CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, sorry but gotta come out of lurkdom to say I don't think anyone has been making this thread about themselves at all. Some contribute here more than others. Some are better than others at culling relevant online info to bring forth. I enjoy and appreciate ALL of the posts here and hope this thread will continue on. I honestly don't understand the very recent admonishment.

As well, I DO wish we could be told why the A&L thread remains closed. I honestly don't understand that at all either. That case & this one are the primary reason I have spent the past year reading and contributing here daily. If the thread is not going to be opened should I just stop checking in to ascertain its status each day? I am really getting frustrated, bewildered, sad. If we can't discuss the A&L case I would at least like to know why as that would help me to know whether I should just give up on it or what. Very sad, if so.

As regards this TW case and the posting that has been going on it has all seemed quite civil to me and I don't see any problems. Maybe I should change my name here to PERPLEXED.

From the above Gazette link

"The appearance of inactivity does not mean there is no activity."

There appears to be 3 unsolved homicides of which TW is one. It also states that sometimes it is needed for someone to give up the shooter.
We've heard that before so let's hope they do.

Ty for that link. Concerning to see such an increase in gun violence and the increase in the number of minors involved in crimes. <sigh>

BBM - I can't help but wonder if a $100,000.00 reward would encourage someone to "give up the shooter."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbbyVv5hw8c

This is an Indy channel news video I had missed - it includes an interview with a former employer of DN.

Thanx for posting the previous LE video Jax. I hadn't seen that one either.
Eta. Sorry wrong link originally. This should be correct one now

At this time, police are not calling Nations a suspect or even a person of interest in the Delphi double homicide case. Holeman said they'll have more answers in the next couple of days thanks to DNA evidence.
"I know that he is a registered sex offender, so some of that is probably already on file," said Holeman.
He said part of their investigation will include comparing Nations' DNA to the DNA found near the Monon High Bridge Trail, where Libby German and Abby Williams were found."
"ISP says DNA evidence could give them answers on Daniel Nations in days" Source http://www.wthitv.com/content/news/448779023.html

this post was copied by me MOO
This is from Sept. 17 and yet to date ISP have not ruled DN in or out.

This is from Sept. 17 and yet to date ISP have not ruled DN in or out.

yes I thought it was more current, so i deleted the post, but yes interesting

Hi Everyone,

Please remember this thread is about the Tim Watkins killing. Please stay on topic.

Abby and Libby will open up when there is something new to discuss. That discussion was making it almost impossible for
our mods to work anyplace else on the forum. It wasn't a small group of posters either.

We have seen this for over 14 years on Websleuths. When a big case goes cold all hell can break loose and usually does.

Please respect our decisions and our rules. If you have any questions please send a private message.

Thank you,
Tricia

DeDee, Thank you for your post. I respect your sleuthing skills and gut instincts as you dig out possibilities.
I think KN might actually not know it is illegal for her to provide him with access to a gun. I don't believe the story of their car being broken into but I can see her thinking there were wild animals they might need protection from. Also she said he held all their money and their phones. Was he paranoid that she would post their location on FB or maybe even call 911? We don't know if they bought the gun legally or if they bought it from another homeless camper or one of this brothers friends. So we can't know that she walked into Wal-Mart of her own free will and purchased the little .22. It may have been stolen. I hope LE did all their work to determine just where and when they bought it.

As for ML searches, they found her vehicle on 9/29 after she was reported missing on 9/24. If her friends were looking for her in the days before 9/29 they either didn't go to this trailhead (so was that not an area she usually hiked?) Or if they did the vehicle wasn't there. We know DN was still in the Mt Herman area during the search for TW. He may not have known right away that his vehicle had been photographed but I wonder if sometime after that he discovered LE was looking for someone in a red car that matched his. I think he may have been especially desperate as he seemed to be when he argued for more money at the pawn shop and of course as evidenced by his unhinged threatening behavior. ML may really just be a coincidence and her friends are surely not pushing LE for any more for which they are probably relieved.

As for the gag order I am not sure about it. The only report I see says his attorney asked for it and I believe there are various things that can be blocked in a gag order but it does not say how the judge ruled to apply it except later we are told that investigators asked for the order that prevented him to talk without an attorney present be lifted when he got to Clear Creek. So was that the extent of the gag order?

Colorado is a unique place. But do you think their often laid back attitude is why there is no public outrage over this murder of even a beloved local pillar? I do see that their news is dominated by busting illegal grows that threaten their pristine environment as well as a slew of gun related deaths almost daily. Maybe it is true almost anywhere that those with family and friends screaming loudest are more likely to get justice.
I remember reading recently in the MB thread that there was DNA recovered but it was too poor or small to yield results to help them. Since these murders TW, A&L, may have taken place all outdoors (or near a creek) is it possible that is why POI cannot be included or excluded? If DN has no alibi to exclude him and his DNA was not recovered from the scene does that mean he wasn't there that day? If a phone he used pinged a tower in Delphi on the 13th does it mean he murdered 2 girls? Not saying he is or isn't the killer but its reasons like that they are still begging for information from someone who knows. Right?

