Comments Following ABC Action News Tattoo Story

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know there is a Federal Court building in Tampa. I am just throwing this idea out there but could RC have gone to Tampa for something other than just a tattoo. Does the FBI have something in Tampa that RC needed to do?

The people that I know who have tatoos including my kids go to the same person every time. They don't go here in town but out of town because that is where this certain tatoo artist is located. People usually stick with the same person if they like their work. Maybe that is the case with Ron.

I believe he said that someone gave him the money to go get a tatoo of Haleigh. Could have been his mom. To be honest I couldn't tell up from down in that picture in the paper.
Did he get it on his arm? I understand him wanting it. Two of my granddaughters have the daughter that I lost name tatooed on their bodies. If I wasn't so old I would do the same thing.

It doesn't sound like Ron was trying to make a secret of the tatoo. He didn't hide from the media but talked to them and explained why he got it. I hope people don't start ragging on him about the tatoo. The guy has enough to deal with with his daughter missing and all of the gossip flying around.
Someone called the Tatoo place and they said a regular customer couple that comes there paid for the tatoo.I also called them and they said the same thing. They paid for the tatoo in advance. What I want to know is who this couple is and were there motives sincere or was it intentional?

The Quote where did it come from who sented it and who
did they send it to does this suppose to mean anything
and does LE know about this ???

Finally, watched the video of the report about the tat. Interesting that the reporter says that people in A&E said he was talking about the money he was receiving but not much about Haleigh! You could tell he didn't want to be bothered by the reporter however, this reporter def wasn't ambushing him like GR did! I still can't get a good vibe from him or the other side for that matter! Poor Haleigh-like Caylee-innocents paying the price because of the adults around them!!:mad:

I saw that too.
The reporter states that in contrast to what Ron was telling them outside the tattoo parlor (that it is all about Haleigh) that some people inside the tattoo parlor who did not want to speak on camera nor be identified said that Ron was talking more about all the money he was receiving because of this situation and not much about his daughter at all.
When the reporter pressed Ron (questioned him further), I heard Ron say, "Man, get out of my face."
In one shot of the video, it shows Ron walking from a truck with a woman who looks a lot like Misty.
I wonder if she was with him.

Someone called the Tatoo place and they said a regular customer couple that comes there paid for the tatoo.I also called them and they said the same thing. They paid for the tatoo in advance. What I want to know is who this couple is and were there motives sincere or was it intentional?

I think the motives were sincere. Ron has other tattoos; tattoos, especially good work can get really expensive. It's a way for him to immortalize his daughter everywhere he goes as it's permanent. I wouldn't read too much into him getting a tattoo, lots of people do that.

It is bike week this week. Some of the bikers got together and had a benefit in Putnam county on their way to Daytona. Maybe Ron mentioned to one of them that he wanted to get a tattoo of Haleigh. The couple that paid for the tat is supposedly regular customers of this particular shop so I really just think they were trying to do something nice and show their support. JMO

I didn't see the interview until the 11PM news last night- he seemed drunk or high to me.

I am sure he is tranqed up, I know I would be. I dont take any medications at all and I know when my son was murdered they put me on tranqs. Since I dont take medications the tranqs really had an affect on me.
I find it odd that if Ron is supposed to be a regular user of drugs that prescription tranqs would effect him as much as they appear to. JMO

It is bike week this week. Some of the bikers got together and had a benefit in Putnam county on their way to Daytona. Maybe Ron mentioned to one of them that he wanted to get a tattoo of Haleigh. The couple that paid for the tat is supposedly regular customers of this particular shop so I really just think they were trying to do something nice and show their support. JMO

I hope your right:) It still seems kinda fishy to me but what do I know:)

Different strokes for different folks. RC lives a different lifestyle. If a tattoo of his children makes him feel better, good for him.

I am sure he is tranqed up, I know I would be. I dont take any medications at all and I know when my son was murdered they put me on tranqs. Since I dont take medications the tranqs really had an affect on me.
I find it odd that if Ron is supposed to be a regular user of drugs that prescription tranqs would effect him as much as they appear to. JMO

If he has a prescription, I wonder if he's taking them as prescribed.

We know of the drug arrests so it's pretty clear that he does not limit himself to legal drugs.

I don't think he was sedated in a medical or legal way. I think he was catching a buzz.

