Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rabbi was on CNN to start with because he himself called CNN from the firehouse where the parents of the dead children were being held before being told their kids were dead. He spoke live on air by telephone with Wolf Blitzer. Other people called the media as well early on and got themselves on the list of "go to" sources (for the first few days at least).

So, he did well at performing his job as did the other local clergy by responding to official requests to go to the firehouse to console people. Well, he really only had to console one family, so with time on his hands, why not call the media?

Within a day, Rabbi "Rabbi Rock" Praver was all over the TV and radio, both local and National.

He was even quoted about the 'nature' of victim Ben Wheeler, because the Wheeler family while not Jewish had attended a recent Hanukkah event.

"Pravr (sic) also spoke about a second victim, six-year-old Benjamin Wheeler, who he called “a very spirited boy.” He and his parents, David and Francine Wheeler, were not members of the synagogue, but they attended its Hanukkah celebration.

“There’s always some brave individual who goes up to the dance floor to get everybody involved. That was Ben Wheeler,” he said. “Just delightful people.”"

The above quote is from: http://www.timesofisrael.com/after-...newtown-rabbi-castigates-culture-of-violence/

The same Praver quote or similar can be found in other publications. So, from that we know that in Rabbi Praver's opinion, Ben was brave. Okay. I have no quarrel with that. But, when he (or anyone else for that matter), makes a casual comment that so and so said such and such about (in this case) The Lanzas, or Adam Lanza in particular, then I am going to take exception to it. Had he seen it personally then I would consider it differently. But, thats just me, and that's just my opinion.

Abby Normal Again

VERY good post!

p.s. too bad, however, i can't show another link of AL being bullied in school .. even though, of course (and to be expected) some will say again .. "he said so and so .. another one said so and so .. blah blah blah" :D

nora, lol

Rabbi was on CNN .. on AC .. together with Pastor actually .. side-by-side ... talking aboiut this and that .. many times..

So what ... what does any of this have to do with AL being bullied or not??

At least Rabbi can say something like: "I personally know from a classmate and neighbor of Adam Lanza that he was ... severely bullied."

The man of trust .. who many trust ... etc etc ....

So unless Rabbi's neighbor and AL's classmate is a total liar .. I ll, at the very least, consider what he had to say...

Can you say the same, though .. I mean, do you KNOW FOR A FACT that AL wasn't bullied in school?

Plus .. at a different source someone else said the same .. and felt very bad about it (about AL being bullied in school) .. cuz he was the one who was doing the bullying together with others...

Ya... I know, lol .. he said this and that .. and he said so and so .. blah blah blah :)

And i don't blame you .... after all it's good to take anything with a grain of salt ... I surely do .. on many occasions.

So what ... just cuz he knew them and AL, in particular, it doesn't mean that bullies are going to bully a person in front of RN's nose so to speak :)

So unless you were one of his classmates .. day in day out .. constantly among other classmates (your age etc... your peers) .. you wouldn't know if a person was bullied or not...

Bullies tend to do it behind people's back .... they know it's wrong .. but they still do it.. so do you think they are going to do it in front of adults, teacher(s) etc...
Occasionally they might .. but in most cases they will do it behind those people's back(s)

... p.s.
at the link that you provided .. it did say however that AL was "very bright" ... RN's words...

very bright / brilliant etc... shows that he wasn't stupid.. that's all .. the rest (on the subject matter) .. is simply word play / rearranging the letters ... - brilliant / genius / very smart .. - he wasn't stupid, bottom line..
that's how i see it and look at it .... and a mass murderer at that :(
one of worst ever... :(

Since he appears to have had such a problem with social skills it is possible that he perceived social situations as threatening even when not literally bullied in other people's estimation.

ya.. but the info about him being bullied didn't come from him ... it came from others.. his ex-classmates, mainly...

ya.. but the info about him being bullied didn't come from him ... it came from others.. his ex-classmates, mainly...

The school specifically said that they were watching him- but as a way of looking OUT for him, not AFTER him. I have no doubt there was some bullying or at least a probability for it to develop if staff decided he needed their eyes.

I think bullying is a logical deduction, but the end of it is that people were concerned, watching, and involved. That had to at least keep it within a manageable level one would assume, it wasn't just being allowed willy nilly so far as the circumstances suggest thus far.

Speaking about "A. Lanza vs. bullying"... :)

------
New York State Senator
Andrew J Lanza
(R) 24th Senate District

SENATOR LANZA & P.S. 5 KICKOFF BULLYING PREVENTION CAMPAIGN “ONE CAN COUNT”

Posted by Andrew J Lanza on Friday, January 25th, 2013

Inspiring Young Students to Stand Up, Be Leaders and Be Counted

Senator Andrew Lanza joined administrators, teachers and students at Public School 5 on Staten Island today to announce a new bullying prevention campaign, “One Can Count,” that will help young students put the concepts of respect and compassion into practice year-round to prevent bullying...

