Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely that particular picture is from a couple of years back as well?

More likely that particular picture is from a couple of years back as well?

It is from his sophmore year in high school. I wonder what he would of looked like more recently.

Revealed: The never-before-seen video of Sandy Hook killer Adam Lanza as a child as his mother warned close friend that her son hated physical contact

hmmmmm....

------

Adam Lanza, the young man who grow up to kill 27 people, including 20 school children and his own mother, is seen for the first time as a four-year-old boy in a family video.

In home video obtained exclusively by the Hartford Courant and PBS’ Frontline, a young Lanza is seen in 1996 at a police demonstration with the Scouts.

The young Lanza wanders through the woods as his mother, Nancy, tells him off camera to bark like a dog, imitating the dog barks around him.

------

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281181/Adam-Lanza-Sandy-Hook-shooter-seen-video-1999.html
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
You can watch that VIDEO here, i guess:

----

February 19, 2013, 3:35 pm

Will You Watch ‘Raising Adam Lanza’ on ‘Frontline’?

By KJ DELL'ANTONIA

--- TEXT & VIDEO ---

http://parenting.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/19/will-you-watch-raising-adam-lanza-on-frontline

“There Was A Weirdness” About Young Adam Lanza

Short article with a clip from the PBS special: In the above clip from tonight’s Raising Adam Lanza, Marvin LaFontaine describes his interactions with Adam with Courant reporters Alaine Griffin and Josh Kovner.

LaFontaine also shares a never-before-seen 1996 home video he filmed of Nancy and a young Adam at a Cub Scouts outing.

February 19, 2013 10:21 AM
<snip>

Lanza may have also been motivated by changes in his home life, particularly with respect to his mother, Miller said. "You had his mother -- who he had a very close relationship with throughout his life, but especially since the divorce because it was just them -- and she had just gotten a new boyfriend," he said. "This was the first serious relationship since the divorce. And he would even stay over sometimes. It's likely that that may have been looked on by Adam Lanza as a wedge, as a threat to his relationship with his mother."

More: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...ter-adam-lanza-blacked-out-game-room-bedroom/

Interesting that she may have had a new boyfriend. I think beyond the 'changes' dynamic we would all key in on here... it seems a bit weird to me that Adam would have no contact with his brother, mother, and uncle, but yet he has mom's boyfriend around AND staying over at the house. So, no one was allowed in the house but the BF slept over? :waitasec:

Where/who is the BF? Was NL leaving for long time periods, like days, to be with him?

February 19, 2013 10:21 AM

Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza blacked out game room, bedroom

---- TEXT & VIDEOS ----

(CBS News) A blacked-out gaming room helped Newtown, Conn., shooter Adam Lanza descend into his own world, CBS News senior correspondent John Miller, a former FBI assistant director, said on "CBS This Morning."

"He takes that game room and completely blacks it out so you -- once you close the door, the only reality in that room was him and that TV screen with his tactical shooting game," Miller said, citing law enforcement sources.

"The second thing that happened was also interesting is he blacked out his own bedroom so that when he went in there and closed the door, even without the shooting game, all you had there was total sensory deprivation," Miller said. "So he was closing out the world around him to live within the world of this tactical shooting game."

As talked about in VIDEO at the link:

Lanza may have also been motivated by changes in his home life, particularly with respect to his mother, Miller said. "You had his mother -- who he had a very close relationship with throughout his life, but especially since the divorce because it was just them -- and she had just gotten a new boyfriend," he said. "This was the first serious relationship since the divorce. And he would even stay over sometimes. It's likely that that may have been looked on by Adam Lanza as a wedge, as a threat to his relationship with his mother."

More: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...ter-adam-lanza-blacked-out-game-room-bedroom/

Adam Lanza is fearful of change. He hates change as he is a creature of habit.

Link please to exactly what you are referring to about a fabricated interview by the Newtown Bee. If by chance you are talking about an interview with the guy who claimed to be a relative or cousin of Adam, I wouldn't call that a fabrication. But, perhaps you are referring to something else.
Respectfully Snipped By Me

It is much more simple and much more disgusting than the fabrication you mentioned in your post.

