Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had a vote, I would say demolish the wing of the building where the shootings happened & use the remainder for some other municiple purpose or be sold. I hope school children do not return to that property, even after a complete renovation. As far as a memorial park or playground, I would rather that be built at another location.

I hear you human.

I do not even want to know the actual number of mass shootings in the last 20 years.

Thanks for the information HASTINGS

Still as far as we know, after the divorce, some 2-3 years later, the only family Lanza had contact with was his Mom...so really it seems the family was not working together very successfully to help Lanza.. for all their good intentions, their plan for a cooperative spirit of helping was not working at all...Lanza was shuttin gout his dad, brothers, relatives...and they must've just given up, not trying to fight it ...just my opinion from all of the reports..

Xavier thanks for your post, and thanks for sharing the news about that wonderful, thoughtful, generous act by your alma mater.

On another note, I'm hoping that you or someone else can point me to first hand/primary sourcing (essentially the shooter's dad or brother or family spokesperson) that elaborates on the relationship between the shooter or any family member not named Nancy Lanza?
I am aware of the many quotes both unattributed as well as those named in quotes from people whose relationship to the Lanza's in the months before the shooting is unknown.

I'd really appreciate it if someone can help. Thanks!

Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

School shootings in the United States:

49th Street Elementary School shooting Amish school shooting Appalachian School of Law shooting Bard College at Simon's Rock shooting Bethel Regional High School shooting Blackville-Hilda High School shooting Buell Elementary School shooting California State University, Fullerton massacre Campbell County High School shooting Case Western Reserve University shooting Central High School shooting Chardon High School shooting Cleveland Elementary School shooting Cleveland School massacre Columbine High School massacre Deer Creek Middle School shooting Deer Valley High School shooting Delaware State University shooting Dillard High School shooting Discovery Middle School shooting E.O. Green School shooting East Carter High School shooting Frontier Middle School shooting Heath High School shooting Henry Ford Community College shooting Henry Ford High School shooting Henry Foss High School shooting Herbert Henry Dow High School shooting Heritage High School shooting Hetzel Union Building shooting Hubbard Woods School shooting Kelly Elementary School shooting Martin Luther King, Jr. High School shooting Lake Worth Middle School shooting Larose-Cut Off Middle School shooting Lindhurst High School shooting Louisiana Technical College shooting Margaret Leary Elementary School shooting Martinsville West Middle School shooting John McDonogh High School shooting Mid-Atlantic Christian University shooting Millard South High School shooting Mitchell High School shooting Normal Community High School shooting Northern Illinois University shooting Ohio State University shooting Oikos University shooting Olean High School shooting Parker Middle School dance shooting Pearl High School shooting Platte Canyon High School hostage crisis Red Lake Senior High School massacre Red Lion Area Junior High School shootings Richland High School shooting Rocori High School shooting San Diego State University shooting Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting Santana High School shooting SuccessTech Academy shooting Taft Union High School shooting Thurston High School shooting University of Alabama in Huntsville shooting University of Central Arkansas shootings University of Iowa shooting University of Texas tower massacre Virginia Tech massacre Weston High School shooting Westside Middle School massacre Wickliffe Middle School shooting

I did'nt realize there were so many residents actually wanting the school to remain and resume as a school

Although opinions were mixed at the Sunday meeting, most agreed that the Sandy Hook children and teachers should stay together. They've been moved to a school building about seven miles away in a neighboring town that has been renamed Sandy Hook Elementary School.

"We have our best childhood memories at Sandy Hook Elementary School, and I don't believe that one psychopath — who I refuse to name — should get away with taking away any more than he did on Dec 14," he said.

Last week, residents around town expressed similar opinions about the school's future.

"I'm very torn," said Laurie Badick, of Newtown, whose children attended the school several years ago. "Sandy Hook school meant the world to us before this happened. ... I have my memories in my brain and in my heart, so the actual building, I think the victims need to decide what to do with that."

Susan Gibney, who lives in Sandy Hook, said she purposely doesn't drive by the school because it's too disturbing. She has three children in high school, but they didn't attend Sandy Hook Elementary School. She believes the building should be torn down.

"I wouldn't want to have to send my kids back to that school," said Gibney, 50. "I just don't see how the kids could get over what happened there."

http://www.ctpost.com/news/crime/ar...fate-of-Conn-school-where-26-died-4190373.php

Xavier thanks for your post, and thanks for sharing the news about that wonderful, thoughtful, generous act by your alma mater.

On another note, I'm hoping that you or someone else can point me to first hand/primary sourcing (essentially the shooter's dad or brother or family spokesperson) that elaborates on the relationship between the shooter or any family member not named Nancy Lanza?
I am aware of the many quotes both unattributed as well as those named in quotes from people whose relationship to the Lanza's in the months before the shooting is unknown.

I'd really appreciate it if someone can help. Thanks!

I'll see if I can find some interviews of th efamily..But it's been well documented, after the Lanzas divorced about years ago, Lanza basically shut out contact from everyone, except his Mother.

Here's some new stuff on Lanza, comments from neighbors and LE findings once inside the Lanza home... I also wondered if the school admins allowed Lanza to enter the school, but apparently LE said the admins did not give security access to Lanza...they didnt want him the school, so he shot out the windows

" A neighbor of Lanza’s who didn’t want to be identified said she often saw him drive by the neighborhood children at the bus stop. She said she never saw the police ever visit his home. “We let the kids run from house to house,” she said. “I feel horrible. Our kids walked by the bus stop everyday and he would drive by and he could have gone berserk.”