Read more: http://www.nysenate.gov/press-relea...ff-bullying-prevention-campaign-one-can-count

Israeli Grove To Be Planted To Memorialize Newtown Victims

01/02/13

More than 2,000 people have donated funds to plant a grove of more than 3,000 trees in Israel in memory of the victims of the Newtown shooting.

Hadassah has raised more than $61,000 toward the planting of trees honoring the 26 victims of the Dec. 14 massacre at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. The trees will be part of the Beersheva River Park, a 1,700-acre water, environmental and commercial area being constructed by the Jewish National Fund in Israel’s desert city.

The idea for the Newtown grove grew from a request made by Veronique Pozner, whose son, Noah, was the only Jewish victim of the shooting at the Connecticut school. Pozner said memorial contributions could be directed toward the planting of trees in Israel.

Read more: http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/israel-news/israeli-grove-be-planted-memorialize-newtown-victims

I am sure Lanza was bullied in school because EVERYONE is somewhat bullied in school. The question is, HOW bullied was he?

In any case ... if Rabbi was told by AL's classmate that AL was bullied ... I am PRETTY SURE that by now LE know about report(s) like that as well .. and more than likely interviewed that AL's classmate and any other person who might shed some light on this...

LE simply do not have to tell us anything .. or not yet... Looks like the "official" police report on Lanza will not be ready until June:

The official police report on Lanza will not be ready until June and information on his mental state is not known, but state Rep. Mitch Bolinsky, R-Newtown, said, “Mr. Lanza was not a secret. There were many people who knew of him as a threat” and still he was allowed to do the “unspeakable.”

Here is the latest from the same source:

----

More social workers, psychologists needed to keep schools safe, task force told

Published: Saturday, January 26, 2013

By Mary E. O’Leary

HARTFORD — The topic was school security, but the main solution for many of those testifying was the hiring of social workers and psychologists over police and physical enhancements to buildings.

Officials and the public came to the Legislative Office Building Friday to talk to lawmakers on the first meeting of the bipartisan task force appointed to suggest ways to help school security, prevent gun violence and open up mental health access in response to the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

Tom Brant, vice president of the Connecticut Association of School Psychologists, said the ratio of social workers to students is 1 to 400; it’s 1 to 250 for counselors.

Brant, who works in Newtown, said not only are these ratios too large, but a major problem is where do you refer children once you identify those with problems given lack of community services.

Mark Waxenberg, executive director of the Connecticut Education Association, said the Newtown shootings were a “tipping point” in galvanizing teachers.

He suggested forming School Safety Committees in each school with the legislature providing models that schools could review. He backed tougher gun laws, anti-bullying programs and funds to hire counselors, social workers and psychologists.

Read more at the Source: http://www.minutemannewscenter.com/...510471f3a1c0f325383171.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Newtown draws attention to woes of mentally ill young men

The 2007 Virginia Tech shooter was voluntarily evaluated but did not pursue treatment that was court-ordered. Attorneys for the man accused in the Aurora, Colo., shootings last July said he did see a psychiatrist before that tragedy.

Certainly, we do not want to force treatment. What we want is that institutions -- whether high schools, colleges, hospitals or courts -- be enabled to share information with each other and family members and, at times, act upon it. On the other hand, whether you are 18 or 20 or 50 or 60, you expect privacy. How can we balance this with the needs of the whole of society?

We do not know yet what support the family and shooter in Newtown did or did not have, but the outcome resulted in tragedy.

What I find tragic is that we will probably never know if AL was receiving any sort of treatment unless his family decides to speak out. The laws are in place to protect his privacy and while I understand everyone's desire for privacy how are we as a society expected to prevent these tragedies if we have no idea what steps had already been taken?

I can't imagine being a parent or loved one of the children or teachers who were killed and being told that AL's medical history is off-limits - that his right to privacy after death is worth more than the families of 20 first graders and 6 teachers right to have some sort of answers. While these answers may not provide the closure some of them seek it just makes me so mad to think that they cannot get any answers re: AL's mental health and any services he received.

Note - Here is the original article about the briefing the families received.

Pozner said that because of state law, investigators couldn't share information about whether the gunman was being treated by a mental health professional, whether he was taking any medications or what his school records may or may not show about his mental state.

"It would benefit society to know what his mental health, or lack thereof, was at the time of the crime and leading up to it," she said. "We should be able to conduct a psychological autopsy of this individual with the focus of preventing something like this from happening again."

I am sure Lanza was bullied in school because EVERYONE is somewhat bullied in school. The question is, HOW bullied was he?

What difference does it make? By the time of the shooting, he was out of school for years and years. I find it very hard to envision that as some motive. Especially considering he shot up an elementary school. It's been more than a decade that he went there.

Not excusing anything but having been bullied by the principal's lovely daughter when I was in first grade was traumatic...and I never got over it. Granted I didn't go out and kill anyone but I still choke when anyone talks about what a lovely person she is. IMO being bullied lasts a life time, it effects ones self esteem. It did mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState