Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A parent was just interviewed and she said she was with other parents who were waiting to get their children. She said someone came out and told 20 parents that their child was dead. OMG

per CBS

Why aren't the entry doors locked?! This is just insane. It will never ever stop!

I can't recall where I read it now - one of the MSM articles, but someone local was asking how it could have happened if the doors were all locked. I'm guessing that the parent might be the answer to that question. I wonder if the parent really was the shooter - or maybe a victim as well??? (Like they used the parent to get into the school or something?)

Too many loose ends and conflicting reports -- all I can offer right now is MOO!

I hope, even against hope, that they were wrong about those injured/deceased, and that the numbers are grossly inflated, even though one would be one too many.

LT, J Paul Vance, CT State Police, confirms several fatalities, but no more info until proper notification.

shooter deceased inside the building.

Governor is meeting with families right now.

Lt. Paul Dance from State Police: After 9:30 this morning recd 911 call. Called state police, etc. Went into the school and searched the entire school. No information being released about the victims until proper notification. Investigating the shooter and that will take time with search warrants, etc. School is secured at the moment.

Presser: Lt. Paul Vance, CT State Police

"Just after 9:30" 911 call received.

Newton PD contacted state police.

LE entered school immediately on arrival to evacuate school.

No information released on fatalities pending notification of loved ones.

Shooter, however, is deceased.

LE activity "in and out of state."

The scene is secure.

Public is not in danger.

Will return for another briefing "as soon as we can."

Lt. Vance . . . 911 from school . . . State Police and other LE involved. Surrounded school entered and checked every crook & crevice of school and evacuate school. Staging area set up. Kids reunited with parents. Several deaths . . . includes chldren. Shooter is dead. Covering all the bases re: shooter. Many agencies work together to figure out what happened.

Spokesman for Governor . . . Pres.Obama offers condolences and resources needed. Gov will be @ school later today and set up regular briefings.

Just got home and heard about this. Absolutely horrific. Those poor children, I cannot stop crying looking at the picture.

Can we PLEASE GET RID OF GUNS NOW? How many more children have to be killed before we grow up and grow out of this absolutely infantile culture of violence and power worship we have in this country?! :banghead: oh my god these poor babies, I cannot even stand thinking about it.

Prayers to everyone involved. What an unthinkable tragedy this is.

We have such troubled individuals in our society and I don't have the slightest notion how to prevent events such as this.

presser, no questions are being answered. scene is secure, public not in danger

Well that presser was absolutely a waste of time. Why bother?

Info:
9.30 911 call
State police contacted
Troopers respond
Evacuate school
School search
Staging area set up
Children reunited with parents
Fatalities
Info on fatalities not being released
Shooter deceased
Investigating shooter
Try to find out what happened
Governor took call from President..wants to assist
Regular briefings will be set up
Not much info at this pressure...Scene is secure..Will come out for another briefing
Public is not in danger.

I did the same earlier. I went outside, looked up at the sky and asked WHY?

Looking at the photos of the children crying and holding hands just tore me apart. It's almost Christmas.... A joyous time for children.

Here I go again.....:tears:

I know. I'm working on a brief that has to be filed today, my college kids get in tonight, and all I want to do is go pick up lil one from school and hug on the couch. Praying for the victims. And God bless those teachers and school staff - what a thankless job they have and look how it ends.

Those poor babies! These poor families. I am so devastated ;( I can't imagine right now. I need to hug my baby tight. What kind of world do we live in where we can't send our babies to school?? They were probably making holiday crafts for their families. It's 11 days before Christmas!! This is so wrong I can't even process

shooter deceased inside the building

I don't know why this makes me angry. I understand they need to investigate, but it enrages me that he is in that building, dead or not, with all those children he killed.

Live updates:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting/

1:26 p.m.: President Obama has been briefed on shooting by FBI director Bob Mueller and spoken with Conn Gov. Dan Malloy.

1:17 p.m: One shooter is described as 24-years-old, armed with four weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest, sources tell ABC News.

1:09 p.m.: Twenty-seven people, or more, most of them children killed in shooting, sources tell ABC News.

12:57 p.m.: Fatality numbers continue to rise. More than 25 people, mostly young children, killed in Newtown, Conn. school shooting, sources tell ABC News.

12:47 p.m.: More than 20 people, most of them young children, killed in elementary school shooting, according to law enforcement sources.

12:36 p.m.: Law enforcement conducting car to car searches in area of school.

12:26 p.m.: More than a dozen persons, including children shot and killed at Newtown, Conn., elementary school, federal, and state law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

12:24 p.m.: Law enforcement agents with weapons drawn seen running into wooded area behind the school.

12:19 p.m.: Federal agents are at the scene of the school with guns still drawn as parents rush to pick up their children.

State police personnel led children from the school, following a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.

12:11 p.m: LIVE streaming video from chopper above Sandy Hook Elementary.

12:09 p.m.: Sources tell ABC News multiple persons shot

11:55 a.m.: Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton tells WABC three victims in hospital are in “very serious condition.”

11:52 a.m.: Danbury Hospital confirms three patients have been taken there for treatment.

A shooting involving two gunmen erupted at a Connecticut elementary school this morning, prompting the town of Newtown to lock down all of its schools and draw SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today.

State Police confirm that one shooter is dead. A second gunman is apparently at large, sources told ABC News.

The shooting occurred at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, about 12 miles east of Danbury.

State Police received the first 911 call at 9:41 a.m. and immediately began sending emergency units from the western part of the state. Initial 911 calls stated that multiple students were trapped in a classroom, possibly with a gunman, according to a Connecticut State Police source...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico