Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New photos, details emerge of Newtown mass shooter Adam Lanza

Adam was diagnosed at a young age with sensory integration disorder, a medically controversial diagnosis that meant Adam had trouble coping with bright lights, loud noises, and knowing when he was in pain. Later, when he was in middle school, Adam was also diagnosed with Asperger's, a condition related to autism that can make social interaction challenging. (Medical experts cautioned that autism disorders are not associated with violent behavior.)
Thanks ... will check this one out later (after Bashara's case sentencing)

02-blueWall1-jpg_225811.jpg

from that link above......

They only reported to Daily Mail that the post about this appeared on 4Chan web site (where i personally checked it out ... and saw those posts / conversation between anonymous and someone else posted on Wed. 12/12/12 .. two days before the shooting basically ... among other Wed.'s posts on that site.
No one reports to Daily Mail. Daily Mail steals the majority of their U.S. stories from other sources. Its only been recently that Daily Mail began to include the names of their sources in their articles or have included a link to the original source article.

Infowars delights in fearmongering and conspiracy stories. The so called postings they show from 4Chan could have been easily manufactured. When the official investigation reports that those posts were made by Adam Lanza, then I will believe it.

4Chan seems to me to be mostly teenage mindset titilation and prattle.

That part of the article about NL pulling AL out of school when he was making progress also stood out for me. NL's described behavior is just very odd - you can tell she was trying to get help but at the same time it seems like she was going backwards.

I have a socially awkward son (not nearly as difficult as AL though) and I can relate to some of what she went through. I know at times it's easier to just let him stay in his room and play video games. I don't want to push him to do things against his will but I do tell him he HAS to join some sort of extracurricular activity. Once he becomes comfortable with people, he really opens up.

It seems like NL - who was told a stable environment was what AL needed - chose to stay in Newtown because of that but at the same time pulling him out of schools left and right must have been detrimental to that idea of stability. It also seems like she was getting a lot of support from the public school. I guess we will just never know for sure why she did what she did. :(

Right, I don't get it. What good does staying in Newtown do - if you are just in a basement constantly you could be anywhere. I don't understand why she'd pull him out of school when he was doing better either. I think someone like Adam is going to become more insistent on being isolated the longer he has been isolated.

Also... there's the contradiction of him playing so many violent video games but yet it wasn't a good idea for him to see his uncle the policeman? I hope he has more to say about all this. It makes me wonder if he wouldn't have liked the gun business with Adam?

Thanks FragileSugar, it's interesting to view photos of the killer besides that black and white "Children of the Corn" photo released after the media finally got the name correct and the authorities named the killer AL, not RL.

I'm interested to watch the PBS film tonight, simply to decipher how well those features were connected to the killer's family in a meaningful way recently. I have high hopes for PBS, but with this tragedy I wouldn't be surprised if it features drivel like the killer's bus driver in kindergarten, someone who picked on him in school but now claims they were good friends and maybe someone from the Newtown Bee a paper known for fabricating interviews with deceased people.

All I want is facts from actual investigators; this trend of mainstream media reporting rumors as fact (about this and many other stories) has to end.

Right, I don't get it. What good does staying in Newtown do - if you are just in a basement constantly you could be anywhere. I don't understand why she'd pull him out of school when he was doing better either. I think someone like Adam is going to become more insistent on being isolated the longer he has been isolated.

Also... there's the contradiction of him playing so many violent video games but yet it wasn't a good idea for him to see his uncle the policeman? I hope he has more to say about all this. It makes me wonder if he wouldn't have liked the gun business with Adam?

Just want to remind everyone that law enforcement denied the latest motive report with a clear denial; not one of those half hearted denials (the half hearted denials usually are indicative of a media report having some merit)

Thanks FragileSugar, it's interesting to view photos of the killer besides that black and white "Children of the Corn" photo released after the media finally got the name correct and the authorities named the killer AL, not RL.

I'm interested to watch the PBS film tonight, simply to decipher how well those features were connected to the killer's family in a meaningful way recently. I have high hopes for PBS, but with this tragedy I wouldn't be surprised if it features drivel like the killer's bus driver in kindergarten, someone who picked on him in school but now claims they were good friends and maybe someone from the Newtown Bee a paper known for fabricating interviews with deceased people.

All I want is facts from actual investigators; this trend of mainstream media reporting rumors as fact (about this and many other stories) has to end.
Link please to exactly what you are referring to about a fabricated interview by the Newtown Bee. If by chance you are talking about an interview with the guy who claimed to be a relative or cousin of Adam, I wouldn't call that a fabrication. But, perhaps you are referring to something else.

Also, it seems to me that in addition to the initial chaos of the situation, other contributing factors to the faulty initial reporting were that there were no local reporters contributing initially to the network reporting. Secondly, from the very beginning, law enforcement was extremely stingy with their release of any official information, much less any information leaks to reporters. To this day, law enforcement has released almost nothing of an official nature. Very tight lipped closed structure going on there in Connecticut.

