Comments Following ABC Action News Tattoo Story

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As far as I know since Ron has had the kids he has not had any drug arrests and has been holding down a full time job. I know most companies now do random drug testing, part of their insurance requirements, so I would imagine that in 2 years time if Ron was still using drugs he would have been caught either by LE or by his job.

I am not saying he does not have a past, we all know he does, but I also know people with pasts that have turned their lives around. It does happen. JMO
If Ron was a crane operator he was tested more then just a normal worker would. They test randomly to make sure safety is met.

I don't have a problem with Ron getting a tattoo (I have 4 myself).
And I am not judging him, but I must admit that this (if true) REALLY bothers me.

Well personally its hearsay to me. If I dont hear from the horses mouth it doesnt count.

Personally, I think it is a beautiful tribute to his children (supposedly he had one of his son done too-probably the other leg). Coincidentally, A&E is where I had mine done on my ankle. It has a very good rep for a tat parlor in Pinellas county. I just thought it was interesting that he came quite a way from Satsuma for this tat-but, whoever it was who gave him this gift probably is a customer of one of the artists there. A&E is in Pinellas county-Tampa is a county over in Hillborough county. I don't know what to think of the families involved-I just pray for Haleigh's safe return.:praying:

Someone called the Tatoo place and they said a regular customer couple that comes there paid for the tatoo.I also called them and they said the same thing. They paid for the tatoo in advance. What I want to know is who this couple is and were there motives sincere or was it intentional?

Do we know who called the tatoo place ? If this story is true, it seems pretty significant to me. Did this couple call Ron and tell him that they had arranged for him to get a tatoo of Hayleigh and that all he needed to do was come down to Pinellas Park ? Is Ron's cell phone number public knowledge like the Anthony's were ?

Hi Indigo,

We had a case this week in the greater Portland area where a 13 yr old girl went missing after she started to walk home across a huge field. Her body was found dead shortly thereafter. A man in a bicycle had been seen in the area.

The local CBS news crew went out the next afternoon to do a story, happening to interview a guy in his 20's for local input. I saw them interview him on TV. Within a few hours we heard this guy was arrested by LE and charged with her murder.

It is just an example of a local, hanging close to the scene who, had even been involved in the early searches and turned out to be the perp. Who would have guessed it in a million years, but thanks to a sharp news crew he was nabbed right away.

I think it must happen quite often like this. I wonder if they think if they help to locate the victim they will not fall under suspicion?

xox

Hi, scandi. There are so many of these sad cases these days. It's hard for a heart to fit them all.

IIRC, John Douglas and other profilers have said that a perp will often insert himself into the case--first, as you brought out--to appear innocent. Second, to stay close to the flow of information coming from the case. This way he knows how close investigators are getting to the truth.

Sometimes, IMO, there's a third reason. I believe some of them actually enjoy the suffering they cause to others.

Blech. David Westerfield comes to mind. He was interviewed on TV when Danielle went missing. :furious:

Cabin for the trees is an old saying when looking for something that is right in front of your face but you miss seeing it because you are too busy looking at something else.

heart strings and heart is what RC says about Haleigh, she is his heart meaning he loves her that much.

Oh..... is that like "can't see the forest for the trees" kind of thing?

I think the person leaving the comments doesn't know anything. Even in his other comments (he left three, I think?), he also used quotation marks around random phrases.

As for Ron seeming high or drunk in the interview after the tattoo parlor, I've heard that folks often have some drinks before getting tattoed because it does hurt. And folks do use the same tattoo artist: DH researched his artist for his tattoo and drove two hours away for it. With a tattoo as complex as the one Ron got, I'm sure he didn't want to go to just *any* tattoo artist.

I say all this regardless of Ron's innocence or guilt in Haleigh's disappearance, which I'm not sure about.

Oh..... is that like "can't see the forest for the trees" kind of thing?

If we could find the person who uses the phrase "cabin for the trees," we'd have the writer! Google "cabin for the trees" and you come up with excactly three results--one is the original post and two are here at Websleuths where we're discussing that post.

Results 1 - 3 of 3 for "cabin for the trees".

www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80775&page=2

www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?

(DEFAULTLINKp=3405721http://www.abcactionnews.com/comments/default.aspx)

If we could find the person who uses the phrase "cabin for the trees," we'd have the writer! Google "cabin for the trees" and you come up with excactly three results--one is the original post and two are here at Websleuths where we're discussing that post.

