Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me this means he was on medication, how else do you look for the absence of something on a toxicology screen?

I think what they mean is that the test will either show positive or negative for a substance, in other words, it won't be quantified or given a numerical value.

Farine: My Noah Posts

Here is the link to the blog of Noah Pozner's grandmother. It's normally a blog about bread recipes but since December 14th she has been posting memories and photos of Noah. It's both heartbreaking and beautiful.

you forgot "powerful" ... what a lovely amazing woman, as well as her entire family. I am sitting here crying .. and hoping against hope my lights will flicker as I think of Noah

wild

December 14th was the day of the shooting. How can you know were someone is buried when their body is still in the custody of the medical examiner?

Thanks footwarrior and I.b. Nora.

Quick question: wouldn't it be listed on date of death regardless of when it was created?

And I.b. Nora that person you mentioned sounds bizarre; definitely has too much time on their hands. Right?

December 14th was the day of the shooting. How can you know were someone is buried when their body is still in the custody of the medical examiner?
As you noted, the actual listing was apparently started on December 14, the day of the shooting.

At the bottom of the listing, it says:

Maintained by: Find A Grave
Originally Created by: LdyBugღ
Record added: Dec 14, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 102165403

Once a listing is started, it can be added to as more information becomes known, but, only the person who started the listing can make the written additions. So, adding burial information obviously wouldn't be done until a burial was known and took place. Others can submit suggested changes or corrections. I think there are some people who make Findagrave their hobby and playground. If a relative of Nancy Lanza's wanted to take charge of the listing, I believe they would need to contact whoever started it and ask for the keys to the front door.

As you noted, the actual listing was apparently started on December 14, the day of the shooting.

At the bottom of the listing, it says:

Maintained by: Find A Grave
Originally Created by: LdyBugღ
Record added: Dec 14, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 102165403

Once a listing is started, it can be added to as more information becomes known, but, only the person who started the listing can make the written additions. So, adding burial information obviously wouldn't be done until a burial was known and took place. Others can submit suggested changes or corrections. I think there are some people who make Findagrave their hobby and playground. If a relative of Nancy Lanza's wanted to take charge of the listing, I believe they would need to contact whoever started it and ask for the keys to the front door.

You are correct, I gained control of a couple of my close relatives buy asking. But I have not gained control of a couple others I asked about, like my grandfather. It's a little weird to say the least.

"As for claims Lanza suffered from Asperger's syndrome, an autism-related disorder, Carver said that requires a "functional" test and in this case, the patient was deceased."
http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/M-E-Lanza-s-brain-appeared-normal-4183530.php

I'm a little out of the loop, but has anyone yet come forward with evidence of a diagnosis and when he was diagnosed?

I guess that depends on what one considers evidence. There have been multiple sources claiming he had Asperger's.

I guess that depends on what one considers evidence. There have been multiple sources claiming he had Asperger's.

I agree with this but if I am not mistaken they go back to NL as the source. jmo I want to see it from the Doctor.

Group: Biden Offers to Speak With Newtown Families

White House officials have said they are communicating with local groups and the families in Newtown.

"We remain in touch with families from Newtown and will present an opportunity for all of them to share their views before the president makes any decisions," White House spokesman Matt Lehrich said.

I agree with this but if I am not mistaken they go back to NL as the source. jmo I want to see it from the Doctor.

I think that legal documents in the form of the Lanza's 2009 divorce settlement are a solid source. Mediator Paula Levy worked closely with the Lanza's when going through divorce in order to reach an agreement on the terms of settlement.

According to the Huffington Post:
During their meetings, the couple mentioned that Adam Lanza had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, an autism-like disorder, Levy said. But the Lanzas were in complete agreement on how to address Adam's needs and said little about the details of his condition, Levy said.

"The only two things I remember them saying is that she really didn't like to leave him alone and I know they went out of their way to accommodate him," said Levy, who recalled Nancy and Peter Lanza as very respectful of each other and equally concerned about their son's needs.

"They worked together about it," Levy said. "The mom, Nancy, pretty much said she was going to take care of him (Adam) and be there as much as he needed her, even long-term."

While she would not disclose details of their discussions, Levy wanted to make clear that the Lanzas were loving parents who wanted the best for their son.

