Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newtown Mom Dreams About Son, Urges Gun Law Reform

Pozner says she is not ready to go back to work yet. These days, she has a tattoo near her wrist with angel wings and her son's name, his birth date of Nov. 20, 2006, and the day he died, Dec. 14, 2012.

"He was just a very expressive little boy," Pozner says. "He was just a bundle of energy."

She thinks of her son's facial expressions, of him asking for a snack after school. Days before the massacre, he had come downstairs to see her shortly after being put to bed.

"I just wanted to give you one more hug," Noah said.

"Why is your pajama top off?" his mother asked.

"So I can feel your heart better," he replied.

Obama is on tv now, interrupted my Wendy Williams watching.

One thing I don't get - is why (and where did he get it) was he wearing the bulletproof vest? Many people may own guns and go to shooting ranges, but how many of those people own bulletproof vests??

Apparently he did not have a bullet proof vest

Nancy Lanza's Probate Records Filed

Ryan Lanza, Nancy Lanza's surviving son, petitioned the court to have Stamford attorney Samuel Starks appointed as temporary administrator to track assets and determine if Nancy Lanza had a will.

As part of the estate, Nancy's Lanza's death certificate was filed. It indicates she was pronounced dead on Dec. 14 as the result of multiple gunshot wounds. She was cremated Dec. 19 in Haverhill, Mass., the records indicate.

Newtown school superintendent rejects NRA proposal to arm teachers

Robinson, speaking on Capitol Hill during a House hearing on gun violence, said she felt remarks made in the wake of the shooting suggesting that Principal Dawn Hochsprung could have killed the shooter had she been armed were "insensitive." Robinson said, "She wasn’t at her desk and no good principal is."

Robinson flat-out rejected the NRA proposal to place armed guards in every classroom in America, noting that the weapon used in the Sandy Hook shooting was a semi-automatic. "They didn't have a chance," she said.

And she added that she doesn't envision elementary school teachers "packing" weapons while they sit on the carpet with small children—children who she said could be at risk around inexperienced gun owners.

Parents of Sandy Hook victim: ‘Don’t stop thinking about this’

Francine Wheeler, wearing a necklace filled with some of Ben’s ashes, said that her family had stayed away from news footage of the shooting and had not kept track of the legislative debate over gun control spurred by the tragedy. However, she said the time was right to have a discussion about common sense steps to prevent a similar atrocity from ever happening again.

“It’s really not about your party right now, I really feel like it’s about our children. So I would say that at this moment my gut’s telling me that we need to continue talking about the children,” she said.

Newtown school superintendent rejects NRA proposal to arm teachers

Robinson, speaking on Capitol Hill during a House hearing on gun violence, said she felt remarks made in the wake of the shooting suggesting that Principal Dawn Hochsprung could have killed the shooter had she been armed were "insensitive." Robinson said, "She wasn’t at her desk and no good principal is."

Robinson flat-out rejected the NRA proposal to place armed guards in every classroom in America, noting that the weapon used in the Sandy Hook shooting was a semi-automatic. "They didn't have a chance," she said.

And she added that she doesn't envision elementary school teachers "packing" weapons while they sit on the carpet with small children—children who she said could be at risk around inexperienced gun owners.

Thank goodness!!!!!

Can you imagine teachers carrying a gun on their belt at school....these kids have seen and heard enough about guns...up close and personal!!!! The children from Sandy Hook have learned that guns are deadly, even thinking that teachers should carry them is out of this world and crazy.

Pozner says she is not ready to go back to work yet. These days, she has a tattoo near her wrist with angel wings and her son's name, his birth date of Nov. 20, 2006, and the day he died, Dec. 14, 2012.

"He was just a very expressive little boy," Pozner says. "He was just a bundle of energy."

She thinks of her son's facial expressions, of him asking for a snack after school. Days before the massacre, he had come downstairs to see her shortly after being put to bed.

Good Post SUGAR- It amazes me what a great group of classmates the victims were to each other and their parents

Those kids loved school, their teachers, the entire educational event of being involved as students

It amazes me when I hear adults today who say they hated school...Just amazing

Apparently he did not have a bullet proof vest

Correct HUMAN-- Lanza had a typical cloth hunting type vest, pockets, but it had no more protection than a sweater or winter coat

how did the children end up sitting in his driveway?

CHERIE-- Either a school bus driver or a custodian sprinted away from the school with the kids to Rosen's driveway, they ducked behind a vehicle...and Mr Rosen spotted them from inside his home..and gave them protection

Thanks for the link. I found this sentence interesting:

"The family also is suggesting a new law requiring people to notify police within 24 hours if they know about an imminent threat of harm or death made by a person who has access to guns or explosive devices."

Was there a threat made in this situation?

:seeya:
CHERIE-- Either a school bus driver or a custodian sprinted away from the school with the kids to Rosen's driveway, they ducked behind a vehicle...and Mr Rosen spotted them from inside his home..and gave them protection

:seeya: A huge thanks Xavier.

Newtown families find solace in gun laws passed since tragedy

“Like Obama said, if it saves one kid’s life, it’s worth it.”

A kid like Chase Kowalski, a Cub Scout and athlete who drew a big crowd in Seaside Heights, N.J., last summer knocking down kewpie dolls with baseballs with the precision of Tom Seaver.

A kid who had to be waked in a closed coffin because the monster had so disfigured him with the bullets fired at close range.

Adams, a local contractor, was across the street in the Demitasse Café on the morning of the shootings. “At first we thought a principal was wounded and someone else was shot in the foot,” he says. “Then I left. I returned at 11:30 and learned that there were 20 dead kids. I was stunned. This is a morning I will never forget. Horrifying. But what we all know now is that the shooter went to the high school first. He was seen there. But there was a police car there. So he came to the elementary school. There was no cop car there. So he did what he did.”

