CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't it trespass and assault in a vehicle? Which got dropped in his plea deal. Can they recharge him because he hasn't been attending his weekly probation perhaps? It's a mystery why he's been brought back.
No you cannot charge someone for not attending probation if they’re in custody. It would be dismissed in court IMO. It’s impossoble for a person to attend a meeting when his freedom has been taken away.

Okay, let us see if we can cross-match the recent Teller County charge...

If I had to GUESS, I’d say he’s being charged with violation in Teller Co as well...hence the same case numbers.

I seem to remember CR5555 from EL Paso county. Is it the same case number as well?

Perhaps they have violated his probation in 2 counties?
This is a screenshot I took around November, 2017,(I think) when DN was still in Colorado. Looks like the old case numbers are the same as the new ones in Teller County. What's up with that???
U

Teller
7/11/18
9:00 AM 1H NATIONS, DANIEL Disposition Hearing D602017CR228 Teller County DIV 17-ROOM S380 (South Tower)

So ..D602017CR228 For TELLER

If I had to GUESS, I’d say he’s being charged with violation in Teller Co as well...hence the same case numbers.

I seem to remember CR5555 from EL Paso county. Is it the same case number as well?

U
No Teller has a different one

U
Yes,

U
Yes! Teller is D6 02017 - CR 228

I know Teller is different, but didn’t El Paso have a case number 5555? I seem to remember that. I thought I saved a screen shot of that but did not.
Yes, you are so right ...

How about this?
image-png.138318

Thank you for this! Okay now we can see the charge in Teller # D602017

So what the heck this case # in Teller was a preliminary hearing..now a disposition? For what? So what I think this was cut short because IN wanted him for his DNA had to go through the hoops to get it. CO was not finished with him.. and wow..maybe I am crazy but...

Last edited:
No you cannot charge someone for not attending probation if they’re in custody. It would be dismissed in court IMO. It’s impossoble for a person to attend a meeting when his freedom has been taken away.
Well, LE apparently extradited him back for this charge? (El Paso)

He got a plea bargain and they dropped a bunch of charges including FTR as a SO and assault and trespass. Now I think they will reconsider these charges. He did not tell them he was wanted for skipping probation in another state and for non compliance maybe, so now maybe that deal gets binned. His sentence that was suspended for probation was how long? He may have to serve it now. Chickens coming home to roost?

MOO

Last edited:
Wednesday, July 11th:
*Hearing (@ 9am MT) - for Teller County - CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – (re Child custody). Next hearing 7/23 re child custody & review hearing on 8/14 re child custody & divorce. According to KN’s FB post she is divorced as of 6/9/18. In custody in Colorado – El Paso County.
*Disposition Hearing (@ 9am MT) – for Teller County – CO – Criminal case (re convicted felon w/gun & hatchet in car.)
*Appearance on Arrest Warrant (@ 9am MT) – for El Paso County – CO – re Failure to Comply/Felony (re Felony menacing, 1st degree criminal trespassing & failure to register. Charged with felony menacing & reckless endangerment.
Clear Creek County, CO - Review hearing (2/21/18) for outstanding warrant is for missing a court hearing for failure to appear charge stems from a July 18 arrest alleging he provided false identification to Georgetown police, a misdemeanor. Bond is set at $500; as a condition of his probation (from his plea deal, he must submit to a mental health examination and substance abuse screening and comply with treatment plans required by the custody case. Case closed.
Teller County, CO - still involved with child custody & dissolution of marriage cases, hearing scheduled for 8/14/18
. Per KN FB post she was divorced 6/9/18. 5/2/18: Officials say Nations is now on active probation and has expressed interest in moving back to Colorado, where he was extradited from after allegedly using a hatchet to threatening hikers on a trail.
For Indiana:
5/2/18 Plead guilty to Warrant/Writ issued 9/29/17 (6/1/17) Johnson County: Failure to register as a sex offender. Level 6 Felony: It carries a penalty upon conviction of a fixed term between six (6) months and two and one half (2 1/2) years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000.00. Cash bail of $200 & surety of $1000. And 9-24-19-2/MA: Driving While Suspended requires a knowing violation and a prior conviction of Sec. 1, 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia; 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana. Warrant issued-$1,000 CASH only. Will not serve any additional jail time as a result. Officials say he was sentenced to time served for the marijuana charge, no jail time for the driving while suspended charge, and 702 days of probation for the failing to register charge. (DN is considered a NON compliant Sex Offender.) Compliance hearing on 10/29/18.

*Bartholomew County for:
*Bartholomew Superior Court: 7/14/15: Public Indecency- Fondle The Genitals Of The Def. Or Another Person In A Public Place; Warrant issued (6/5/17), bond set at $5000 or 10% cash. Pending (active). Now in custody in Bartholomew County, and then will be transfer to Marion County after this one. 5/21/18: DL got 90 days in Bartholomew Co jail with credit for 19 days served, and has a compliance hearing 7/20/18.

*Marion County: Warrant/Writ issued 5/25/17 (11/16/16): Drug possession, paraphernalia, and driving without a license. In custody in Marion County; Cash bail $200.
6/22/18 Update: Order Granting Motion to Enter Plea of Guilty Pursuant to Plea Agreement, Order Granting Motion to Dismiss. Judgment: 01. 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana • Plea Guilty; 02. 35-48-4-8.3(b)(1)/MC: Possession of Paraphernalia • Dismissed; 03. 9-24-18-1/MC: Knowingly or Intentionally Operating Motor Vehicle w/o Ever Receiving a License • Dismissed. Sentenced Judicial Officer: Hooper, David - 1. 35-48-4-11(a)(1)/MB: Possession of Marijuana, Confinement to Commence: 06/22/2018 - County Jail; Term: 180 Days; Jail Credit: 7 Days; Suspended: 166 Days. This case is closed.

7/6/18: DN has been released from Marion County jail; is now in Morgan County, Colorado, as of 7/8, and then transferred to El Paso County.

So what does the 'D' or 'C' before the year signify? Is that C for criminal court and D for district court perhaps? These appear to be 'D' cases.

Here's what I complied:

D602017CR228 - Teller - Disposition Hearing - July 11th
D602017C126 - Teller (restraining order)
D212017CR5737 - El Paso
D212017CR5555 - El Paso - Appearance on Arrest Warrant hearing - July 11th
C212017M6029 - El Paso
D602017JV33 - Teller (children)

For the CR228 Disposition hearing I have: Pled guilty (1/5/18) to 2 felonies - wielding a hatchet while threatening someone during incident on 8/13/17. Sentenced to 3 years supervised probation; 2 years suspended sentence should he violate any conditions. "What" the conditions were/are - no idea!

Shiressleuth said:
Niner - do yo still have the docket number from those charges?

Well, yesterday I looked on this thread, but I'm now thinking that I was posting DN's stuff on Abby & Libby's thread. So when I have time today - I shall go look on that thread. I believe I should look at "about June/July/August" period of 2017??? Is that right?
TIA!

edited to add - I'll add that stuff about the probation where he pled guilty under Teller County to my list description. Too late to correct the one I posted earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member