Complaints to 20/20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if they have in fact been paid the big bucks....if Casey is convicted of any of her current (or hopefully future) charges, can the state turn around and sue for restitution etc. and put a lien on this $$$...I just started looking into the Son of Sam Law in Florida, but I wonder if anyone knows off hand....

I would think that because it's all in George and Cindy's name, there isn't a whole lot that the state could do as far as restitution from the monies gained by this tragedy. Just like OJ and his fake corporation in his childrens' names, same kind of thing here. The money can't be touched since Casey's name isn't on it. I'm working off of the assumption that Casey's name isn't on any of the monies paid for the pictures, stories, interviews, etc.

Here is the deal.

There are now reports that I am getting that this is true. I'll leave this thread up but if the reports are not true then I'll pull it.

Please express your understandable anger but within TOS. Let's not let this thread get out of hand.
If ABC did pay the Anthony's enough for them to bail out their daughter in exchange for interview rights, it must disclose this information at the start of the coverage.

Failing to do so would bring intense scrutiny on the network news division.

Tricia, I don't mean to be a knucklehead, but how will we know it's actually confirmed?

I'm all for waiting to see-no sense jumping the gun before we're certain.

Will you help us to know for sure when you're certain she (and/or the family) was: unpaid, paid (how much?) or maybe was just given tons of gifts and services?

I don't have an exact science to confirmation. Of course if ABC admitted it then we are good to go.

However, in situations like this it is being reported as "sources." However, it is on Steve Huff's blog and I trust Steve, he is wrong about the Ramsey case but I trust him ;0)

So, if anyone asked me I would complain just on the fact they are actually giving these two more air time to spread what I think are totally delusional stories.

This is a gray area. Let's not let this thread explode OK?

I sent my complaint. Does anyone know who their advertisers are so that I can voice my complaint to them also?

I would like some clarification as to who paid for what. Are people up in arms because 20/20 supposedly paid for the videos and pictures? Or are people up in arms because they believe that 20/20 paid Casey's bond?
With the information that is being provided, the conclusion that I have reached thus far is that 20/20 MAY HAVE paid for some pics and videos but that's it and the production company in Nashville paid for the bond in return for a book deal or movie deal. Are these the assumptions that people are basing their posts on?

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20

I am outraged that a media outlet as big as 20/20 actually paid the Anthony family a million dollars for their story.

I have included a direct link to their site to voice complaints.

Not only is 20/20 profitting off of Caylee's murder so are the Anthonys who have now stooped lower than Trailer Park Trash.

Complaints can also go to:
ABC.com, ABCNEWS, SOAPnet.com, Oscar.com

Internet Sales
ABC.com
77 West 66th Street, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10023
AdSalesInquiry@news.abctv.com

ABC OTV STATIONS

STATIONS
(WABC-TV, KABC-TV, WLS-TV, WPVI-TV, KGO-TV, KTRK-TV, WTVD-TV, KFSN-TV, WJRT-TV, WTVG-TV)
NTVS
(Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, St. Louis)

Disney.com, DisneyChannel.com, Family.com, Family Network, FamilyFun.com, iParenting.com, Radio Disney, Wondertime and Walt Disney Records

Brad Davis
VP of Advertising Sales & Marketing
Disney Online
5161 Lankershim Blvd.,
4th Floor
North Hollywood, CA 91601
brad.davis@dig.com

...And by the way....I will not be watching 20/20 or any ABC news channels and affiliates.

It is the biggest news story in America right now. I, for one, will be watching to see if anything new comes out and I'll bet most of the people on this website will also be glued to their sets.

If ABC did pay money and that payment affected the direction of a news story (ie, by being the mechanism by which Casey is able to post bail), and ABC fails to report that fact, emailing Kevin Martin would not be out of order.

I sent my complaint. Does anyone know who their advertisers are so that I can voice my complaint to them also?

If the ratings are good enough and they will be, thousands of complaints won't matter.

As bad as the family has been persecuted, there's nothing wrong with a little cash compensation. If 20/20 wants it and are willing to pay, why should the Anthony's turn it down ?

I would like some clarification as to who paid for what. Are people up in arms because 20/20 supposedly paid for the videos and pictures? Or are people up in arms because they believe that 20/20 paid Casey's bond?
With the information that is being provided, the conclusion that I have reached thus far is that 20/20 MAY HAVE paid for some pics and videos but that's it and the production company in Nashville paid for the bond in return for a book deal or movie deal. Are these the assumptions that people are basing their posts on?

SleuthMommy: I have e-mailed David Lohr who provided that statement on his site. Here's the deal. No one is claiming 20/20 or this Nashville production company posted bond for Casey. The Anthony's have. But what's CLEAR, is that they SOLD the rights to air and run the story regarding their grand daughter INSTEAD OF USING THAT MONEY TO SEARCH FOR HER. Shows like 20/20 and this production company are EXPOLOITING CAYLEE. I wouldn't be surprised if Cindy Anthony went to them to sell her story.

I think 20/20 should have been more responsible and instead of paying those parents a DIME, perhaps should have let Cindy have another 15 minutes of fame by donating that money to Equusearch to find Caylee.

What we have here are people making money off this child and exploiting her and NOT ONE PERSON, FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER OF THE ANTHONY'S LOOKING FOR HER?

This is EXPOLITATION IN THE WORST KIND OF WAY.

It is the biggest news story in America right now. I, for one, will be watching to see if anything new comes out and I'll bet most of the people on this website will also be glued to their sets.

I'd love to have a live webcam trained on all the posters here that swear they are boycotting 20/20 when this show airs.

Wow, so it appears that 20/20 sold out a little baby to get an interview......nice....

My letter to 20/20:

Is this true that you have offered the Anthony family money for an interview?

Why? So they can waste more of our time spewing more lies? You're supposedly willing to pay people who are very likely involved somehow in the disappearance of this poor child?

If this report is not true, I suggest you get your PR people out there and deny it, because your name will be MUD if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela