CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw this!!! My sincere apologies for infracting!!!

Hi Everyone,

Please remember this thread is about the Tim Watkins killing. Please stay on topic.

Abby and Libby will open up when there is something new to discuss. That discussion was making it almost impossible for
our mods to work anyplace else on the forum. It wasn't a small group of posters either.

We have seen this for over 14 years on Websleuths. When a big case goes cold all hell can break loose and usually does.

Please respect our decisions and our rules. If you have any questions please send a private message.

Thank you,
Tricia

And those crimes are being hidden in cities like Denver.

Recently in Denver it was discovered that 1000 felony burglaries were changed to misdemeanor thefts, which means they don't get reported and included in crime statistics.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/23/denver-police-department-crime-report-errors/

"Officers and their commanders can find ways to “mischaracterize reports” so that they don’t show up in official databases, Ponzi said.
In Denver, that could be through a “letter to detective” where a person’s crime report is submitted for official record on a need-to-know basis but is not counted as a crime, said Ponzi, a former Denver police lieutenant.

“If they can find a way to mischaracterize a crime into something not reported to the FBI, the crime never shows up,” he said. “There are many purposes to doing this. The biggest is to downgrade serious crimes so both your police department and city look better to the public.”

Re BBM
Boy that stinks as the public should be getting accurate reporting so we can choose where we want to live. The realtors and house selling markets rely a lot on reports like that to help them advertise.

I suspect other cities do this as well so its probably not just CO that does that. Its just not right IMO.

Re BBM
Boy that stinks as the public should be getting accurate reporting so we can choose where we want to live. The realtors and house selling markets rely a lot on reports like that to help them advertise.

I suspect other cities do this as well so its probably not just CO that does that. Its just not right IMO.

O/T -- Now I understand why kicking in the door of my home and scaring me half to death was "criminal mischief". SMH

moo

just watched an episode of Killing fields and the Parabon lab did a profile for them and omigod they had this guy cold.

so something stood out to me...the parabon has the ability to seek out red pigment in the hair and Identify reddish tones in the hair, also varying degrees of say not blue eyes, could be brown or hazel ( which I suppose is because of varying degrees of brown.

it would be great if they could get some touch dna off of TW , something that could be tested. I guess there was nothing.

I hope nothing was messed up on this case...I hope they checked and double triple checked the area and have not given up.

MOO

That's interesting MZ. I knew about the not blue eyes but not about detecting reddish brown hair colouring.
On valentines day it will be 5 months since TW's murder. That is long enough surely for any evidence to have been analysed.
:cow:

just watched an episode of Killing fields and the Parabon lab did a profile for them and omigod they had this guy cold.

so something stood out to me...the parabon has the ability to seek out red pigment in the hair and Identify reddish tones in the hair, also varying degrees of say not blue eyes, could be brown or hazel ( which I suppose is because of varying degrees of brown.

it would be great if they could get some touch dna off of TW , something that could be tested. I guess there was nothing.

I hope nothing was messed up on this case...I hope they checked and double triple checked the area and have not given up.

MOO

This is very interesting, Mz! I'm fascinated with Parabon testing results and am so glad that LE has this new tool!

BBM - It's almost like Parabon results can act as an additional eyewitness to a crime.

I agree it would be great if enough DNA was found in TW's case to have Parabon testing done. Of course, for all we know, there was enough found and they did the test. I mean, it's not like LE would tell Websleuths, right? :)

And those crimes are being hidden in cities like Denver.

Recently in Denver it was discovered that 1000 felony burglaries were changed to misdemeanor thefts, which means they don't get reported and included in crime statistics.

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/01/23/denver-police-department-crime-report-errors/

"Officers and their commanders can find ways to “mischaracterize reports” so that they don’t show up in official databases, Ponzi said.
In Denver, that could be through a “letter to detective” where a person’s crime report is submitted for official record on a need-to-know basis but is not counted as a crime, said Ponzi, a former Denver police lieutenant.

“If they can find a way to mischaracterize a crime into something not reported to the FBI, the crime never shows up,” he said. “There are many purposes to doing this. The biggest is to downgrade serious crimes so both your police department and city look better to the public.”

Anyone who has watched The Wire or Dexter knows how this works.

Not that I can find, Ember. I went off thread here mid-morning to search for something new, but failed miserably.

I've spent the rest of the day reading a local MTBR's website from when they received news that TW was missing to organizing their own search to when they learned he was dead to when they learned that he had been murdered to their reactions about DN and Court giving him suspended sentence.

Really sad to see his cyclist friends, and others who ride the same trails as TW did, trying to process the senseless murder of one of their own, all the while realizing it could have been any of them.

Not that I can find, Ember. I went off thread here mid-morning to search for something new, but failed miserably.

I've spent the rest of the day reading a local MTBR's website from when they received news that TW was missing to organizing their own search to when they learned he was dead to when they learned that he had been murdered to their reactions about DN and Court giving him suspended sentence.

Really sad to see his cyclist friends, and others who ride the same trails as TW did, trying to process the senseless murder of one of their own, all the while realizing it could have been any of them.

Any facts you can share?