The key takeaways from the Lanza's divorce documents:
1. They informed an officer of the Court that their son was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.

2. They were in agreement about this fact: "the Lanzas were in complete agreement on how to address Adam's needs and said little about the details of his condition." Frankly if the parents didn't agree that their son had Asperger's syndrome or how they would approach treatment, this would be an issue in a divorce.

3. The mediator states the Lanza's were "equally concerned about their son's needs." And, "They worked together about it."

Therefore, in both divorce settlement documents and comments to an officer of the Court the Lanza's agreed that their son was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.

That being said, anyone who has known or loved someone diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome understands that there is ZERO correlation between the horrific actions of the Newtown shooter and individuals diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.

Athletes from across the sports world try to make Newtown children smile once again

Hamm, the retired soccer star, said nobody in the sports world is under an illusion that they can make all the pain and suffering go away. But athletes remember what it was like to be a young child and have a sports hero, she said. If they can show the kids that their heroes care about them, well, that might just be a little something.

"If you're a kid, you shouldn't have to be thinking about these things," Lalas said. "You should be having fun. You should be kicking me in the shins and trying to put the ball through my legs and making fun of my hair. Making them smile, that's what this is all about."

Dr. Marian Moca, a child psychiatrist at the UConn Health Center, said what the athletes are doing is important, and creates a sense of caring, support and safety the kids need at this time.

"They also play an important role as role models for these kids," he said, "and are teaching them empathy and altruism, which I think is important too."

UConn basketball coach Kevin Ollie said it's not just the kids who benefit.

"They are inspiring us in the way they are overcoming this," he said. "It's been a blessing and a privilege for me. It's a life lesson for us too."

I think that legal documents in the form of the Lanza's 2009 divorce settlement are a solid source. Mediator Paula Levy worked closely with the Lanza's when going through divorce in order to reach an agreement on the terms of settlement.

According to the Huffington Post:

The key takeaways from the Lanza's divorce documents:
1. They informed an officer of the Court that their son was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.

2. They were in agreement about this fact: "the Lanzas were in complete agreement on how to address Adam's needs and said little about the details of his condition." Frankly if the parents didn't agree that their son had Asperger's syndrome or how they would approach treatment, this would be an issue in a divorce.

3. The mediator states the Lanza's were "equally concerned about their son's needs." And, "They worked together about it."

Therefore, in both divorce settlement documents and comments to an officer of the Court the Lanza's agreed that their son was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.

That being said, anyone who has known or loved someone diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome understands that there is ZERO correlation between the horrific actions of the Newtown shooter and individuals diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome.

Thanks for the information HASTINGS

Still as far as we know, after the divorce, some 2-3 years later, the only family Lanza had contact with was his Mom...so really it seems the family was not working together very successfully to help Lanza.. for all their good intentions, their plan for a cooperative spirit of helping was not working at all...Lanza was shuttin gout his dad, brothers, relatives...and they must've just given up, not trying to fight it ...just my opinion from all of the reports..

I wanted to give some good news...Xavier University, Cinti, OH men's basketball team just raised over $12,500 from auctioning off the Sandy Hook uniforms they recently wore in a game...the money goes directly to the Sandy Hook school

One Xavier player's family came in for this weekend's game against Temple and donated $4000 for their son Brad Redford's Sandy Hook jersey...

FRANKENMUTH, MI — A Xavier jersey bearing the words "Sandy Hook" and worn by Brad Redford is returning to his hometown of Frankenmuth.

"" A group of 34 businesses and individuals raised about $4,000 to acquire Redford’s game jersey, worn in a Dec. 22 matchup against Wofford. The Xavier University basketball team wore special uniforms commemorating the victims of the Dec. 14 Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting in Connecticut, with an auction afterward to raise money to help the survivors. The words “Sandy Hook” were inscribed on the front of the jerseys.

A group from Frankenmuth will attend Redford’s game at 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12, in Cincinnati, when Xavier hosts Temple, to retrieve the jersey. Back in Frankenmuth, it will be housed at Frankenmuth High School in a case with a plaque honoring the victims.""

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2013/01/frankenmuths_brad_redfords_san.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95