Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been just getting worse all morning. These parents and families...the holidays are going to be pure torture for them. I can't even fathom.

I agree that it's just been getting worse. When I first heard, I thought it was just the gunman killed. It's getting more and more devastating by the minute.

Reported on Fox News that the kindergarten class unaccounted for had 17 children in it.

Can we please not turn this thread into a "a gun debate". I'm sure other threads are more appropriate.

This has not been confirmed...but daughter just called and said there was a whole kindergarten class killed. I can't deal with this sick world.

LE found a 2nd body in shooters home. per CBS

I keep trying to find something to say but words just won't come ... only thoughts and prayers for all the children and their families, the staff and their loved ones. This is absolutely heart-breaking.

It sounds like this monster went into a classroom and killed the entire room full of innocents. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:

Danbury Hospital ER was set up to receive many more patients; they received three. The others didn't come. They
were dead at the scene.
Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
CBS News: Second body found in home of suspected Connecticut school shooting gunman
Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
RT @maryellenfillo: #newtown shooter murdered someone else before going to school according to new reports

I thought of that too....the families that will go home without their children...bet many/most already have presents for their children to open in 11 days.......................

How do we help these families??????????????????? OMG

We bathe them in prayer...cause that's all we can do.

Can any of our more tech-savvy users see who has been recently arrested there in Newton/Sandy Hook?

Mother says her son's 2nd grade class told to 'cover their eyes' as they evacuated Connecticut school - @CBSNews

The kindergarten class? OMG. :mad:
I cannot imagine the depth of grief and sorrow surrounding this horrific tragedy.

So 3 were taken to the hospital and 27 being reported dead...does the new report of 30 mean the 3 at the hospital didn't survive?

CNN just now reporting death toll closer to 30.

SHooter has a direct connect to the school. although at this time LE will not divulge what that connection is.

I am speechless. NO firm fatality number. sources....number closer than 30 mostly children.

As a local- as a teacher- as a mom ...this is hitting very close to home. ( literally 9 miles from where i am sitting.)

CT is hardcore- man. No one really sees how many urban issues we have- but I teach adults in a small college program in hartford. I could tell you stories that would break your heart, scare you, and make you sleep with one eye open. You would think our average small town- elementary students and teachers would be safe on a average Friday. But this is a wake up call. a big one.

They were just BABIES - getting ready for Christmas, sledding, cocoa, candy canes, presents.......

My god.

This is too much for me to comprehend. God help everyone affected, god help us all.

Reported on Fox News that the kindergarten class unaccounted for had 17 children in it.

By focusing on the little children, I KNOW we are not forgetting the adults, who I bet all of them did what they could to save children...God Bless the adults who are the fatalities. And God Bless their families............

But going back to the "unaccounted for" kindergarten class - how can anyone go in a kindergarten class, see those little innocent boys and girls, and start shooting repeatedly. I'm sure they pretty much started screaming at the shooter's presence and if not, after the first shot. Then to continue.........

:furious:

Who does this?!?!?!?!

:furious:

Can we please not turn this thread into a "a gun debate". I'm sure other threads are more appropriate.

I agree but I also think if a teacher or administrator would have had a gun, some children would still be alive. jmo

Christmas will never be the same for these families. Just think of all the unopened gifts, all of the excitement that was to take place around their Christmas tree on Christmas morning....instead there will me mourning and tears...not just this Christmas but for every Christmas to come for these families. :cry:

My heart is so very, very sad and I pray for all involved.

My daughter just got her Christmas photo's, to send out. I cannot even think of the unopended presents, Christmas tree. So heartbreaking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd