CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KN said it was secured in the trunk of the car? Was it? Take a look at the trunk of the car!

They were living out of her car. It was secured how? In the trunk with everything else? c'mon now.

I brought this up in a conversation off of WS re: the Watkins' murder, but thought I'd go ahead and share it here as well. I mentioned in another post that I think Watkins' murder was personal. I still do. I don't think it was random and I think LE, and maybe even the family, have a good idea of who did it.

A couple of years ago we had a missing person's case in my area. The guy was on the phone with his gf when there was a knock on his door and he said he had to go. Nobody saw him after that. Like Watkins, he was a well-liked guy. Biked everywhere. Kind of a hippie character. Didn't have any enemies as far as anyone knew. Wasn't into drugs. A few weeks after he went missing, his body was uncovered in the river so it became a murder case.

LE never really asked the public for information or help. The case was eerily quiet. The family was quiet about it, too. Then, suddenly, two men were getting arrested and hauled in for murder. That is when the rest of the details came forward...

Apparently, the guy had been a marijuana dealer (nobody in his life knew this) and owed money to someone. When he got that knock on the door, the gf actually recognized the guy's voice and knew exactly who it was. That little detail was kept out of the press at the time. In interviews, the gf acted like she had no idea who knocked. They kept that info quiet so that it wouldn't tip off the killers.

In addition, not only did LE know who came and knocked at his door, but the murderers apparently took the poor guy down to a vehicle and beat him to death-and someone saw it and called 911. LE got there too late. That, too, was kept from the press. So they had a name, suspects, and even a vehicle make but ALL of that was hushed. They were trying to track down the killers and didn't want to tip them off, so they were playing dumb.

Sad story all the way around. He was apparently a good guy who just trusted the wrong people. From reading the articles and sleuthing his story at the time, none of us managed to come up with the true scenario.

In the beginning, I did think that there was a possibility that DN was involved in TW's death. I no longer do. I think I was suffering from tunnel vision. Sometimes I have to step back and reevaluate.

(Here's a link to the story that I referenced. http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article82037122.html )

I really don't know if you had tunnel vision. DN and something to do with buying/selling drugs or "professionally" punishing a debtor might be a not so far stretch.
..., he was a well-liked guy. Biked everywhere. Kind of a hippie character. Didn't have any enemies as far as anyone knew. Wasn't into drugs.
- as you said above. Well-liked guys, biking everywhere, old-hippie character, not a single enemy, they sometimes have, what I would say, looks like one mugshot between the nice pics of adventures and mountains. I would conclude they perhaps have/had one or the other wrong person in their known circle.

If the Delphi murder thread isn't opened back up soon I'm going to join another site. This is just too frustrating regarding a big case that we can't sleuth.

If the Delphi murder thread isn't opened back up soon I'm going to join another site. This is just too frustrating regarding a big case that we can't sleuth.

There are lots of offsite places that are discussing that crime. I never just stick to one medium; I like to visit all of them because each one kind of offers a new perspective and new POIs to discuss.

I brought this up in a conversation off of WS re: the Watkins' murder, but thought I'd go ahead and share it here as well. I mentioned in another post that I think Watkins' murder was personal. I still do. I don't think it was random and I think LE, and maybe even the family, have a good idea of who did it.

A couple of years ago we had a missing person's case in my area. The guy was on the phone with his gf when there was a knock on his door and he said he had to go. Nobody saw him after that. Like Watkins, he was a well-liked guy. Biked everywhere. Kind of a hippie character. Didn't have any enemies as far as anyone knew. Wasn't into drugs. A few weeks after he went missing, his body was uncovered in the river so it became a murder case.

LE never really asked the public for information or help. The case was eerily quiet. The family was quiet about it, too. Then, suddenly, two men were getting arrested and hauled in for murder. That is when the rest of the details came forward...

Apparently, the guy had been a marijuana dealer (nobody in his life knew this) and owed money to someone. When he got that knock on the door, the gf actually recognized the guy's voice and knew exactly who it was. That little detail was kept out of the press at the time. In interviews, the gf acted like she had no idea who knocked. They kept that info quiet so that it wouldn't tip off the killers.

In addition, not only did LE know who came and knocked at his door, but the murderers apparently took the poor guy down to a vehicle and beat him to death-and someone saw it and called 911. LE got there too late. That, too, was kept from the press. So they had a name, suspects, and even a vehicle make but ALL of that was hushed. They were trying to track down the killers and didn't want to tip them off, so they were playing dumb.

Sad story all the way around. He was apparently a good guy who just trusted the wrong people. From reading the articles and sleuthing his story at the time, none of us managed to come up with the true scenario.

In the beginning, I did think that there was a possibility that DN was involved in TW's death. I no longer do. I think I was suffering from tunnel vision. Sometimes I have to step back and reevaluate.

