Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newtown killer's family to get his personal property

MariAn Gail Brown
Updated 11:45 pm, Friday, January 18, 2013

628x471.jpg

The father and brother of mass killer Adam Lanza were given permission to remove the shooter's possessions Friday from the family's Newtown home.

The lawyer charged with finding Nancy Lanza's will and safeguarding her property is allowing her ex-husband, Peter Lanza, and remaining son, Ryan, to go into the house on Yogananda Street.

♦◊♦

"I intend to authorize Peter Lanza (Nancy Lanza's former husband) to remove the personal property of his late son, Adam Lanza, from the premises," said Samuel J. Starks, the temporary administrator of Nancy Lanza's estate, in a written statement to the Northern Fairfield County District Probate Court. The couple was divorced three years ago.

Starks said his permission was for the "limited purpose" of removing the killer's property as well as any personal items of Ryan Lanza's, Nancy Lanza's firstborn son.

♦◊♦

From the road, the home that the Lanzas once occupied as a family appeared meticulous, like any of the massive neighboring colonials. Outside on Friday evening, a front porch light blazed, and several lights were on upstairs. On closer inspection, though, the front door was boarded shut, as was one of the two garage doors.

A man answered the front door but declined to identify himself. He said he was there "doing security at the house" and didn't want to say anything or relay any messages to the family.

Read more at the Source: http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Newtown-killer-s-family-to-get-his-personal-4206979.php

Nancy Lanza's Surviving Son To Administer Estate - Courant.com

Nancy Lanza's Probate Records Filed

By DAVE ALTIMARI, daltimar@courant.com
The Hartford Courant
1:47 p.m. EST, January 14, 2013

BETHEL -—

Probate records have been filed for Nancy Lanza, the mother of Sandy Hook school shooter Adam Lanza.

The estate's value is not yet reflected in the records. No will is recorded.

Ryan Lanza, Nancy Lanza's surviving son, petitioned the court to have Stamford attorney Samuel Starks appointed as temporary administrator to track assets and determine if Nancy Lanza had a will.

As part of the estate, Nancy's Lanza's death certificate was filed. It indicates she was pronounced dead on Dec. 14 as the result of multiple gunshot wounds. She was cremated Dec. 19 in Haverhill, Mass., the records indicate...

Read more at the Source: http://www.courant.com/news/connect...lanza-probate-filing-20130114,0,4446915.story

Edelman helps Lanza father deal with media

Virgil Dickson, January 02, 2013

Edelman is reportedly helping Peter Lanza as he continues to deal with intense media interest after his son Adam shot his mother, 20 grammar school students, and six Sandy Hook Elementary teachers before committing suicide last month.

Specifically, Errol Cockfield, VP of crisis and issues in Edelman's New York office, is working on the case, according to The Washington Post. Before joining Edelman, Cockfield worked as communications director for former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer during his term in office. Most recently, he was chief of staff to New York Legislature Minority Leader John Sampson.

Read more: http://www.prweekus.com/edelman-staffer-serves-as-spokesperson-for-lanza-father/article/274558/

Came across this article a while back: (It's long ... )

-----
Could my child be the next Adam Lanza?

By Joan Garrett
The Chattanooga Times Free Press

updated 12/29/2012 9:48:58 PM ET

Read at the Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50321608

So looks like Adam Lanza , the shooter, was severely bullied in school....

Did any of you guys catch it?

One of the places i read about this ... was an article by the Rabbi, the same Newtown Rabbi, Shaul Praver, that was on CNN, AC 360 and I am pretty sure he was at the memorial as well...

He says (among other things) ... HERE:

Newtown Rabbi: Gun Control, Anti-Bullying Policies Are Vital

Thu, 12/27/2012

Rabbi Shaul Praver

"... Furthermore, let’s consider that almost all the school shooters in our time were either ignored or bullied. I personally know from a classmate and neighbor of Adam Lanza that he was brilliant, odd and severely bullied. We as leaders and educators have to watch out for humiliation. The Torah says that when we humiliate a person, it is like killing them. I believe this to be the underlying cause behind mass shootings. I know that many states have anti-bullying laws, and we should make sure we can sanction schools that refuse to intervene to a case of children tormenting classmates..."

-----------

Source ... and read more: http://www.thejewishweek.com/editor...-gun-control-anti-bullying-policies-are-vital

P.S. plus, elsewhere, I read something similar (re: him being badly bullied in school) as well ... BUT not going to post that link though, ... cuz I just came back from a "vacation" .. and don't feel like going on a "next one" :)

Here is pretty good article on "bullying by peers" that i found recently:

-----

Health News

Bullying by peers changes genes

Published: Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM

MONTREAL, Dec. 28 (UPI) -- Bullying by peers changes the structure around a gene involved in regulating mood, making victims more vulnerable to mental issues, Canadian researchers say.

"Many people think that our genes are immutable; but this study suggested environment, even the social environment, can affect their functioning," lead author Isabelle Ouellet-Morin of the University of Montreal, said in a statement. "This is particularly the case for victimization experiences in childhood, which change not only our stress response but also the functioning of genes involved in mood regulation."

