Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THANKS SUGAR FOR THE POST- All I've heard is Lanza was not allowed in to the elementary school @ around 930am, the admins did'nt give him access, even though they knew he was NL's son

I never heard of Lanza attempting to go to the high school, though we knew he was a student there until his sophomore/junior year, then his parents divorced and his Mother home schooled him...shortly later Lanza enrolled @ W Conn State...

Re: bbm: Prior to today, I neither read nor heard any reference to AL's having gone to the high school early the morning of the elementary school massacre, and being deterred by the sight of a police car at the high school. . . .and so then driving to the elementary school. I wonder why a NY Daily News columnist would casually insert this remark by a local contractor into a story dated 30+ days after the shootings.

Has anyone read or heard anything more about this happening at the high school? If so, can you refer us to another link that reports on it? It seems to me that this type of news would have been considered quite important at the time, causing hundreds more people in Newtown to realize how close they had come to being in the gunman's sights.

TIA. I appreciate your help with this request.

I've been advocating placing retired LE officers in schools as long as it's within the economic means of those schools

This was just reported here in Cincinnati,OH that one county is thinking outside of the box and recruiting retired LE to be school security officers/substitute teachers...Good Stuff! I love it when people bring smart ideas to the table for everyone's benefit

HAMILTON, Ohio — Butler County school days may soon include armed substitute teachers watching over students.

Under a proposal announced today by Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones, retired police officers can be trained to work in schools as substitute teachers – teaching in any of the county’s 10 school districts or private schools.

Ohio schools and most nationwide are designated non-gun zones where firearms are not allowed.
But police officers – even retired – would be allowed to be armed working as substitute teachers. In Ohio, anyone with a college degree can be a sub with some instructional training.
Retired Mason police officer Scott Miller came up with the idea and joined Jones at the press conference.

The idea is the latest and most aggressive move by a Greater Cincinnati school and law enforcement officials in response to last month’s shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary that left 20 students and six school workers dead in Newtown, Conn.

It would be a first among the region’s schools and possibly in the nation.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...riff-Jones-Put-armed-retired-officers-schools

I saw on the news an Ohio school board is considering arming the regular staff as are the school districts in Noble county, Indiana, where my children attend.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/education/ohio-school-board-considers-arming-staff

http://www2.wane.com/dpp/news/education/armed-teachers-would-be-special-deputies

I really wonder how retired police officers can be teachers. Does that mean retired teachers could be police officers?

I don't think the public has a clue what a teacher's day is like. Interesting. We will see how that goes.

Newtown families find solace in gun laws passed since tragedy

Adams, a local contractor, was across the street in the Demitasse Café on the morning of the shootings. “At first we thought a principal was wounded and someone else was shot in the foot,” he says. “Then I left. I returned at 11:30 and learned that there were 20 dead kids. I was stunned. This is a morning I will never forget. Horrifying. But what we all know now is that the shooter went to the high school first. He was seen there. But there was a police car there. So he came to the elementary school. There was no cop car there. So he did what he did.”

Anyone have any further information on this?? I had not read this anywhere before.

Re: bbm: Prior to today, I neither read nor heard any reference to AL's having gone to the high school early the morning of the elementary school massacre, and being deterred by the sight of a police car at the high school. . . .and so then driving to the elementary school. I wonder why a NY Daily News columnist would casually insert this remark by a local contractor into a story dated 30+ days after the shootings.

Has anyone read or heard anything more about this happening at the high school? If so, can you refer us to another link that reports on it? It seems to me that this type of news would have been considered quite important at the time, causing hundreds more people in Newtown to realize how close they had come to being in the gunman's sights.

TIA. I appreciate your help with this request.

@pacific2011 - This was the first time I have read anything about AL being spotted at the high school before. I even tried searching for more information on this and found nothing. The link to the original article is included in my quote above. HTH

Newtown families, others, offer cautious support

"We can't legislate sanity. We can't do that,'' said George Hochsprung, husband of Sandy Hook Principal Dawn Hochsprung, who tried to stop Adam Lanza when he burst into the school on Dec. 13. Dawn Hochsprung was one of the six adults and 20 first-graders who were killed that day.

"I think we're struggling," Hochsprung said. "I think we have to revisit our culture. What are we doing for people who are mentally sick? How do we identify them? We're including everyone in the classroom now. We've opened the door to them, not closed the door. Should we close the door now?

"These are very hard questions, and anyone who stands up with very strong views on how to solve them, I would question their views.''

:furious:

THANKS FOR THE POST SUGAR -- It still hits me hard that many of the victims were unrecognizable by their parents, spouses and the CT police provided photos of the victims to calm, subdue their shock from viewing their horrific wounds...:

There was also an interview with one parent (I think Chase's mother) about how the first responders asked the parents what their children were wearing that morning. She later realized it was because so many were unidentifiable. :please: Noah Pozner's mother said in an interview that the coroner advised her to NOT look at Noah's body because of the number of times he had been shot (11 at close range - once in the lower face). Lauren Rousseau's family said she was shot in the face (I believe the quote was something along the lines of "she had her head blown off")... So far I think the only funeral I read about that had an open casket was little Jack Pinto's.

:furious::furious: AL shot to kill and his shots caused even more pain by making many of the victims unidentifiable. :furious::furious:

That is really disgusting that his mental state and issues cannot be disclosed.

I agree with you 100% human! These families (like the others who have come before them) deserve answers. It's so sad that the privacy of the DEAD mentally ill murderer is worth more than the 26 lives of those killed at Sandy Hook.

I think it is time for some of the privacy laws (specifically after the death of the individual being protected) to be re-examined.

However, I also think that the Connecticut Sheriff's Office is determined to release as little to the public as they can possibly get away with. I have said that from the beginning and I have yet to see or hear anything that changes my mind.

In the meantime, investigators have found it difficult to track down people who knew Lanza and could have insight into what provoked his murderous rampage, one law enforcement source said. The 20-year-old has been depicted as painfully shy and socially awkward by classmates and others who said they knew him.

Interesting that we know little about Adam Lanza. We know more about Seung-Hui Cho despite the fact he was isolated like Lanza.

There was also an interview with one parent (I think Chase's mother) about how the first responders asked the parents what their children were wearing that morning. She later realized it was because so many were unidentifiable. :please: Noah Pozner's mother said in an interview that the coroner advised her to NOT look at Noah's body because of the number of times he had been shot (11 at close range - once in the lower face). Lauren Rousseau's family said she was shot in the face (I believe the quote was something along the lines of "she had her head blown off")... So far I think the only funeral I read about that had an open casket was little Jack Pinto's.

:furious::furious: AL shot to kill and his shots caused even more pain by making many of the victims unidentifiable. :furious::furious:

Yes SUGAR, it burns me up too ...Lanza was a spoiled brat coward

“We have many people in our family who served in the military,” said Teresa Rousseau at the house that she shared with her daughter, Lauren.

“These are people . . . who survived missions in Iraq and Desert Storm unscathed, and my daughter walks in to teach a class at Sandy Hook and has her head blown off.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/survive-war-dies-teaching-article-1.1223210#ixzz2IMvplZo6

As a teacher, we engage with our students and grow to love them in our own socially acceptable way.

So now a student that we have grown to love has a weapon and we are expected to blow the kid away. Yup. That works.

I saw on the news an Ohio school board is considering arming the regular staff as are the school districts in Noble county, Indiana, where my children attend.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/education/ohio-school-board-considers-arming-staff

http://www2.wane.com/dpp/news/education/armed-teachers-would-be-special-deputies

Yeah, we've been hearing lately that Southwestern Ohio ( Ohio/Indiana) the LE offices are getting serious with the concept of retired LE officers becoming sub teachers and armed officers...

I really wonder how retired police officers can be teachers. Does that mean retired teachers could be police officers?

I don't think the public has a clue what a teacher's day is like. Interesting. We will see how that goes.

My daughter has her BA in Criminal Justice but she also has her teaching certificate.She started out wanting to be a Police Officer and took the tests to become a Officer but she also took the tests for being a Teacher.She told me it was just a few classes extra she had to take and she decided it was worth the extra time and money.Her first passion is a job in Law Enforcement but she thought about down the road when she starts a family,being a Teacher she would have the same schedule as her children and she loves to teach and help children. I was thrilled thinking it was safer for her:banghead:.With so many Law Enforcement being woman maybe many others did the same thing.She is like her mom lol A justice seeker, and a person who loves children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95