I'll only address MLs vehicle by stating that if DN drove her vehicle to where it was found, why didn't he keep it? It was in much better shape than his red car. He could have found a chop shop and sold it that very day, esp. given the type people he seems attracted to most. He could find someone to hook him up with a chop shop. It's a highly lucrative business.

And, also, you do know that I trust but verify! The slew of gun related deaths was googled since I do not feel TW died because of DN having a firearm while acknowledging that I could be wrong. I wish I was wrong so this nightmare could finally end with a conviction. As my theory rolls, the sketch is of DN taken from a mugshot. It matches far too accurately. Although, it does not match BG. ISP were searching for DN. LE flew to CO but it was futile as DN is no more of a POI than any others. On Dr Phil, we were suddenly told not to look at the face of BG but to look at the body and clothing.

Me: These are the CO homicide numbers' graph. Note when I was last there in 2014. There has been a significant increase since.

"This approach is particularly revealing when it comes to homicides. The 2016 total of 189 represents a 9.9 percent increase over the 172 that took place in 2015. But as you can see, this sum is higher than the number of homicides during any year in the past decade..... The trend line for rapes in Colorado is even more alarming. While the 3,512 rapes committed [Yikes!] in 2016...."
"Here's a graphic offering a direct comparison of stats from 2016 and 2015. Note that the homicide numbers exclude negligent manslaughter, and that the overall offense totals don't precisely match the actual rate because of rounding in assorted categories."

2016.cbi.homicide.graphic.jpg

Me: Chart of all crimes. I apologize for not downloading and cropping to emphasize the murders only.
2016.cbi.colorado.statewide.reported.crimes.jpg

http://www.westword.com/news/colora...burglaries-and-car-theft-rise-in-2017-9250973

http://recordspedia.com/Colorado/Palmer-Lake/Crime-Statistics#top

Note : the figures are over a 10 year period but some years are missing.

I posted these stats in thread 1 so have reposted as DeDee has brought up the subject again. I don't have more up to date figures for Palmer Lake but these figures showed no murders so TW's is unusual for the area. Most El Paso murders happen in Co Springs I understand. (37 last year and the 1 TW Palmer Lake/Monument one). Please correct me if wrong.

That’s exactly what I was going to say. Palmer lake and monument are tiny slivers of El Paso county, which is predominately made up of Colorado Springs.

I posted these stats in thread 1 so have reposted as DeDee has brought up the subject again. I don't have more up to date figures for Palmer Lake but these figures showed no murders so TW's is unusual for the area. Most El Paso murders happen in Co Springs I understand. (37 last year and the 1 TW Palmer Lake/Monument one). Please correct me if wrong.

This data is not up to date to reflect the crime surge happening due to all the homeless people arriving in CO.

This data is not up to date to reflect the crime surge happening due to all the homeless people arriving in CO.

And those crimes are being hidden in cities like Denver.

Recently in Denver it was discovered that 1000 felony burglaries were changed to misdemeanor thefts, which means they don't get reported and included in crime statistics.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/23/denver-police-department-crime-report-errors/

"Officers and their commanders can find ways to “mischaracterize reports” so that they don’t show up in official databases, Ponzi said.
In Denver, that could be through a “letter to detective” where a person’s crime report is submitted for official record on a need-to-know basis but is not counted as a crime, said Ponzi, a former Denver police lieutenant.

“If they can find a way to mischaracterize a crime into something not reported to the FBI, the crime never shows up,” he said. “There are many purposes to doing this. The biggest is to downgrade serious crimes so both your police department and city look better to the public.”

I'd wondered how much the transient population in parts of CO were affecting public safety and crime stats.

I'm only aware of one murder by a homeless person in El Paso county. (The guy who killed DN's brother). The gazette article linked up thread says there were children killed by family members, some persons were killed as a result of robberies, and many involved juveniles either as victims or the killer. There were also some multiple shooters. 2017 was also not the highest year for murders but 2013 was higher with 2017 being second highest. 3 murders remain unsolved, TW's being one of them.

Re: Abby and Libby, lots of new posts in the media thread with a new anniversary article by Dave Bangert | Journal & Courier, link below.

Looks like DN really isn't the guy...?? I have to say that's what my gut told me on day 1 (remember guys when I wasn't getting excited? Many posts re: this...anyway...I kept it at 50/50 bc boy was he a good POI!! For so many reasons...What a shame!).

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...melines-NO-DISCUSSION&p=13920897#post13920897
(Thanks Jax49 for the article link)

(I read the anniversary article earlier today ( great article had me in tears) but as it was A&L wasn't sure we could discuss it based on Tricia"s post yesterday.)

Mods please delete if not allowed.

(I read the anniversary article earlier today ( great article had me in tears) but as it was A&L wasn't sure we could discuss it based on Tricia"s post yesterday.)

Oh which one? Need to go back!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member