Previous research by Ouellet-Morin found bullied children secreted less cortisol -- a stress hormone -- but had more problems with social interaction and aggressive behavior.

The current study indicated the reduction of cortisol, which occurs around the age of 12, was preceded two years earlier by a change in the structure surrounding the gene SERT, which regulates serotonin, a neurotransmitter involved in mood regulation and depression.

The study, published in the journal Psychological Medicine, involved 28 pairs of identical twins with a mean age of 10 who were analyzed separately according to their experiences of bullying by peers: one twin had been bullied at school while the other had not.

"Since they were identical twins living in the same conditions, changes in the chemical structure surrounding the gene cannot be explained by genetics or family environment," Ouellet-Morin said.

"Our results suggest that victimization experiences are the source of these changes."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2012/12/28/-Bullying-by-peers-changes-genes/UPI-64141356719780

Here is pretty good article on "bullying by peers" that i found recently:

-----

Health News

Bullying by peers changes genes

Published: Dec. 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM

MONTREAL, Dec. 28 (UPI) -- Bullying by peers changes the structure around a gene involved in regulating mood, making victims more vulnerable to mental issues, Canadian researchers say.

"Many people think that our genes are immutable; but this study suggested environment, even the social environment, can affect their functioning," lead author Isabelle Ouellet-Morin of the University of Montreal, said in a statement. "This is particularly the case for victimization experiences in childhood, which change not only our stress response but also the functioning of genes involved in mood regulation."

Previous research by Ouellet-Morin found bullied children secreted less cortisol -- a stress hormone -- but had more problems with social interaction and aggressive behavior.

The current study indicated the reduction of cortisol, which occurs around the age of 12, was preceded two years earlier by a change in the structure surrounding the gene SERT, which regulates serotonin, a neurotransmitter involved in mood regulation and depression.

The study, published in the journal Psychological Medicine, involved 28 pairs of identical twins with a mean age of 10 who were analyzed separately according to their experiences of bullying by peers: one twin had been bullied at school while the other had not.

"Since they were identical twins living in the same conditions, changes in the chemical structure surrounding the gene cannot be explained by genetics or family environment," Ouellet-Morin said.

"Our results suggest that victimization experiences are the source of these changes."

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2012/12/28/-Bullying-by-peers-changes-genes/UPI-64141356719780

This seems counter-intuitive. Cortisol is a stress hormone and is heightened in secretion under stress. So when children are bullied, they secrete LESS cortisol after age 12? Hmm, maybe there's a tolerance stress level built up?

Elevated cortisol levels are also linked to abdominal obesity. Does this mean bullied victims are thinner at the waist? That seems odd as I would think bullied victims feel powerless and would tend to eat or imbibe alcohol or do drugs more. IDK

Adam wasn't bullied, imo. The Rabbi says that so and so said that...blah, blah, blah.

Adam wasn't bullied, imo. The Rabbi says that so and so said that...blah, blah, blah.

I haven't seen any evidence that he was brilliant either.
I think some people were confusing "weird" with "brilliant."

well ya.. he said .. she said .. they said ... blah blah blah ... and you went to school with him and know any better???

- and to-date we know MUCH BETTER or MORE from the Main Stream Media, aren't we?

I bet if Main Stream Media .. - if saw the Rabbi's article .. would publish it's details in no time .. and possibly invite the Rabbi on CNN / AC 360 etc .. where he already appeared several times...

And then it would've been NOT "blah blah blah" .. cuz it appreared on AC, lol?

The Jewish Week ... is quite a Main Stream Media (to me anyhow) :)

Maybe i should email this article to CNN / AC, Erin etc (or HLN's Jane Valez) .. and possibly they'll mention about it on their show .. or even have Rabbi on again? :) (not a bad idea actually, lol .. I DID twitter with AC one time in the past about something after all) :D

-------

Besides ... there are totally different reports (from other / different sources) .. that also say AL was bullied in school, and they even feel very guilty now, cuz they were the ones doing the bullying as well ... but i won't post those links or those sources .. cuz might end up on another "Time Out" vacation..

And do you believe, btw, everything you read in MSM .. and MSM is never wrong?

-----

The dude blew away 27 people (mostly kids) .. plus himself... - so if he was bullied in school or not is not that important now anyhow .. if comparing it with a "larger picture" / with what he DID ... but we are simply looking for some answers... that's all.

... and i, simply, thought The Jewish Week should be good enough source (allowed to be mentioned), with an article from the Rabbi who appeared in Main Stream Media several times already.... and is well respected in MSM

Cuz, unfortunatlely, i am not reading or finding much answers or much more accurate info from "so called" Main Stream Media.. Sorry :rolleyes:

I haven't seen any evidence that he was brilliant either.
I think some people were confusing "weird" with "brilliant."
Well ... MSM reported many times that he was brilliant / genius .. etc etc ... "blah blah blah" :D

In any case .. i take anything that i read with a bit of grain of salt .. but if MSN said, then... LOL :twocents:

---------

and isn't it a FACT by now .. that he completed High School few years earlier .. and was attending university .. getting above average marks there as well .. until he quit it.

