CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree that he would walk the bike down. Even if he were too injured to walk the bike, his best bet (absent someone trying to kill him) would be to stay by the trail and wait for a passing biker.

I would also think that he'd have a quick patch kit with him for punctures. A patched tire might slow him down, but he'd be able to ride to a location to be picked up. He was an elite mountain biker, so he was probably prepared for the more common mishaps that can occur.

BBM - I'm glad you made that suggestion. Actually, I had thought the same thing, but was shy about posting it as I know so little about the habits of Mt. bikers. :)

OMG x 7 !!! (Seven Hours being how much time I spent today trying to be able to get online here...Grrrh...)

Just how involved can this Plea Bargaining be?!? I'm dumbfounded...
Hopefully it will take less time than a trial would take and save the county some $.

I know what you mean.

The only other issue is that the mountain is a residential area. If he had been accidentally shot, he would have known where to go...any one of those homes would have rushed him inside and called for help.

Of course I've read them and no I'm not joking. The possibility of having covered himself doesn't rule out murder. There has been no proof offered that the girls were covered, has there?

No need to be rude, is there? I believe that's the one thing Tricia asked of us all.

moo

I agree that he would walk the bike down. Even if he were too injured to walk the bike, his best bet (absent someone trying to kill him) would be to stay by the trail and wait for a passing biker.

I would also think that he'd have a quick patch kit with him for punctures. A patched tire might slow him down, but he'd be able to ride to a location to be picked up. He was an elite mountain biker, so he was probably prepared for the more common mishaps that can occur.
Yes I agree that even many novice bikers have their patch kit and pump for trail riding. That is basic, unless it was a large cut that couldn't be patched.

I know what you mean.

The only other issue is that the mountain is a residential area. If he had been accidentally shot, he would have known where to go...any one of those homes would have rushed him inside and called for help.

Thank you. I don't have this case memorized like I do some.

I only brought up the possibility of him covering himself because some other posters had asked if falling and blowing leaves could have covered him - not to suggest is was an accidental shooting.

This just makes me mad. Why should he get a "deal" at all? He's had plenty of second chances already.
Hope he at least gets custodial sentence of 3+ years or it would make even more of a farce out of RL's sentence length.

Please do not let this menace out.

AIMOO

Could it be they want to make a quick deal that will keep him locked up for a definite time period to allow more time for both CO & IN LE to investigate the whereabouts of DN (& perhaps others) on the kill dates?

It's just odd that LE is so quiet on this case.

I wonder if the unnamed source of the multiple gunshots injuries was correct because I can't find any supporting official statement from LE, other than TW was "shot". If the source was also a searcher, a body covered in blood from a single gunshot can look like several.

If multiple gunshots were not involved, on the table of possibilities is accidental homicide and TW was shot by a random bullet in an area with a history of illegal recreation shooting. Perhaps he attempted to walk toward help (iirc Mt Herman doesnt have cellphone coverage) disorientated or otherwise, then eventually sought a resting place and succumbed to his injuries. After four days, his body was covered from autumn leaves blown or fallen from trees.

I could be wrong, but the lack of communication from LE has me wondering if it's not totally conclusive that intentional murder was involved.

"......Update on Mount Herman Road Homicide September 18, 2017

On Saturday, September 16, 2017, at approximately 5:00 PM, deputies responded to the base of Mount Herman Road in reference to a missing person. Palmer Lake Police had taken a case for the missing person earlier in the day. The missing person was last seen on September 14, 2017, at approximately 10:00 AM.

Search and Rescue was dispatched and began an extensive search of the area in which a shoe and bicycle were found. Due to limited light conditions, the search was called off for the night. Search and Rescue resumed their search early Sunday morning, September 17, 2017.

At approximately 11:45 AM, a civilian discovered a body which appeared to be deceased. Search and Rescue were able to confirm the person was deceased and requested law enforcement assistance.

Detectives responded and began to process the scene.