The Newtown Bee published their first story on the shooting quoting a woman (the principal) who had been killed-- they fabricated the story!!! The author of the story has not been fired or reprimanded for publishing blatant lies and the editor who approved the story is still employed by the publication. That being said, why would anyone believe one word published by the Newtown Bee. Their explanation/correction of the story was less than forthcoming. As a former journalist, in my opinion that publication should not be trusted nor one word believed until they suspend or terminate the employment of a reporter who made up an interview with a deceased principal.

While the article has been scrubbed from the Internet (and even Google cache), I managed to get a screenshot to share with you:

ViSSX97.jpg

Imagine if the NY Times or Washington Post did such a thing; it would make the Jayson Blair and Stephen Glass incidents seem unimportant. And to those who might say "but they are just a small town newspaper", I'm sorry but ethics are universal and such fabrication to go unpunished is beyond wrong and does really make you wonder how such things go unpunished.

Imagine Ms. Hochsprung's family reading this story and given false hope that their Dawn was alive and survived the massacre; imagine having that false sense of hope because someone fabricated an interview with your already deceased daughter. It is sickening.

Nothing baffles me more than when someone will use the Newtown Bee as a source when discussing the tragedy because frankly the Newtown Bee isn't even reputable enough to use to pick up a dog's feces. They can be reputable again but it starts with penalizing the reporter who chose to lie and fabricate, the editor who enabled her to do so, and creating strict standards to operate a newsroom.

Asked where investigators are getting their information, Miller said, "You can get computer information without the hard drive. One of the places those live is on other servers. That would include his e-mail server, that would also include anybody that he talked to on that shooting game in the chat feature that it has where you talk to other players. And of course, the good old-fashioned way which is interviewing people around him. One of the things they're learning is that when he played that game, the only way to get a point, was not to shoot the opponent on the screen, it had to be a kill shot to get a point. Certainly as he went on -- when he stepped out of his fantasy into that terrible reality, that was the way he was shooting in the school."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...ter-adam-lanza-blacked-out-game-room-bedroom/

For full disclosure, Jon Miller was the first to name the shooter as Ryan Lanza (complete with 10+ photos of Ryan Lanza pulled from social media). Miller also was the first to convey that there is another crime scene in New Jersey with one or more killed there.

But, I believe the source ... when they said that news articles about Norway's killer were found in Lanza's bedroom ... as was mentioned in the article, posted in this post:

Darkman,

What about the countless media reports from their sources which provided a litany of information about things found in the home or things about the shooter which have since been debunked?

Why do you choose to believe the source now when almost all previous "reports" about the shooter or his family or their home have turned out to be bogus?

Even when law enforcement has given clear denials about these stories (meaning that such information will NOT be included in the final report or evidence list) why are people so convinced that law enforcement would not be honest when it seems that the only actual facts seems to be coming from law enforcement?

Was Adam Lanza an Anders Breivik copycat? Why experts are skeptical.

A CBS News report suggests that Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza was influenced by violent video games and Anders Breivik's Norwegian rampage. Experts cast doubts on both assertions.

By Husna Haq, Correspondent / February 19, 2013

Read more: http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...ers-Breivik-copycat-Why-experts-are-skeptical

Your article says:
Law-enforcement officials speaking with CBS News say evidence found in Mr. Lanza&#8217;s home &#8211; including a trove of violent video games and newspaper clippings about the 2011 Norway mass shooting &#8211; led them to deduce potential motives behind the Newtown, Conn.
The CBS article doesn't say anything about newspapers that I can find:

They've also recovered what they called a "trove" of video games from the basement of Lanza's home. Sources say Lanza spent countless hours there alone, in a private gaming room with the windows blacked out, honing his computer shooting skills.

At any rate, I'm skeptical about this, especially the second part:
Law enforcement sources say Adam Lanza was motivated by violent video games and a strong desire to kill more people than another infamous mass murderer.

I can't imagine they could easily deduce that unless there is much more.

Darkman,

What about the countless media reports from their sources which provided a litany of information about things found in the home or things about the shooter which have since been debunked?

