CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not possible. It's a national forest ANd a residential area where many, many hikers walk every day. Locals know what marijuana looks and smells like. It would be stolen in a matter of days. You'd have to see the mountain in person. You couldn't just grow weed off the trails.

BBM
That was a thought that popped into my head when they postponed the hearings again. Because I wondered what the heck is going on that needs so much negotiating. Then it occurred to me maybe they're talking murder charges and his attorney is trying to negotiate that down to a lesser degree or manslaughter. I don't know though, do they even begin negotiations on a separate charge before the charge has even been filed?

I've tried really hard to be objective here and think it could not be DN, but I keep envisioning him running, waving that bleeping hatchet at kids on bikes or other people, and I keep seeing that picture of him driving past the search party enough times they got suspicious.

Sometimes I wonder if he had a cash crop(s) growing up there that he was trying to guard. He acted like someone being territorial or possessive of something he didn't want others around. (I've thought of being protective of his family but he left them elsewhere while lurking around the search party so that doesn't make sense.) The Ns landed in CO about the right time to plant outdoors. Maybe he thought he could make some quick money in the Fall and his 'guarding' behavior/hatchet threats showed up about the same time the plants were maturing enough to be readily visible. Maybe TW stumbled onto his crop at the time DN happened to be there and there was an altercation. I wonder if he grew it in IN too, he liked his weed per KN but didn't seem to have a lot of spare cash to throw that way. I don't know, my thoughts wander, so it's all just my .02.

Regarding wanting to know exactly where TW's body, his bike, and his shoe were found:

Certainly there would have been crime scene tape put up around each site (except, perhaps, site shoe was found).

I'm wondering if the yellow crime scene tape is still there. ??

I'm sorry. I should say, it's not likely he was growing. Anything is possible.

FYI
I just learned that CO has free public transportation for homeless. Interesting. KN had mentioned that she wanted a car because she didn't like taking the bus. It's free for her for goodness sake!
I wonder if IN has free public transportation for homeless. I couldn't find anything on it. IN has free public transit for veterans tho.
Anyway, I wonder if this has been one of the ways DN used to get around.

Cant make nor tail of it but does this help?

https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/vtp/

KR
Reacher

Sorry. I should have edited my last post. I was responding to Kizzy.

I think it is unlikely that her could have had a grow operation.

I should also add that the dirt on mt Herman is rough. You'd have to add soil, and it was September. Most growers would be bringing their plants inside.

Regarding wanting to know exactly where TW's body, his bike, and his shoe were found:

Certainly there would have been crime scene tape put up around each site (except, perhaps, site shoe was found).

Are you adding to your reponse to Kizzy's post or are you answering my post about crime scene tape? Tia.

Last I heard (a few weeks ago), it was.

He still shows in el Paso county jail, not teller. I wonder if he ever was transported for court in teller today, or if this is a scheduling issue as well.

Does anyone know what happened in court today?

Cant make nor tail of it but does this help?

https://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/vtp/

KR
Reacher

I can't either. Lol! But, add to it, DN has a limp which might put him as disabled also. So, here we have a disabled veteran. I'll bet he got around just fine with public transportation. Does a disabled veteran also receive money for life? I'm not sure about this.

Last I heard (a few weeks ago), it was.

Thanks, Daey! I had just read today about someone who had followed the last trail poor TW took and mentioned seeing the crime tape where his body and bike were found. (so sad..)

Wish they had described exactly where the tape was seen.

I've not. Which is why I don't understand if there's that any evidence DN is the culprit, why charges haven't been laid by now. Instead, time and energy is wasted on plea dealing to reduce outstanding charges. JMO the investigation into TW's death is following a different avenue.

I notice these two homeless men in the link below were arrested Dec 15th for a murder of a man that occured on Dec 4th. One of them has outstanding charges very similar to DN. Note at the bottom of the report "anyone with information is asked to call.....". If LE were confident DN was responsible for the murder of TW, or anyone else for that matter, by now they'd have proceeded accordingly IMO.

http://gazette.com/two-men-arrested...-camp-in-early-december-death/article/1617284

Maybe waiting on a witness who has been severely traumatized by DN to find the strength and courage to be forthcoming with all she knows?