All the classmates and teachers also mentioned in the Media .. CNN etc .. that AL was VERY smart / genius etc...

And why not .. - some people are!

That doesn't make him any better anyhow... A murderer / a mass murderer is just that -- a murderer / a mass murderer .. be he genius, brilliant or not .. which is besides the point.

Bullying or being bullied, however SUCKS .. Period! .. regardless who is being bullied or doing the bullying :(

The cortisol thing is very strange. As a teacher, we learned about the impact of cortisol on children because of stress. We had to learn about mental health in order to renew our license. I imagine because there are no trained professionals in our schools do to lack of funds, the teacher was expected to take on the role of a trained mental health professional.

But that still is not enough. Now some people think we should be armed with guns too during our teaching day where we better meet those test scores or our school will go down the tubes.

Getting average grades in some college doesn't make one brilliant.
I am not sure why msm likes to call these type of suspects brilliant.
I've not seen anything to support that conclusion. Haven't seen one teacher saying he was brilliant. He had major issues with him behaving differently than the rest-that doesn't make him brilliant.

Well he was getting WAY ABOVE average grades in college ... and went there few years earlier than all other students (didn't he go to college right after completing high school few years earlier than all other classmates of his).

Besides .. MSM said he is genius .. so we should be allowed to repeat what MSM said .. or am i wrong? :)

He was not getting way above average grades. He dropped a class or more.
He wasn't mentally retarded, but he hasn't accomplished anything to make him brilliant. I've also haven't seen anything to indicate he was severely bullied. Mostly he is described as staying away from other students.

ya? .. and if someone does something wrong, something bad, or illegal even, say as robbing a bank ... do you expect them to publicly shout about it to the entire world?

You guys are blowing this out of proportion a bit ... (making an elephant out of a fly) ... bottom line is he SURELY wasn't stupid, and reportedly (many many times) VERY smart ... bottom line..

And Rabbi said what he said in The Jewish Week... and if you want i can try to arrange it so it's mentioned in other Media as well, lol (pretty sure Daily News, for example, would be very happy to "pick up" something like that :) ), even though i can't promise..

Of course it's your right to believe or not to believe anything you hear or read in the Media, including MSM ...

So .. Peace :)

BTW .. Apple's Steven Jobs, for example, attended college for 6 months only .. was bored there and dropped out..

but they DO call him brilliant in any case.. :D

Ya.. I know .. At least he accomplished something (which we can't say the sane for AL) .. but i am just saying :)

-------

P.S. I think Daily News = Daily Mail, actually :D .. sorry .. but not a big mistake in any case.. it's all the same pile)))

MANY brilliant people get poor marks in school. In some cases, the structure doesn't align to allow the individual to showcase their abilities. Executive functioning and working memory are better indicators of academic success in a typical classroom structure than IQ. This has been demonstrated time and time again.

Many brilliant people have been kicked out of school or dropped out. Edison was considered unteachable, his mom was forced to educate him at home because teachers gave up on him. Einstein couldn't mathematize his theories, and was dyslexic.

It would be a horrible disservice to our nation to assume that genius and good grades are somehow interwoven. They are not. Academics tend to favor kids who are high average to gifted, typically being a misfit for the profoundly gifted.

That said, AL never gave the world a chance to see if he had profound gifts. IMO profoundly gifted folks have advanced ability to think through and see things from a great many angles and are least likely to concern themselves with violence- and IMO more likely to bore of things like violent video games. They are most likely to be unphased by repeated failure, which is another commonality of intellectual outliers.

I think he probably had great subject specific strengths- but that shouldn't be confused with genius either. No, AL gave the world no indication he was brilliant. Quite the contrary, he demonstrated a vast inability to exercise brilliance and excel despite past failure.

I have also not seen anything indicating he was excessively bullied. I think people probably didn't engage, and he may have interpreted that into an inferiority complex- but he was not engaging either. How can people engage with someone who doesn't engage themselves?

I do agree with the Rabbi that we need to get control of bullying, though. I agree that inferiority complex seems to be a common trait amongst mass shooters. But that's about where my nodding ends.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_162-37241878/5-hardest-and-easiest-college-majors-by-gpas/
April 15, 2010, 10:10 AM

5 Lowest Grade Point Averages

Chemistry 2.78 GPA
Math 2.90 GPA
Economics 2.95 GPA
Psychology 2.98 GPA
Biology 3.02 GPA

5 Highest Grade Point Averages

Education 3.36 GPA
Language 3.34 GPA
English 3.33 GPA
Music 3.30 GPA
Religion 3.22 GPA

Dang I had forgotten what GPA my absolutely wonderful and may I add beautiful daughter had when she graduated in 2007 from UMBC, major Econ, 3.84. AL was not that dang smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches