CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another screenshot after clicking the "more info" link. It shows dates of 1/24 and 1/25/2018. Not sure how to interpret that. Would that be the date he left Clear Creek Co?

https://www.vinelink.com/#/searchResults/1
attachment.php

Definately a change since last week, when the second one stated "in custody". I think he may have been moved to Indiana. Moo

Daniel Nations, person of interest in Delphi murders, arrested in Johnson County

http://fox59.com/2018/02/04/daniel-...in-delphi-murders-arrested-in-johnson-county/

I have a feeling they only extradited him because of the publicity that was generated when he was named a POI in A & L’s murders. IMO they don’t want to just let an RSO walk away from registering while it’s in the public’s eyes. Imagine the message that would be sent to the victims of his SO’s, other RSO’s, and the people of Indiana. There’s no other way they could have dealt with it. IMO

I have a feeling they only extradited him because of the publicity that was generated when he was named a POI in A & L’s murders. IMO they don’t want to just let an RSO walk away from registering while it’s in the public’s eyes. Imagine the message that would be sent to the victims of his SO’s, other RSO’s, and the people of Indiana. There’s no other way they could have dealt with it. IMO

Co should have dealt with that as he FTR there. Would have avoided all the extradition expense and hoo ha.

Where does it leave "the similarities"?

Sounds like Co. dosen't think he is a suspect in the TW murder case.

Have they got someone else in mind now? They have been quiet not even asking for tips or offering a reward.

Don't know.
I would think if they had him in mind at this point he wouldn't have gotten a slap on the wrist for what he was charged for in Co.
Can't see them playing hot potato with him and sending him back and forth.

Co should have dealt with that as he FTR there. Would have avoided all the extradition expense and hoo ha.

Where does it leave "the similarities"?

“ The similarities “ probably didn’t mean much after they investigated further, if they thought otherwise DN wouldn’t have been given a plea deal, he would have been kept locked until his trial, while they were putting together a case.

In both cases he was barely named as a POI. IMO

Daniel Nations, person of interest in Delphi murders, arrested in Johnson County

http://fox59.com/2018/02/04/daniel-...in-delphi-murders-arrested-in-johnson-county/

Special thanks @Jax for providing this very interesting link:

Posted 10:51 AM, February 4, 2018, by FOX59 Web, Updated at 11:39AM, February 4, 2018

JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind. – Daniel Nations, a man considered a person of interest in the murders of two Delphi teens, is back in Indiana.

The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office sent officers to retrieve Nations from Colorado, where he was arrested and accused of threatening hikers on a trail with a hatchet.

Nations was wanted on a warrant out of Johnson County for failing to register as a sex offender. He’s since been booked into the county jail on that charge. Sheriff Doug Cox says he does not know when Nations’ first court date will be in connection with the latest charge.

As for the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German, police have not formally named Nations as a suspect in the crimes.
<snipped>

“ The similarities “ probably didn’t mean much after they investigated further, if they thought otherwise DN wouldn’t have been given a plea deal, he would have been kept locked until his trial, while they were putting together a case.

We have only been able to guess on them. Unless someone gets charged we will never know.

Special thanks @Jax for providing this very interesting link:

Posted 10:51 AM, February 4, 2018, by FOX59 Web, Updated at 11:39AM, February 4, 2018

JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind. – Daniel Nations, a man considered a person of interest in the murders of two Delphi teens, is back in Indiana.

The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office sent officers to retrieve Nations from Colorado, where he was arrested and accused of threatening hikers on a trail with a hatchet.

Nations was wanted on a warrant out of Johnson County for failing to register as a sex offender. He’s since been booked into the county jail on that charge. Sheriff Doug Cox says he does not know when Nations’ first court date will be in connection with the latest charge.

As for the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German, police have not formally named Nations as a suspect in the crimes.
<snipped>

When is Indy lift-off? :smile: valentines day?
Have you noticed there is an error in this article? 2nd para " where he was arrested and accused..." should be "where he was convicted ...." - they didn't update that bit.
That sloppy reporting.
:shakehead:

Don't know.
I would think if they had him in mind at this point he wouldn't have gotten a slap on the wrist for what he was charged for in Co.

I'm hopeful they have more evidence in Delphi as a POI (video, audio, DNA, witnesses) than in Co where he is not named a POI. It would make sense to go with the evidence. This latest mugshot where he appears less gaunt looks even more like BG and the sketch IMO.

Don't know.

It is confusing. If CO LE have no suspect I would think they would be posting everywhere in CO for tips. Poor TW, its like he rode a bike and got killed. And then, friends dont post a reward?
The state is very outdoorsy and mountain biking, climbing, camping, backpacking etc. are the state biggest activities. Seems like it would be a bigger deal for law enforcement.
If he was killed in an area "known for illegal activity" shouldnt the police spare no effort to roust all the activity out of that area?

We have only been able to guess on them. Unless someone gets charged we will never know.

Yes, we have to guess, but LE knows them. That is what leaves me with my conclusion.

When is Indy lift-off? :smile: valentines day?
Have you noticed there is an error in this article? 2nd para " where he was arrested and accused..." should be "where he was convicted ...." - they didn't update that bit.
That sloppy reporting.
:shakehead:

Yes I noticed that error as well and cringed when I read it.

Poor job of reporting on behalf of Indiana readers as I should think there are many who would be interested in knowing that DN had been convicted of the Hatchet Charge. moo

okay so this may sound convoluted somewhat, but I think DN knows he's in for a rough ride in Indiana,

maybe they are trying to get him to plead guilty for all three murders to avoid the DP in Indiana, then CO doesn't have to prove their case and the people of Indiana get to see justice with DN tried and convicted ,

if they can put enough pressure on DN they might get him.

because he's still my man , I think he's guilty, I think he ran, I think he "lost all reason", I believe he is a psycho killer.

MOO

I can't seem to face up to the facts
Im tense and nervous and i cant relax
I cant sleep cause my beds on fire
dont touch me Im a real live wire.

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est
Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-fa-far better
Run run run run run run run away.. .....

TALKING HEADS.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members