Was thinkg, if the delphi presser tmro helps us rule DN in or out, this may be helpful inTW's case here, as to whether DN may be involved...or not. Though maybe it will leave us all still wondering

Any facts you can share?

No identifiable facts as, except for a couple a links to MSM articles (which we already have here), they, of course, had no need to provide sources for their thoughts.

Btw, I found a couple of reactions to the sad news that TW had been killed, and his body covered with leaves/twigs, to be of particular interest. Whereas those words mean "Murder" to me, a couple of his fellow bikers immediately thought of Bear/Mt.Lion attacks.

Then they learned TW had been shot. I think it had been easier for them to believe that native wildlife had been responsible rather then knowing that someone had senselessly murdered their friend. All Imho.

Was thinkg, if the delphi presser tmro helps us rule DN in or out, this may be helpful inTW's case here, as to whether DN may be involved...or not. Though maybe it will leave us all still wondering

That would be great.

This is the first I've heard of the presser and assume it's Carrol County LE speaking. Given that tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the murder of two innocent young girls, might the presser simply be a recap of all LE has done on the case and what their plans are now?

If this was a presser by Johnson County LE, then I would be more hopeful of us learning something new. Moo

This is the first I've heard of the presser and assume it's Carrol County LE speaking. Given that tomorrow is the one year anniversary of the murder of two innocent young girls, might the presser simply be a recap of all LE has done on the case and what their plans are now?

If this was a presser by Johnson County LE, then I would be more hopeful of us learning something new. Moo

It's a media-only event hosted by the Indiana State Police Supt. who appeared on Megyn Kelly and Dr. Phil.

attachment.php

Attachments

• isp pc.png
    isp pc.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 143
It's a media-only event hosted by the Indiana State Police Supt. who appeared on Megyn Kelly and Dr. Phil.

attachment.php

Ty Jerrod. Very interesting that they're doing an on location presser! I can see now why @Ember is hoping something new will be learned...something that might help shed some light on the Delphi case and possibly TW's case.

Hopefully the "...and to seek additional tips" is an indication that the ISP is going to release some new details.

Fingers crossed...

One new piece of info today was that JoCo Indiana upgraded DN's county warrant to a state warrant on 10 Jan. This date rang a bell with me and this was the same week DN pled guilty and was sentenced here in Co and it also coincided with the Delphi murder investigation deciding to move to smaller premises on the anniversary of the girls deaths. So I am still hopeful tomorrow could be good news.
One other piece of news is tips down to only 1 a day now. Is this all an indication ISP have their guy? I hope so as it could also mean movement on Tim's case.

I thought of another similarity between the cases today. Delphi and Monument/Palmer Lake areas have had no murders for years till 2017. Let's hope both can be solved.

The news from yesterday's presser is that ISP no longer care about DN as a POI and Tricia has taken him off the discussion table on A&L thread. So where does that leave him regarding TW?

We need to find what EPC think regarding his status so we can update Tricia, to see if we are still able to discuss him re TW. His status is different in Co as we know for a fact he was in the area when TW was killed.
So I suggest we look back to the last MSM mention of him here in Co and if someone who is on Twitter or Facebook could message the Sheriff's office, we could find out where the invrstigation stands. Today is the 5 month anniversary of Tim's murder. LE should be considering an update IMO. What do you all think?

Just to update anyone who missed it, below is a snippet transcribed from ISP's press conference yesterday in Delphi, IN.

What I'm wondering about is the similarities between TW's murder and Delphi murders that was mentioned right away, but then IN LE requested CO LE not talk about their case any further. After yesterday's press conference by IN LE, wouldn't that indicate CO LE is now free to release any additional details in TW's murder that may assist in generating leads and tips?

I feel I'm not explaining my thoughts very well, but I'll try:
If it was a POI that was a potential common denominator in CO and IN, yesterday's statement by IN LE would indicate that common denominator is removed.
If it was something like a similar crime scene or weapon that is a potential common denominator, that would mean one of two things. Either it's highly coincidental - or - they'd be looking for another/different POI (Bridge Guy) who was in IN last Feb on the Monon High Bridge and also in CO in September on Mt Herman Rd/Limbaugh trail. With so many thousands of miles of trails in the US the odds of that seem extremely remote. Making it more likely any similarities between IN and CO are just coincidence. <- Struggling to explain that part, hope it makes sense. All JMO and MOO.

So at this juncture, yesterday's IN LE statement essentially created a disconnect between the two cases. Which leads to my questions: Does this mean IN LE's request for CO's silence is off the table? Will CO LE proceed and release info to the public that might help generate tips and hopefully leads for TW's case?

9:44
Male reporter: Daniel Nations has been called a person of interest. What does that mean to the Indiana State Police when you say someone is a person of interest?
Supt Carter: Well, I, I, I think the inverse to that statement is until there's somebody arrested we're interested in almost everybody. But we uh, we, we, as you all know, we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him. And he's not a person that we uh, care a whole lot about at this moment in time. And that's all I'll say about Daniel Nations.
http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/LIVE-STREAM-EVENT--473948353.html

Jacque Kirby with the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office admitted “many similarities” in the Watkins case and the Delphi murders and is not denying a possible connection. She said police in Indiana have requested no further information be released to the public.
http://www.wthitv.com/content/news/448607653.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member