BBM - I had no idea! This was a good find, kkdj, and hopefully someone here will be able to shed more light on the subj.
When I was digging around I found regular bus transportation available from Camby airport to Purdue uni in Lafayette. Camby was where DN lived under the bridge and Lafayette is just west of Delphi about 25 miles. I'll check again - I think it was free for students.

I can quite honestly say I am disappointed for TW and his family and friends that no further information has been requested by LE for his homicide by the powers that be. Or that MSM dont appear to be giving updates. I suspect there is a whole(Family) Hamlet/village/town on tender hooks pondering if they still have a murderer within their mists or whether the culprit is already behind bars. I suspect the same can be said of the Delphi double homicide. I understand all the political correctness etc and everyone is innocent before being proved guilty. As a bye stander from abroad looking in I really feel the local community deserve a correct and proper update about TW and the progress that has been made to apprehending his Murderer.

All in MPO
KR
Reacher

Hopefully LE are keeping TW's family updated privately.

Is it likely that murder charges could be discussed before they are even laid? I guess that's possible for sure. DN will certainly, at a minimum, have been interviewed, given his DNA (required on felony arrest, by force if necessary) and been questioned but he may have remained silent. So they perhaps are requiring further evidence (CS DNA, ballistics, forensics, phone data etc.) which they are still waiting on.

Maybe waiting on a witness who has been severely traumatized by DN to find the strength and courage to be forthcoming with all she knows?

It's possible someone will turn state's evidence for something they want in return. What's the bargaining chip worth?

I can't either. Lol! But, add to it, DN has a limp which might put him as disabled also. So, here we have a disabled veteran. I'll bet he got around just fine with public transportation. Does a disabled veteran also receive money for life? I'm not sure about this.
I don't think he has any disability benefits. I watched him walk in court video and cannot detect a limp so it may be something they notice but no one else would. His former employer and KN said he worked construction which I believe. That's not something a disabled person does. As a vet he may be able to take a bus and maybe he does that some. But it is also not uncommon for construction workers to be picked up by a crew member and ride to a job site and dropped back off. He also slept in a friends car so maybe he got rides from him as well.
I do think KN got benefits, food stamps, etc. I don't know if she was able to get a bus pass for him, possibly. And he used her car quite a bit. I think she may have even been getting IN benefits while they were in CO and that is how they occasionally stayed in a motel. She could have been on Unemployment and I am sure she knows how to file every week like she is in IN.

Yes, construction. He framed houses.
"Hamilton recalled that Nations was working for a Zionsville construction company north of Indianapolis and framed houses in that area.

"He'd be working up in that area," Hamilton said, speculating on the news accounts that police wanted to talk with Nations about the Delphi killings. "It's just a hop, skip and jump to Delphi."

https://amp.jconline.com/amp/717253001

I don't think he has any disability benefits. I watched him walk in court video and cannot detect a limp so it may be something they notice but no one else would. His former employer and KN said he worked construction which I believe. That's not something a disabled person does. As a vet he may be able to take a bus and maybe he does that some. But it is also not uncommon for construction workers to be picked up by a crew member and ride to a job site and dropped back off. He also slept in a friends car so maybe he got rides from him as well.
I do think KN got benefits, food stamps, etc. I don't know if she was able to get a bus pass for him, possibly. And he used her car quite a bit. I think she may have even been getting IN benefits while they were in CO and that is how they occasionally stayed in a motel. She could have been on Unemployment and I am sure she knows how to file every week like she is in IN.

Sorry. I should have edited my last post. I was responding to Kizzy.

I think it is unlikely that her could have had a grow operation.

I should also add that the dirt on mt Herman is rough. You'd have to add soil, and it was September. Most growers would be bringing their plants inside.
If he had planted in May or June? could he have found a workable piece of soil in the area, well off the trail? And that he might still be tending prior to harvest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89