DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is s brilliant deduction Kizzy. So can someone ask EPC Sheriff if
1. They are now released from that obligation and
2. Whether DN is a POI for TW murder.
3. Whether they will be giving an update.

That is s brilliant deduction Kizzy. So can someone ask EPC Sheriff if
1. They are now released from that obligation and
2. Whether DN is a POI for TW murder.
3. Whether they will be giving an update.
I posted a request for an update on their FB about a week ago or soon after he was extradited and no response. Of course they just lost an officer and it has hit them hard and then the procession and fund raising for the family. But perhaps they did not reply to me because I'm not local. It might get a better response from someone local.

Just to update anyone who missed it, below is a snippet transcribed from ISP's press conference yesterday in Delphi, IN.

What I'm wondering about is the similarities between TW's murder and Delphi murders that was mentioned right away, but then IN LE requested CO LE not talk about their case any further. After yesterday's press conference by IN LE, wouldn't that indicate CO LE is now free to release any additional details in TW's murder that may assist in generating leads and tips?

I feel I'm not explaining my thoughts very well, but I'll try:
If it was a POI that was a potential common denominator in CO and IN, yesterday's statement by IN LE would indicate that common denominator is removed.
If it was something like a similar crime scene or weapon that is a potential common denominator, that would mean one of two things. Either it's highly coincidental - or - they'd be looking for another/different POI (Bridge Guy) who was in IN last Feb on the Monon High Bridge and also in CO in September on Mt Herman Rd/Limbaugh trail. With so many thousands of miles of trails in the US the odds of that seem extremely remote. Making it more likely any similarities between IN and CO are just coincidence. <- Struggling to explain that part, hope it makes sense. All JMO and MOO.

So at this juncture, yesterday's IN LE statement essentially created a disconnect between the two cases. Which leads to my questions: Does this mean IN LE's request for CO's silence is off the table? Will CO LE proceed and release info to the public that might help generate tips and hopefully leads for TW's case?

9:44
Male reporter: Daniel Nations has been called a person of interest. What does that mean to the Indiana State Police when you say someone is a person of interest?
Supt Carter: Well, I, I, I think the inverse to that statement is until there's somebody arrested we're interested in almost everybody. But we uh, we, we, as you all know, we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him. And he's not a person that we uh, care a whole lot about at this moment in time. And that's all I'll say about Daniel Nations.
http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/LIVE-STREAM-EVENT--473948353.html

Jacque Kirby with the El Paso County Sheriff&#8217;s Office admitted &#8220;many similarities&#8221; in the Watkins case and the Delphi murders and is not denying a possible connection. She said police in Indiana have requested no further information be released to the public.
http://www.wthitv.com/content/news/448607653.html

Very good points.

The public can and will help LE if they can just give the public enough information to help them. This "keeping close to the vest" stuff is fine when it is valid but when there is no reason for it then all it does is keep the criminals safe from being caught.

We need to get away from the outdated strategies of years ago.

In the days of the internet we are long overdue for LE to start utilizing the public much more to help them.

After only five months of investigating the murder of TW, El Paso LE seems to be just as far along in their investigation as Carroll County LE is in their twelve month one.

Both, it would seem, are only missing one piece of their puzzle.

You know, the whodunnit piece. Moo

Maybe, they could have their man in case TW (makes sense) but in case A/L it is someone unknown despite similarities. DN and an unknown perp/s wood/trail/bridge/camp lovers, it seems.
:waiting:

After only five months of investigating the murder of TW, El Paso LE seems to be just as far along in their investigation as Carroll County LE is in their twelve month one.

Both, it would seem, are only missing one piece of their puzzle.

You know, the whodunnit piece. Moo

So True.

Whenever I hear their spokespersons say they are "just one tip away" I sadly have to ignore them anymore because all that is telling me is they are waiting for someone to come to them and hand the case to them in a silver platter rather than them going out and investigating to try and uncover something to break open the case.

It reminds me of the time my Dad took a 10 dollar winning lottery ticket back to the store to claim his prize. He excitedly told the clerk
"One more number right and I would have won 1,000 dollars".

The clerk said:
"One less number right and you would have gotten S*** :)

So True.

Whenever I hear their spokespersons say they are "just one tip away" I sadly have to ignore them anymore because all that is telling me is they are waiting for someone to come to them and hand the case to them in a silver platter rather than them going out and investigating to try and uncover something to break open the case.

It reminds me of the time my Dad took a 10 dollar winning lottery ticket back to the store to claim his prize. He excitedly told the clerk

The clerk said:
Its great to come on this thread and read down to earth comments like yours and Fox's. We are talking about puppies, avatars, user names and why was the search called off early. There's nothing to discuss really in either case ATM. I am still hanging on to the hope the perp is in custody for other crimes and that is why LE are so quiet in both states. MOO

Its great to come on this thread and read down to earth comments like yours and Fox's. We are talking about puppies, avatars, user names and why was the search called off early. There's nothing to discuss really in either case ATM. I am still hanging on to the hope the perp is in custody for other crimes and that is why LE are so quiet in both states. MOO
On one hand I feel Carter left some wiggle room on DN at the recent press conference when he said, "they spent some time with him", and everyone they have "talked to is not involved". Maybe that is just parsing words but i think he chooses his words carefully. However in another interview a couple of days before he said he agreed that DN was the logical guy, he looked like him, but he feels differently now, "based upon what we know about him". He doesn't sound ambiguous in that statement.

