Comments Following ABC Action News Tattoo Story

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi, I am a newbie here - but have been lurking forever - :)
I am wondering if anyone noticed the comments left at both of these links (below) by the tat artist? The first link is video posted by the tat place as far as I can tell. I hope this isn't a duplicate post, I looked and didn't see that anyone else has posted it. If so, please forgive me!

Thank you!

Comment 1 week ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uND4ogbsKD4&feature=channel_page

Comment 6 days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMhfevtM9c&feature=related

The best advice I give my children is "Always tell the truth, whether you like it or not!"

I was not sure if I should post this here or in Ron's thread.
Did anyone else notice that Ron got two tattoo's? One of Haleigh and one of Jr. on this day? The one shown was of Haleigh, but little mention of the one for Jr.

Ronald did want to talk about the tatto to John, showing the tattoo obtained with $400 paid by someone else. He showed John the tattoo that says "daddy's little girl, always".
Ron told John "all I want to do is plead for the life of my daughter. Please if you have her, please bring her home". http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...o-Pinellas-to-get/LkXNZKVxEEaVCNKoYu8SYg.cspx

There is a video at the link also....the people inside the tattoo parlor said Ron was more interested in talking about the money he has recieved from this than Haleigh......sad sad sad.........

Link:http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/lo...NKoYu8SYg.cspx

March 4, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Haleigh's father sported a new tattoo honoring his daughter. Ronald Cummings got a $400 tattoo of Haleigh and her younger brother at a Pinellas County tattoo shop Tuesday.
SEE IT: Images Of Ronald's Haleigh Tattoo http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18852594/detail.html

I was not sure if I should post this here or in Ron's thread.
Did anyone else notice that Ron got two tattoo's? One of Haleigh and one of Jr. on this day? The one shown was of Haleigh, but little mention of the one for Jr.

Ronald did want to talk about the tatto to John, showing the tattoo obtained with $400 paid by someone else. He showed John the tattoo that says "daddy's little girl, always".
Ron told John "all I want to do is plead for the life of my daughter. Please if you have her, please bring her home". http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/l...o-Pinellas-to-get/LkXNZKVxEEaVCNKoYu8SYg.cspx

There is a video at the link also....the people inside the tattoo parlor said Ron was more interested in talking about the money he has recieved from this than Haleigh......sad sad sad.........

Link:http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/lo...NKoYu8SYg.cspx

March 4, 2009

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Haleigh's father sported a new tattoo honoring his daughter. Ronald Cummings got a $400 tattoo of Haleigh and her younger brother at a Pinellas County tattoo shop Tuesday.
SEE IT: Images Of Ronald's Haleigh Tattoo http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/18852594/detail.html

Wow, you know what? I never knew that Ronald got a tat of RJ on the day that he got the tat of Haleigh. Is this true.....did he get them both on the same day? It looked like to to me cause the tats were both covered by the saran wrap stuff. Also, now I understand why some posters are spelling the name HaLeigh, That is how Ronald had the tattoo on his back spelled, with the capitol L. I mean no disrespect when I spell it Haleigh.

i thought i was the only one who thought the whole tattoo thing was strange, not for nothing but the one of JR looks great , while the one of HC looks terrible, what is with the lines on the face?

i guess different strokes for different folks. NOT SOMETHING I WOULD HAVE DONE IF MY CHILD WERE ONLY MISSING LESS THAN 30 DAYS...IMHO

i thought i was the only one who thought the whole tattoo thing was strange, not for nothing but the one of JR looks great , while the one of HC looks terrible, what is with the lines on the face?

i guess different strokes for different folks. NOT SOMETHING I WOULD HAVE DONE IF MY CHILD WERE ONLY MISSING LESS THAN 30 DAYS...IMHO

Yes, different strokes for different folks for sure. I have a tat on my ankle of a butterfly, my one and only tat. I got it in memory of my Aunt after her sudden death. I was 19. I am now 37....tat still looks beautiful and I am glad I have it. Ronald's tat's look to be an artist's sketch to me. Tattooing is considered an art form and Ronald looks like an original sketch. A lot of people have said the tat of Haleigh is unbecoming but not when you look at it as a sketch. Maybe someone special to Ronald drew those pictures out of RJ and Haleigh, and they just didn't translate well when the tattoo artist copied them. Seriously anyone could have sketched those out and they really must mean the world to him.

We really can't know why he got the tats, or who the artist behind them is. All just my opinion.:)

I don't know anything about illegal drugs (I do like the ones I take legally!) and very little about tat parlors (except for one visit where I got a lovely wrist tatoo just this year), but I did some research and came up with two surprising facts: LE has known for some time that two of favorite places for drug transactions are convenience stores (for purchasing ingredients for meth) and tat parlors for drug dealing transactions.

I thought this was curious since both locations have raised their heads in this crime.

I'm not so sure I could get engaged and married while my child was missing either. But like you say, "different strokes".....

I'll add that I've sometimes wondered if the gift of the tatoo wasn't a gift set up by LE?

Really ? Why would they do, that ?

The place is wired, every room has video cameras. I don't know about audio. But it was interesting because the owner bragged he was going to post the video of the experience, but never did. I assume LE has the tapes.

But I guess I wonder if LE, knowing how much RC likes free gifts, didn't set this up so that they could catch Ron unguarded, freely talking, which he apparently did - about the money which had come in and nothing about Haleigh.

It was said that RC had to drive a bit out of the way to make this visit, so I wonder if he thought he would be free of LE's attention and might have loosened up even more if there were drugs thrown into the mix.

In fact, Ron points to these influences when he says to the camera crews outside that he can't do whatever he wants without a camera in his face and then says leave me alone.