Why do you choose to believe the source now when almost all previous "reports" about the shooter or his family or their home have turned out to be bogus?

Even when law enforcement has given clear denials about these stories (meaning that such information will NOT be included in the final report or evidence list) why are people so convinced that law enforcement would not be honest when it seems that the only actual facts seems to be coming from law enforcement?
It's not too big of a deal .. for me anyhow .. one way or another..

I read from their "source"... that in Lanza's bedroom they found news articles about Norwegian killer .. and i choose to believe it ...

If those are lies and didn't happen .. Oh well ..

All of this are side details anyhow.. - the shooter did his "thing" .. and now is dead.. we will never know with 100% certainty "WHY" .. - as i was saying before .. I think it was a combination of things...

He was not normal, he got fed up with everything and everyone, including his mother ... was obsessed with Video games .. and if he wanted to be like a Norwegian killer -- it wouldn't come as a surprise to me...
If the info is totally incorrect (re: Norwegian shooter) .. - Oh well .. The world won't change because of it .. it will remain the same, one way or another ...

You get me i hope, where i am coming from ....

Sorry for messy typing .. kinda in a hurry.

It is much more simple and much more disgusting than the fabrication you mentioned in your post.

The Newtown Bee published their first story on the shooting quoting a woman (the principal) who had been killed-- they fabricated the story!!! The author of the story has not been fired or reprimanded for publishing blatant lies and the editor who approved the story is still employed by the publication. That being said, why would anyone believe one word published by the Newtown Bee. Their explanation/correction of the story was less than forthcoming. As a former journalist, in my opinion that publication should not be trusted nor one word believed until they suspend or terminate the employment of a reporter who made up an interview with a deceased principal.

While the article has been scrubbed from the Internet (and even Google cache), I managed to get a screenshot to share with you:

IMAGE IS BLOWING THE MARGINS NOT NECESSARY TO REPEAT

Imagine if the NY Times or Washington Post did such a thing; it would make the Jayson Blair and Stephen Glass incidents seem unimportant. And to those who might say "but they are just a small town newspaper", I'm sorry but ethics are universal and such fabrication to go unpunished is beyond wrong and does really make you wonder how such things go unpunished.

Imagine Ms. Hochsprung's family reading this story and given false hope that their Dawn was alive and survived the massacre; imagine having that false sense of hope because someone fabricated an interview with your already deceased daughter. It is sickening.

Nothing baffles me more than when someone will use the Newtown Bee as a source when discussing the tragedy because frankly the Newtown Bee isn't even reputable enough to use to pick up a dog's feces. They can be reputable again but it starts with penalizing the reporter who chose to lie and fabricate, the editor who enabled her to do so, and creating strict standards to operate a newsroom.
Hard to decide where to start exactly.

The Newtown Bee issued a retraction and an apology specifically regarding that article. Did you not see it?

They also placed an edited version of the article online probably within hours of the first article since it mentions canceling 'kidergarten' in the district and no mid-day bus runs (for that day). Apparently you did not see that either.

I guess at the 'get the truth out icyboards website' where you got the screenshot they didn't discuss a retraction? Or, did you get it from the David Icke place, you know, the one where they 'expose the dreamworld we believe to be real'. The thread they have going there on "Actors at Sandy Hook".

I think the biggest offense by whoever is writing some of the Newtown Bee articles is the person either has a spelling problem, or they should get someone to proofread the articles before they go online.

The Newtown Bee makes no claim to be some big time news source. It is a small town newsletter, published once a week that reports on Community Events, Engagements and Weddings, Arts Food and Cultural Events, and HORSE NEWS!

To go "on and on" about such a minor thing is just pathetic and laughable to me.

ViSSX97.jpg

"Fabricated" is a grim charge.

You know for a fact that it was, it seems. And not misattributed.

True, the weekly Bee hasn't explained itself really.

True, the Bee isn't a lofty news source.

And yet the loftiest of news sources, on that first confusing day, regularly got facts wrong.

Many if not most of them attributed the massacre to the killer's brother.