The victim, Timothy Watkins was shot and there is currently no suspect information. This is still an ongoing investigation and we are encouraging the residents of the area to be vigilant. If you see anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, please contact the Sheriff's Office Dispatch Center.......

Any information deemed official will be coming from the Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer...."
https://www.epcsheriffsoffice.com/news-releases/update-on-mount-herman-road-homicide

So why did IN LE make such a point of shutting up CO from releasing any details?

RL never Fta at court or absconded AFAIK. DN has numerous offences he has just run away from to avoid conviction. He has 4 warrants alone from Indiana. Perhaps that's what Co are doing the plea deal for - to make it easier for him to be extradited. Moo

This sound logical ^^^^^

OMG x 7 !!! (Seven Hours being how much time I spent today trying to be able to get online here...Grrrh...)

Just how involved can this Plea Bargaining be?!? I'm dumbfounded...

Have you tried one of those plug-in wifi boosters that will improve the wifi service in all areas of your house?

So why did IN LE make such a point of shutting up CO from releasing any details?

Well they haven't released any official details one way or another for over three months now.. My point was the multiple gunshot wounds wasn't released by LE either.

http://kdvr.com/2017/09/28/man-accu...-a-hatchet-might-be-linked-to-recent-murders/

Not sure this article has been posted. Clearly shows TW death is being investigated as a murder not an accidental or random shoooting.

In the Press Release LE referred only to a "homicide", which indeed is commonly thought of as murder. By definition, "homicide" is the act of one human killing another. A homicide is not always intentional act.

"What is HOMICIDE ACCIDENTAL?

This term applies to killing a [personal that was an accident. See manslaughter; involuntary manslaughter."
https://thelawdictionary.org/homicide-accidental/

I'm by no means suggesting it to be a fact that TW was accidentally shot, just adding another possibility outside of the box.

That is the million dollar question. That "shutting up" of CO LE by IN LE fuels my feeling that DN is an element in the Feb. murders of Abby and Libby.

Elaboration from Lance Benzel, Gazette reporter:
" the El Paso County Sheriff's Office didn't return a recent message asking for an update on the Watkins investigation."

As I posted on the A&L thread:

"Attorneys confirmed the plea talks Wednesday at a brief court appearance by Nations. The defendant is due to return to court at 10 a.m. Friday, at which time a deal could be announced, according to discussions in court. The judge overseeing the case suggested the hearing could again be postponed due to scheduling difficulties, however."

What exactly is the ongoing scheduling issue?
First a computer glitch. Twice that happened in elpaso county.

Then, this was put off twice so the Prosecutor could go over it. In December, she stated she was in another case and couldn't read the plea deal. So no one read the plea deal suggested by his atty since December 15th? Then today, we have another scheduling issue. And this time the judge says there may be another scheduling issue Friday, like he already knows...

Yeah, ok...

https://m.gazette.com/plea-bargain-looms-for-drifter-in-mount-herman-menacing-case/article/1618339

Elaboration from Lance Benzel, Gazette reporter:
" the El Paso County Sheriff's Office didn't return a recent message asking for an update on the Watkins investigation."

As I posted on the A&L thread:

"Attorneys confirmed the plea talks Wednesday at a brief court appearance by Nations. The defendant is due to return to court at 10 a.m. Friday, at which time a deal could be announced, according to discussions in court. The judge overseeing the case suggested the hearing could again be postponed due to scheduling difficulties, however."

What exactly is the ongoing scheduling issue?
First a computer glitch. Twice that happened in elpaso county.

Then, this was put off twice so the Prosecutor could go over it. In December, she stated she was in another case and couldn't read the plea deal. So no one read the plea deal suggested by his atty since December 15th? Then today, we have another scheduling issue. And this time the judge says there may be another scheduling issue Friday, like he already knows...

Yeah, ok...

https://m.gazette.com/plea-bargain-looms-for-drifter-in-mount-herman-menacing-case/article/1618339

That seems to be the way court cases go imo. Long, drawn out, money wasting delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member