The place is wired, every room has video cameras. I don't know about audio. But it was interesting because the owner bragged he was going to post the video of the experience, but never did. I assume LE has the tapes.

But I guess I wonder if LE, knowing how much RC likes free gifts, didn't set this up so that they could catch Ron unguarded, freely talking, which he apparently did - about the money which had come in and nothing about Haleigh.

It was said that RC had to drive a bit out of the way to make this visit, so I wonder if he thought he would be free of LE's attention and might have loosened up even more if there were drugs thrown into the mix.

In fact, Ron points to these influences when he says to the camera crews outside that he can't do whatever he wants without a camera in his face and then says leave me alone.

Hmmm ....

I can't answer anything about tattoos or why RC would get one at all, why he would travel so far to get one, why he chose the one he did, why someone else paid for it, or anything else, because I can not imagine ever wanting one for any reason. However, it seems to be some symbol of the love he has for his children, to mark his body with their likeness.

Different strokes and all that.

I don't think his going to a drug infested spot for a tattoo is of any moment, he lived in a drug infested area. Apples and apples.

Really ? Why would they do, that ?
-------------
Well the old saying: "Loose lips sinks ships" may be the reason that a tattoo was paid for Ron. Maybe it was thought that Ron would feel secure and comfortable enough to talk and LE could take any information they could and use it to find Haleigh.

I can't answer anything about tattoos or why RC would get one at all, why he would travel so far to get one, why he chose the one he did, why someone else paid for it, or anything else, because I can not imagine ever wanting one for any reason. However, it seems to be some symbol of the love he has for his children, to mark his body with their likeness.

Different strokes and all that.

I don't think his going to a drug infested spot for a tattoo is of any moment, he lived in a drug infested area. Apples and apples.
-----------
Maybe it was thought by someone that Ron would feel much more comfortable and secure away from his home and feel free to talk.........:rolleyes:

I'm not so sure I could get engaged and married while my child was missing either. But like you say, "different strokes".....
---------------
I agree weasel, it like "Damn, I think since I'm off work and Haleigh is gone, I'll just get myself married. Yeah, that's just what Haleigh would like............." Not!

I don't know anything about illegal drugs (I do like the ones I take legally!) and very little about tat parlors (except for one visit where I got a lovely wrist tatoo just this year), but I did some research and came up with two surprising facts: LE has known for some time that two of favorite places for drug transactions are convenience stores (for purchasing ingredients for meth) and tat parlors for drug dealing transactions.

I thought this was curious since both locations have raised their heads in this crime.
------------
Viki, thank you for your fresh comments! :crazy: You have a lot of insight to this situation and now I find that I look forward to your posts. You are like a fresh breath of air..................

Yes, different strokes for different folks for sure. I have a tat on my ankle of a butterfly, my one and only tat. I got it in memory of my Aunt after her sudden death. I was 19. I am now 37....tat still looks beautiful and I am glad I have it. Ronald's tat's look to be an artist's sketch to me. Tattooing is considered an art form and Ronald looks like an original sketch. A lot of people have said the tat of Haleigh is unbecoming but not when you look at it as a sketch. Maybe someone special to Ronald drew those pictures out of RJ and Haleigh, and they just didn't translate well when the tattoo artist copied them. Seriously anyone could have sketched those out and they really must mean the world to him.

We really can't know why he got the tats, or who the artist behind them is. All just my opinion.:)
----------
Thanks for the education elle, I'm totally clueless and tattooless, myself. Do you think that the tattoo is completed? I have seen a lot of posts saying that the tattoo seems to be uncomplete (is that a word?). I, myself always wanted a very small tattoo on the top part of my hip but was too wussy to get it, wonder if I should do this now to aggravate my 30 something daughters? :crazy:

Wow, you know what? I never knew that Ronald got a tat of RJ on the day that he got the tat of Haleigh. Is this true.....did he get them both on the same day? It looked like to to me cause the tats were both covered by the saran wrap stuff. Also, now I understand why some posters are spelling the name HaLeigh, That is how Ronald had the tattoo on his back spelled, with the capitol L. I mean no disrespect when I spell it Haleigh.
-------------
Elle, this is the first time I have read this. I must admit I read way toooooo fast and missed that the tattoo was spelled that way with the capital L. Thanks for the new info.

----------
Thanks for the education elle, I'm totally clueless and tattooless, myself. Do you think that the tattoo is completed? I have seen a lot of posts saying that the tattoo seems to be uncomplete (is that a word?). I, myself always wanted a very small tattoo on the top part of my hip but was too wussy to get it, wonder if I should do this now to aggravate my 30 something daughters? :crazy:

I think the tat was complete. Have you seen a picture of it? Others have said that it looks INcomplete....lol....not unlike uncomplete....lol, but I think it is fine. It really looked like a sketch that someone did to me. I believe that tatooing is art or an art-form but that is just my opinion.

O/T I say go for the tat.....but take your daughters with you. I always said I would get another but I am waiting til my 19 year old will get one with me! She would love to get one but her daddy won't let her!

I think the tat was complete. Have you seen a picture of it? Others have said that it looks INcomplete....lol....not unlike uncomplete....lol, but I think it is fine. It really looked like a sketch that someone did to me. I believe that tatooing is art or an art-form but that is just my opinion.

O/T I say go for the tat.....but take your daughters with you. I always said I would get another but I am waiting til my 19 year old will get one with me! She would love to get one but her daddy won't let her!
----------
Please forgive my wording of uncomplete, I do know better LOL. My oldest daughter has declared that she is getting a tattoo for her next birthday. I'll think about it................:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeDumb11
Back