Are they then no longer safe to use when picking up "dog feces"?

Hard to decide where to start exactly.

The Newtown Bee issued a retraction and an apology specifically regarding that article. Did you not see it?

They also placed an edited version of the article online probably within hours of the first article since it mentions canceling 'kidergarten' in the district and no mid-day bus runs (for that day). Apparently you did not see that either.

I guess at the 'get the truth out icyboards website' where you got the screenshot they didn't discuss a retraction? Or, did you get it from the David Icke place, you know, the one where they 'expose the dreamworld we believe to be real'. The thread they have going there on "Actors at Sandy Hook".

I think the biggest offense by whoever is writing some of the Newtown Bee articles is the person either has a spelling problem, or they should get someone to proofread the articles before they go online.

The Newtown Bee makes no claim to be some big time news source. It is a small town newsletter, published once a week that reports on Community Events, Engagements and Weddings, Arts Food and Cultural Events, and HORSE NEWS!

To go "on and on" about such a minor thing is just pathetic and laughable to me.

You obviously have never been a journalist.

The retraction was barely a retraction and there have been no consequences for a reporter who LIED and an editor who didn't fact check.

Funny you try to infer that someone who is defending the basic principles of journalism is some David Icke nut job. That is not only hurtful but very telling...

Good day to you sir

"Fabricated" is a grim charge.

You know for a fact that it was, it seems. And not misattributed.

True, the weekly Bee hasn't explained itself really.

True, the Bee isn't a lofty news source.

And yet the loftiest of news sources, on that first confusing day, regularly got facts wrong.

Many if not most of them attributed the massacre to the killer's brother.

Are they then no longer safe to use when picking up "dog feces"?

They lied, that is a fact. It is a fact that should outrage anyone who consumes news media.

The published article could have given the family hope ("look the paper spoke with Dawn, she's ok and must be leading the evacuation") relief if Dawn's loved one's read it (we don't know if they did).

No one is asking that publication to be the New York Times, we're simply asking them to be honest and not publish lies. I don't think that is too much to ask.

If that publication had suspended the reporter and editor or something significant, I wouldn't have a ethical issue with them. In any other newsroom this would have resulted in termination and the reporter would likely never again get a job in journalism. In this case, no one is asking for that but something more than a half hearted retraction is required.

It's not too big of a deal .. for me anyhow .. one way or another..

I read from their "source"... that in Lanza's bedroom they found news articles about Norwegian killer .. and i choose to believe it ...

If those are lies and didn't happen .. Oh well ..

All of this are side details anyhow.. - the shooter did his "thing" .. and now is dead.. we will never know with 100% certainty "WHY" .. - as i was saying before .. I think it was a combination of things...

He was not normal, he got fed up with everything and everyone, including his mother ... was obsessed with Video games .. and if he wanted to be like a Norwegian killer -- it wouldn't come as a surprise to me...
If the info is totally incorrect (re: Norwegian shooter) .. - Oh well .. The world won't change because of it .. it will remain the same, one way or another ...

You get me i hope, where i am coming from ....

Sorry for messy typing .. kinda in a hurry.

Thanks Darkman, I appreciate your thoughtful reply.

I trust that from your reply you u understand I wasn't asking those questions in a argumentative manner, but to gain perspective. As you're one of the most well read up on the current developments, I figured you would be a good person to ask.

When I read the posts of the very compassionate, knowledgeable websleuth members and, to a lesser extent, members on other sites, I see people who genuinely care about the victims and want closure. In many ways the great members here give us a bit of insight to the people impacted by this horrific massacre.

The heartfelt responses about unconfirmed news is really touching but also makes me think of the victims and their families because I imagine that, to a greater extent, the emotional rollercoaster from when these stories that might give them a reason of why are published to when those stories are debunked must be unimaginable.

I think responsible journalism is so prudent in today's world, especially when it impacts the lives of so many who have been impacted by this awful tragedy.

So thank you again Darkman. I really appreciate the insight your reply gave me.

i.b.nora is a Sir?

lol... i didn't know that ... somehow i always thought, for some reason, i.b.nora was a she :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member