For reference:

Daniel Nations no longer a major concern in Delphi murders
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Nations-no-longer-a-major-concern-in-Delphi-murders-474116613.html

"DELPHI, Ind. (KKTV/WTTV) - Daniel Nations, the man once considered a person of interest in the Delphi killings of two young girls,is not a major concern for investigators in Indiana.

"As you all know, we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him [Daniel Nations], and he's not a person we care a whole lot about at this time," Superintendent Douglas Carter with the Indiana State Police said Tuesday. &#8220;Until somebody is arrested, we&#8217;re interested in almost everybody.&#8221;"

So True.

The clerk said:

Thanks, Hat. Great little story :) and, imo, a darn good analogy!

Now just jumping off your post here...

I had thought (and hoped) that Colorado media would report on "Hatchet Man" no longer being a POI in Indiana murders and indicate whether or not he is still a POI in TW's case.

I haven't found anything. Have any of you searched? Tia.

Ok so how do we explain the similarities in the Co and Delphi murders?

Yes...how indeed?!?

The way things stand following that recent dePresser, leave me assuming that "hatchet trauma" was never one of the similarities.

Other than that, I've got nothing...

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/02/15/daniel-nations-murder-teens-indiana/

February 15, 2018 - Interest May Be Fading For Man Arrested In Colorado, Teens Murdered Investigation

(CBS4) [Denver] – Interest may be fading in the man dubbed “hatchet man” for making threats to hikers and bicyclists in El Paso County, in connection with a double teen murder in Indiana.

<snipped> Nations pleaded guilty to threatening people with a hatchet on the Mount Herman Trail near Monument last September and was sentenced to three years of supervised probation. The death of a cyclist in that same area is still under investigation.

He was once a person of interest in the murders of two teenagers, Abby Williams and Libby German.

<snipped> “He’s not a person I care a whole lot about at this moment in time and that’s all I will say about Daniel Nations,” said Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter.

Thanks, Hat. Great little story :) and, imo, a darn good analogy!

Now just jumping off your post here...

I had thought (and hoped) that Colorado media would report on "Hatchet Man" no longer being a POI in Indiana murders and indicate whether or not he is still a POI in TW's case.

I haven't found anything. Have any of you searched? Tia.

This is all I found and posted previously.

Yes...how indeed?!?

The way things stand following that recent dePresser, leave me assuming that "hatchet trauma" was never one of the similarities.

Other than that, I've got nothing...

I like that. "dePresser" is spot on. Might borrow that. Has anyone looked at WKAT media who have a couple of new you tubes out.

Several weeks ago, I ran into several officers from El Paso county and Palmer Lake recently and flat out asked them, “Who killed Tim?”

The police chief said, “I don’t know,” He then went on to state that it’s still being investigated, and so I asked who is investigating it. He stated that the county, he believes.

I asked him (several weeks ago) if TW’s murder was connected to A&L’s murders. He said he knew nothing about that. The other officers were silent. I tried to read body language and facial expressions but could only interpret them collectively as honest and withdrawn.

I then ran into another officer and asked the same questions and got pretty much the same responses. It was almost as if I knew more about TW’s murder than they did. Maybe because I follow it, and for the most part even the local officers aren’t informed of any activity in this case (if there is any) IMO.

So either these guys are really good liars, or they aren’t informed about whether or not there’s a murderer still walking around in their jurisdiction, which is 6 square miles. Three part time officers. And a killer on the loose?

And they are not warning us. This is a place where they are actively community policing. They go into businesses and wave at you when you drive by. They see women and children walking the streets and trails alone, even at night. Yet no one seems concerned. LE is not concerned IMO.

I don’t understand why. There must be some awareness that a killer is suspected. I don’t know who it is, but there has to be someone or something for motive that we don’t know about. Unless it’s just general apathy. I don’t get it.

MOO

Thanks for your update Daey. That is weird. I was reading about the shooting of the Deputies and the murder of Deputy Flick. I understand the perp was shot dead but they are not releasing his identity. Any reason that you know of for that?
The reason I bring it up here is that could explain the situation if the perp were dead for instance.

:cow:

Thanks for your update Daey. That is weird. I was reading about the shooting of the Deputies and the murder of Deputy Flick. I understand the perp was shot dead but they are not releasing his identity. Any reason that you know of for that?
The reason I bring it up here is that could explain the situation if the perp were dead for instance.

:cow:

Came across this Shire -- Flick's murderer was identified on Feb. 6.

[FONT=&quot]The Colorado Springs Police department identified the man suspected of killing an El Paso County Sheriff's deputy, and injuring four more in a shooting Monday afternoon.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Officers said 19-year-old Colorado Springs man Manuel Zetina was the man who shot and killed 34-year-old deputy Micah Flick.[/FONT]

http://www.koaa.com/story/37443404/police-identify-man-suspected-of-killing-deputy-micah-flick

DeDee said:
snipped by me....
Now, please tell me why DN is the talk of the thread since he is in Indiana now?

Because we can't discuss DN on the other thread..... :dunno:

and I just looked up his docket in Colorado - a "new" date on 2/20. Have no idea "what" this one is about. Anyone know what the DR is in case #? I know that the March 1 is re children.

Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 2 of 2 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
2/20/18
8:30 AM NATIONS, DANIEL Setting D602018DR30004 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT
3/1/18
10:00 AM NATIONS, DANIEL Review Hearing D602017JV33 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214