Outside the classroom were the bodies of school principal Dawn Hochsprung and a school psychologist. They were coming out of a meeting when Lanza forced his way into the school and began firing. “He wasn’t voluntarily let in,” said Vance. “He forced himself in.

Police watch over the blocked off section of Yogananda Street, near the Lanza family home in Newtown. (Jared Wickerham / Getty Images)

Fearing that the house Lanza shared with his 52-year-old mother Nancy might be booby-trapped, officers sent a robot in to check each room. Once the downstairs rooms were clear, the robot continued its mission on the second level—where police discovered the body of Lanza’s mother, who was reportedly shot in the face. Inside the home, said Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance, police also found “some good evidence in the house as to why [the shooting] occurred.”

The investigation also uncovered a video of Lanza shooting guns with his friends, according to Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the state of Connecticut’s chief medical examiner

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-of-adam-lanza-s-life-at-school-and-home.html

Here's some new stuff on Lanza, comments from neighbors and LE findings once inside the Lanza home... I also wondered if the school admins allowed Lanza to enter the school, but apparently LE said the admins did not give security access to Lanza...they didnt want him the school, so he shot out the windows

" A neighbor of Lanza’s who didn’t want to be identified said she often saw him drive by the neighborhood children at the bus stop. She said she never saw the police ever visit his home. “We let the kids run from house to house,” she said. “I feel horrible. Our kids walked by the bus stop everyday and he would drive by and he could have gone berserk.”

Outside the classroom were the bodies of school principal Dawn Hochsprung and a school psychologist. They were coming out of a meeting when Lanza forced his way into the school and began firing. “He wasn’t voluntarily let in,” said Vance. “He forced himself in.

Police watch over the blocked off section of Yogananda Street, near the Lanza family home in Newtown. (Jared Wickerham / Getty Images)

Fearing that the house Lanza shared with his 52-year-old mother Nancy might be booby-trapped, officers sent a robot in to check each room. Once the downstairs rooms were clear, the robot continued its mission on the second level—where police discovered the body of Lanza’s mother, who was reportedly shot in the face. Inside the home, said Connecticut State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance, police also found “some good evidence in the house as to why [the shooting] occurred.”

The investigation also uncovered a video of Lanza shooting guns with his friends, according to Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the state of Connecticut’s chief medical examiner

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-of-adam-lanza-s-life-at-school-and-home.html

The investigation also uncovered a video of Lanza shooting guns with his friends, according to Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the state of Connecticut’s chief medical examiner[/B]

I wonder what friends those would be?

That right there is intriguing.

MICHMI---I thought too What evidence did the Newtown police find?

Booklets, admissions info of schools for the disabled confirming she was planning to send him to a specials needs school/home?

Maybe Lanza wrote scary hatred stuff on the kitchen or NL's bedroom walls, ala Helter Skelter/Charles Manson?

Maybe Lanza wrote on the walls of the home, that his Mother loved the elementary children more than him?

Maybe NL took away/hid Lanza's video games or cancelled his internet service?

I sure would like to know what they found in the home

The investigation also uncovered a video of Lanza shooting guns with his friends, according to Dr. H. Wayne Carver, the state of Connecticut’s chief medical examiner[/B]

KATY--- As far as I've read, Lanza's barber was the only local to have made contact with him in 2012

Friends who knew Lanza years before talked about him when they saw him at school

Think about it though, I doubt no one will come out and get interviewed by the media about the fun times they had at the shooting range with Adam Lanza...LOL

I never saw that article as it is dated December 16, 2012. I wonder who those people are in the video. I never heard of that video.

The investigation also uncovered a video of Lanza shooting guns with his friends[/B]

Respectfully snipped by me...

Yeah the word friends was the big takeaway for me too.

Even if it's a video from four or more years ago, I'd still be curious to hear what these friends would have to say about their relationship with the shooter.

KATY--- As far as I've read, Lanza's barber was the only local to have made contact with him in 2012

Friends who knew Lanza years before talked about him when they saw him at school

Think about it though, I doubt no one will come out and get interviewed by the media about the fun times they had at the shooting range with Adam Lanza...LOL

I'd hypothesize that any good friends of Nancy or Peter (or the shooter for that matter) probably aren't yearning to talk with any media. In situations like this it's usually the fringe/sorta acquaintances but not anything more that tend to blab to the media; I don't read much into barber's comments here, unless he's discussing the shooter's struggle with dandruff...

If there actually was a video uncovered of Adam Lanza shooting guns with his friends (what friends by the way, imaginary ones?), and ME talked about that video, I fail to see why this wouldn't have appeared in US newspapers.
And how would ME talk about the video vs. the police, who would be the ones uncovering videos, not ME.

I read this article and it annoyed me no end .. NL is not here to defend herself anymore and is a victim here .. The picture used is not AL either and she repeatedly uses the word Toxic because she's still trying to flog that book of hers. Really, it's a little revolting the whole thing - she cares as much for accurate fact checking as Pat Brown.

THANK YOU. I totally agree. And she threw in lots of 'facts' that are in dispute, just to try and prove her offensive point, imo.

The friends that won't ever come forward. IMO

True cherie. If I were to even try to put myself in their shoes of once being friends with a monster; unless I had information that would be helpful to law enforcement, then one of the only people that would hear about that relationship would be a professional counselor who could help work through it. Why humanize a monster in the media when in the end all it does is give the monster more infamous fame and make that choice to emulate a monster's actions seem more desirable to other monsters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member