I have similar thoughts, but I don't think the writer really meant to mess with people. I think this person relates to Ron because they feel they've had similar experience-- and the clue(IMO) is in the case the person refers to: The case of Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis. (sp?) All of the specifics mentioned fit this particular case.

These two girls were abducted by a man who lived "right around the corner." Ward Weaver was known by everyone in the town. He was the friend of a friend. The girls were hidden in plain sight (Cabin for the trees?) And he did join in the search for the girls, (offering help, pretending to care)

These posts seem to be in support of Ron from someone who had personal experience with the Ward Weaver case.

Hi Indigo,

We had a case this week in the greater Portland area where a 13 yr old girl went missing after she started to walk home across a huge field. Her body was found dead shortly thereafter. A man in a bicycle had been seen in the area.

The local CBS news crew went out the next afternoon to do a story, happening to interview a guy in his 20's for local input. I saw them interview him on TV. Within a few hours we heard this guy was arrested by LE and charged with her murder.

It is just an example of a local, hanging close to the scene who, had even been involved in the early searches and turned out to be the perp. Who would have guessed it in a million years, but thanks to a sharp news crew he was nabbed right away.

I think it must happen quite often like this. I wonder if they think if they help to locate the victim they will not fall under suspicion?

xox

We know of the drug arrests so it's pretty clear that he does not limit himself to legal drugs.

I don't think he was sedated in a medical or legal way. I think he was catching a buzz.

Or it could be that the poor man is utterly and completely emotionally exhausted, and stressed out to the max! It is so tiring all of the accusations and assumptions. Everyone makes mistakes and as far as I can tell RC has done the best he an for his children. Until LE tells me that this man is guilty of anything other than loving his children it is my opinion.

Sorry but IMO I don't see a man that is high on drugs. I see a man suffering from severe lack of sleep and purely physically and emotionally spent. Sure he took his pastor along to get the tattoo while he got doped up.................:confused:

I really hope that he's not on something. If he's a recovering addict, then the stress from Haleigh being missing could send him into a relapse.

I haven't seen the video, I'm just going on what others are saying.

So is it confirmed that the $400 was specifically for a tattoo? I went to bed early last night and haven't heard anything about that. But some posts seem like that's what they're saying. What's the truth?

I don't have a problem with Ron getting a tattoo (I have 4 myself).
And I am not judging him, but I must admit that this (if true) REALLY bothers me.

The reporter states that in contrast to what Ron was telling them outside the tattoo parlor (that it is all about Haleigh) that some people inside the tattoo parlor who did not want to speak on camera nor be identified said that Ron was talking more about all the money he was receiving because of this situation and not much about his daughter at all.

As far as I know since Ron has had the kids he has not had any drug arrests and has been holding down a full time job. I know most companies now do random drug testing, part of their insurance requirements, so I would imagine that in 2 years time if Ron was still using drugs he would have been caught either by LE or by his job.

I am not saying he does not have a past, we all know he does, but I also know people with pasts that have turned their lives around. It does happen. JMO

As far as I know since Ron has had the kids he has not had any drug arrests and has been holding down a full time job. I know most companies now do random drug testing, part of their insurance requirements, so I would imagine that in 2 years time if Ron was still using drugs he would have been caught either by LE or by his job.

I am not saying he does not have a past, we all know he does, but I also know people with pasts that have turned their lives around. It does happen. JMO

That is an excellent point about drug testing. His job would require it if he runs any machinery or drives any trucks. I also want to say, that I'm not sure a drug dealer would have a full-time job if the dealings were so big. I know lots of people with jobs, deal drugs, but if it's as big as people are saying here, why work? Who knows, maybe his past is just that, his past. I really believe he loved his kids, the Tattoo, well, just not what I would have done, but I'm not missing my daughter. I don't do Tattoo's, LOL

:clap::clap:
I think there are several of us on this site that have a past that they're not to proud of. People DO change.:)

I think the motives were sincere. Ron has other tattoos; tattoos, especially good work can get really expensive. It's a way for him to immortalize his daughter everywhere he goes as it's permanent. I wouldn't read too much into him getting a tattoo, lots of people do that.

I agree. No dont get me wrong I for one dont have a problem with Ron getting a tatoo. I was just wondering if the people who paid was doing it for the right reason is all. It just seemed a little strange to me that the reporters knew where he was. If they were just following him like some say then why havent we seen them following others and reporting on them. Im not saying he wasnt followed I honestly dont know but it just seems to convenient to me. But who knows:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janemt
Back