(Here's a link to the story that I referenced. http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article82037122.html )
I don't think it's tunnel vision to believe what LE have said that there are similarities between TW and the Delphi murders. Do you therefore think someone who knew them and is connected to drugs is responsible for both cases? I think it is verging on victim blaming to suggest a murder victim used and dealt drugs or owed drug debts to someone and that the family know about it, so I don't agree at all regarding that. LE would not have publicised this case if that were so.
:moo:

I don't think it's tunnel vision to believe what LE have said that there are similarities between TW and the Delphi murders. Do you therefore think someone who knew them and is connected to drugs is responsible for both cases? I think it is verging on victim blaming to suggest a murder victim used and dealt drugs or owed drug debts to someone and that the family know about it, so I don't agree at all regarding that. LE would not have publicised this case if that were so.
:moo:

Not what I said at ALL. I was simply stating that sometimes LE keeps information from the public that doesn't come out until later. That's what I think is happening here. I have no earthly idea what that information may be, I was simply relaying another case to give an example.

This is ridiculous and I would be demanding answers if I could. Its bad enough there is zero news coming out about a murder case and a missing person case and now there is breaking No-News about the Sheriff of Monument and another official and they cannot even generically say what this is all about.

No way. The public pays these people and we have a right to know what is going on. Crazy. This whole keeping the public out of stuff is going way too far IMO.

My feeling is when we pay these officials we have a right to know some basic things.

"Don Abel" according to that article. Did KN call him Allen Abel? I didn't go back to Stroup - I'd rather not LOL.
Is that the youtube interview that was allowed on A&L thread? I'll try and find it and link it if it was.
I have to say MS has been right up to now about DN's extradition anyway.

They were living out of her car. It was secured how? In the trunk with everything else? c'mon now.

JMO
This is how I knew she was fibbing about things and probably lying about other things. When I heard her in the interview she made it sound like it was only her gun which was totally "secure" in the trunk and more or less implying that DN was not allowed to touch it or get at it. .

What a load of crud that was. The picture of the car shows the trunk is being held shut with either a rope or bungee cord LOL And they were both living in the car for goodness sakes. She finally admits later that he had just as much access to the gun as she did.

She gave a careful interview and spoke carefully. Too carefully with her words chosen. If DN did any other crimes along their Bonnie and Clyde run to Colorado then she was right there present along with him.
She can claim all she wants that she turned away and didnt even look when DN was practicing his tomahawk skills but I dont buy it. She was in the same car for crying out loud.

Last I knew the law says when you are present with someone doing a crime then you usually are just as guilty. If he did any other crimes using that car with her in it then at a minimum she was the lookout person and at maximum she was either a getaway driver or an active participant.

For the hatchet incident lets put it this way. Was it more likely she was saying to DN "please dont do that honey" or was she yelling "Get that SOB"

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/20...ar-in-El-Paso-County-38-killed-469477643.html
16th January, 2018

2017 second-deadliest year in El Paso County; 38 killed

Some of the families are left without answers, the cases still unsolved.

Tim Watkins’ family is one of them. He was killed while mountain biking near Mt. Herman Road in September. There is still no suspect description.

"He knew everyone and was everyone's best friend,” a friend of Tim Watkins told 11 News.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/20...ar-in-El-Paso-County-38-killed-469477643.html
16th January, 2018

2017 second-deadliest year in El Paso County; 38 killed

Some of the families are left without answers, the cases still unsolved.

Tim Watkins’ family is one of them. He was killed while mountain biking near Mt. Herman Road in September. There is still no suspect description.

"He knew everyone and was everyone's best friend,” a friend of Tim Watkins told 11 News.

http://m.gazette.com/38-homicides-...st-in-el-paso-county-history/article/1618984

TY for that link. At the end there is a link to the gazette story above which is quite a bit more detailed.

There are lots of offsite places that are discussing that crime. I never just stick to one medium; I like to visit all of them because each one kind of offers a new perspective and new POIs to discuss.

I've been partial to Websleuths because of their rules. Less BS and rumors than other sites. But if we can't sleuth a particular case because some choose to be bratty then I'm frustrated and disappointed. Why do we all have to pay for the few? Sorry, just venting.

From the above Gazette link

"The appearance of inactivity does not mean there is no activity."

There appears to be 3 unsolved homicides of which TW is one. It also states that sometimes it is needed for someone to give up the shooter.
We've heard that before so let's hope they do.

Note:

It is not necessary to respond to each and every post that someone makes. It ends up making others feel that the board is being dominated by certain members and it drives members and guests away from the threads when we make it all about ourselves.

Also, rather than the personal back and forth that is about egos instead of the case, either scroll and roll, or use the ignore feature.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member