Results 1 - 3 of 3 for "cabin for the trees".

www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80775&page=2

www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?

(DEFAULTLINKp=3405721http://www.abcactionnews.com/comments/default.aspx)

LOL, I can just imagine LE walking around the neighborhood - "Okay, fill in blank: 'can't see the BLANK for the trees'....GO!" :crazy: :biglaugh: hehe. :D

LOL, I can just imagine LE walking around the neighborhood - "Okay, fill in blank: 'can't see the BLANK for the trees'....GO!" :crazy: :biglaugh: hehe. :D

Ha ha! That's what Det. Indigo would be doing. Then I'd be calling all of the canvassers/door to door salespeople in the area, "Hey, ever run across a doorbell that sounds like a grandfather clock?" :crazy:

Ha ha! That's what Det. Indigo would be doing. Then I'd be calling all of the canvassers/door to door salespeople in the area, "Hey, ever run across a doorbell that sounds like a grandfather clock?" :crazy:

I think I would ask missionaries. I wonder if they have many in that area?

:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Thanks for the laugh.

Hi there,

New to WS and have been trying to play catch up here, so please bear with me :)

I've been following Haleigh's disappearance and the mysterious comments posted at the end of the tattoo article reminded me of something I read over in the forensic astrology section (I will try to find the post and link it) - someone had shared a feeling (psychic feeling, maybe it was?) that Haleigh was being held in secluded cabin not too far away from her home. When I read that "cabin for the trees" part I got goosebumps because I remembered this one post, which had stood out for me among all of the astrology language I don't really understand.

I also wonder if use of "kid" might be directed at Misty. Her age has been controversial and she is still a minor. She also has regular computer/internet access, I think, because I've read that she logs onto her MySpace account regularly, so maybe IF it was a message, it was directed at her?

If Ron was a crane operator he was tested more then just a normal worker would. They test randomly to make sure safety is met.

Do you have a link to Ron's company's drug testing policy or is this an assumption?

I have worked at a drug free workplace in the past- I operated equipment for the company and went almost six years without a drug test.

Do you have a link to Ron's company's drug testing policy or is this an assumption?

I have worked at a drug free workplace in the past- I operated equipment for the company and went almost six years without a drug test.

A crane is not just any company equipment you have to have certification. Not just company certification its a national certification.National certification is to develop effective performance standards for safe crane operation. A crane is heavy equipement. There guidelines in place nationally in all companies or work places that have cranes.Its OSHA safety requirments. Whether its a metal shop or a huge company its all the same.

Hi there,

New to WS and have been trying to play catch up here, so please bear with me :)

I've been following Haleigh's disappearance and the mysterious comments posted at the end of the tattoo article reminded me of something I read over in the forensic astrology section (I will try to find the post and link it) - someone had shared a feeling (psychic feeling, maybe it was?) that Haleigh was being held in secluded cabin not too far away from her home. When I read that "cabin for the trees" part I got goosebumps because I remembered this one post, which had stood out for me among all of the astrology language I don't really understand.

I also wonder if use of "kid" might be directed at Misty. Her age has been controversial and she is still a minor. She also has regular computer/internet access, I think, because I've read that she logs onto her MySpace account regularly, so maybe IF it was a message, it was directed at her?

You know what's weird? The comments reminded me of a webpage I stumbled across yesaterday while looking for KC pics. It analizes the handwriting of many different convicted and suspected murderers using samples. And something about that comment just left me with a feeling similar to the one I had while reading the letter written from death row inmate Ronnie Taylor.

http://www.michelledresbold.com/hwd-death_row.html

Either way, the posts are Creeptown City.

As far as I know since Ron has had the kids he has not had any drug arrests and has been holding down a full time job. I know most companies now do random drug testing, part of their insurance requirements, so I would imagine that in 2 years time if Ron was still using drugs he would have been caught either by LE or by his job.

I am not saying he does not have a past, we all know he does, but I also know people with pasts that have turned their lives around. It does happen. JMO

lakelandladi most excellent and thoughtful post! I agree with you and have said from the start that it is being used to villafy and almost outright accuse RC of having something to do with Haleigh's disappearance. In any case I continue to pray for her to come home safe every day!

I do have a feeling that someone who knew this family did however take this child!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru
Back