Anyone have any further information on this?? I had not read this anywhere before.

Newtown Schools Chief Tells Washington Hearing About Fateful Day

"On a beautiful winter morning in December, buses dropped off their precious cargo: nearly 500 elementary children who filed in their school with the expectations of all little children — that good things would be happening," Robinson said.

Then she described gunman Adam Lanza's actions: how he shot through a glass door to gain entry, then killed Principal Dawn Hochsprung and made his way to a classroom.

"The shooter bypassed [the] first-grade classroom on the left and began shooting in the second first-grade classroom, killing the school's permanent substitute teacher, Lauren Rousseau, and all but one child who was clever enough to play dead and didn't even whimper.

"By this time, the teacher in the third room had crammed as many children as possible in the bathroom, was trying to find hiding places for the others when the [shooter] took aim on her and her students. Vicki Soto, who was so excited to finally reach her dream to be a teacher, threw herself in front of her students. Such incredible bravery from a young, first-grade teacher."

A kid like Chase Kowalski, a Cub Scout and athlete who drew a big crowd in Seaside Heights, N.J., last summer knocking down kewpie dolls with baseballs with the precision of Tom Seaver.

A kid who had to be waked in a closed coffin because the monster had so disfigured him with the bullets fired at close range.

Adams, a local contractor, was across the street in the Demitasse Café on the morning of the shootings. “At first we thought a principal was wounded and someone else was shot in the foot,” he says. “Then I left. I returned at 11:30 and learned that there were 20 dead kids. I was stunned. This is a morning I will never forget. Horrifying. But what we all know now is that the shooter went to the high school first. He was seen there. But there was a police car there. So he came to the elementary school. There was no cop car there. So he did what he did.”

Anyone have any further information on this?? I had not read this anywhere before.

bbm pink, I didn't know this, I am sure there is lots we have not heard.jmo

THANKS SUGAR FOR THE POST- All I've heard is Lanza was not allowed in to the elementary school @ around 930am, the admins did'nt give him access

I never heard of Lanza attempting to go to the high school, though we know he was a student there until his sophomore/junior year, then his parents divorced and hi s Mother home schooled him...shortly later Lanza enrolled @ W Conn State...

Thanks for the link. I found this sentence interesting:

"The family also is suggesting a new law requiring people to notify police within 24 hours if they know about an imminent threat of harm or death made by a person who has access to guns or explosive devices."

Was there a threat made in this situation?

There was no threat or before hand knowledge or suspicion that we know of.

A kid who had to be waked in a closed coffin because the monster had so disfigured him with the bullets fired at close range...

:furious:

THANKS FOR THE POST SUGAR -- It still hits me hard that many of the victims were unrecognizable by their parents, spouses and the CT police provided photos of the victims to calm, subdue their shock from viewing their horrific wounds...:

I've been advocating placing retired LE officers in schools as long as it's within the economic means of those schools

This was just reported here in Cincinnati,OH that one county is thinking outside of the box and recruiting retired LE to be school security officers/substitute teachers...Good Stuff! I love it when people bring smart ideas to the table for everyone's benefit

HAMILTON, Ohio — Butler County school days may soon include armed substitute teachers watching over students.

Under a proposal announced today by Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones, retired police officers can be trained to work in schools as substitute teachers – teaching in any of the county’s 10 school districts or private schools.

Ohio schools and most nationwide are designated non-gun zones where firearms are not allowed.
But police officers – even retired – would be allowed to be armed working as substitute teachers. In Ohio, anyone with a college degree can be a sub with some instructional training.
Retired Mason police officer Scott Miller came up with the idea and joined Jones at the press conference.

The idea is the latest and most aggressive move by a Greater Cincinnati school and law enforcement officials in response to last month’s shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary that left 20 students and six school workers dead in Newtown, Conn.

It would be a first among the region’s schools and possibly in the nation.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...riff-Jones-Put-armed-retired-officers-schools

I'm just not so sure that there are tons of retired LE officers who would volunteer to spend their retirement days guarding schools. Can the school districts pay enough to make it worth their while?

It would probably be healthier for some of them to take up golfing than spend their days idling in the school waiting for a school shooter that hopefully never comes.

DONJETA---Our discussions about the reality of retired LE officers working as school security officers has just been introduced here in my hometown of Cincinnati,OH...Playing golf during your retirement years can get boring...Real Fast...LOL

I've been advocating placing retired LE officers in schools as long as it's within the economic means of those schools

This was just reported here in Cincinnati,OH that one county is thinking outside of the box and recruiting retired LE to be school security officers/substitute teachers...Good Stuff!

HAMILTON, Ohio — Butler County school days may soon include armed substitute teachers watching over students.

Under a proposal announced today by Butler County Sheriff Richard Jones, retired police officers can be trained to work in schools as substitute teachers – teaching in any of the county’s 10 school districts or private schools.

Ohio schools and most nationwide are designated non-gun zones where firearms are not allowed.

But police officers – even retired – would be allowed to be armed working as substitute teachers. In Ohio, anyone with a college degree can be a sub with some instructional training.

RETIRED Mason police officer Scott Miller came up with the idea and joined Jones at the press conference.

The idea is the latest and most aggressive move by a Greater Cincinnati school and law enforcement officials in response to last month’s shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary that left 20 students and six school workers dead in Newtown, Conn.

It would be a first among the region’s schools and possibly in the nation.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...riff-Jones-Put-armed-retired-officers-schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member