Then of course, throw into that mix, nameless, faceless comments and rumors on places like Twitter, Facebook, and forums such as this or other less moderated more extreme forums, and it becomes quite a mess.

Some people even went so far as to claim that the car towed from the school did not belong to Adam Lanza or his mother. Hmmmm.

It is exactly that kind of environment that becomes ripe for the conspiracy theorists (which seems to be almost a cottage industry these days), and ripe for bad legitimate reporting. Something weird is going on with law enforcement groups in America these days, and I don't think it is healthy for anyone. And, we all know that journalism is undergoing its own turbulence. Hopefully it will right itself soon.

Just want to remind everyone that law enforcement denied the latest motive report with a clear denial; not one of those half hearted denials (the half hearted denials usually are indicative of a media report having some merit)

Thanks for that. My sense is that they are looking into any and all of what might constitute motive and the recent stories are pretty darn flimsy/sensationalistic.... where did the info even come from with LE so tight lipped and no one knew Adam? :waitasec:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/19/newtown-gunman-may-have-been-motivated-by-norways-mass-killer/

Newtown gunman may have been motivated by Norway’s mass killer
Published February 19, 2013
FoxNews.com

Law enforcement sources say the Newtown, Conn., gunman who killed more than two dozen people in December and sparked a nationwide gun debate was motivated in part by a desire to kill more people than Anders Breivik, who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011, CBS News reported.
The network reported that Adam Lanza selected Sandy Hook Elementary School due to two factors: it was an easy target with the 'largest cluster of people.'

Sources Claim Adam Lanza Was Inspired by Norway Massacre
By Margaret Hartmann
NewYork Magazine
Tuesday February 19, 2013

"... CBS News's sources claim that there's evidence Lanza was acting out fantasies from the games, and each death increased his "score."

Connecticut police quickly denied the CBS News report, and pointed out that it doesn't name a single source. "The whole story is inaccurate," State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance said. "The motive has not been determined. This is all coming from unnamed sources. It's all speculation. It's hideous.""

"In every lie there a little part of truth? ... lol ..

Isn't there a saying like that ...

Seems like LE wants us to know as little as possible .. - as if it's going to make something better .. or improve the situation in some way.

Click on View Gallery button there .. or on photo itself to view it in it's full size .. for exampe: (under Spoiler below)

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...ewtown-mass-shooter-adam-lanza-124951161.html

Police: 'Mere speculation' that Adam Lanza was motivated by obsession with other mass killers

By Pete Williams, NBC News

Reports that Sandy Hook school shooter Adam Lanza aspired to one-up Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik are “mere speculation” given the ongoing nature of the investigation, said Connecticut State Police spokesman Lt. Paul Vance.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

On Monday night, CBS News attributed to “law enforcement sources” a theory that Lanza saw himself as being in competition with Anders Behring Breivik, the man who killed 77 people in Norway two years ago, many of them teenagers at a summer camp. The story said Lanza wanted to kill even more people and went to the school because it was an easy target.

But Vance said investigators “are a long way” from determining what motivated Lanza. “Determining a motive is a huge undertaking,” he said, “especially given that Lanza is dead.”

The FBI lab is trying to extract data from Lanza’s damaged hard drive, which could shed light on possible motives, but so far that effort has produced nothing of value, an official told NBC News.

The Hartford Courant, which partnered with PBS FRONTLINE on an in-depth investigation into the lives of Adam and Nancy Lanza, published an article on Monday citing unnamed law enforcement sources who also described Lanza’s possible interest in Brevik as little more than a theory at this point.

Read more: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...otivated-by-obsession-with-other-mass-killers

... they got info from Hard drive .. they didn't get info from Hard drive .. go figure :rolleyes:

The shooter is dead .. So, more likely, we'll NEVER know true reason(s) behind this mass shooting...

Wanting to do something as gruesome (or worse) as the Norway's mass shooter did .. could only be a part of reason(s) why ... Who knows what was in his head ... Adam was ticked off at the whole world more likely ... and psychological problems are very visible in him ..

But, I believe the source ... when they said that news articles about Norway's killer were found in Lanza's bedroom ... as was mentioned in the article, posted in this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

Revealed: The never-before-seen video of Sandy Hook killer Adam Lanza as a child as his mother warned close friend that her son hated physical contact

hmmmmm....

------

Adam Lanza, the young man who grow up to kill 27 people, including 20 school children and his own mother, is seen for the first time as a four-year-old boy in a family video.

In home video obtained exclusively by the Hartford Courant and PBS’ Frontline, a young Lanza is seen in 1996 at a police demonstration with the Scouts.

The young Lanza wanders through the woods as his mother, Nancy, tells him off camera to bark like a dog, imitating the dog barks around him.

------

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2281181/Adam-Lanza-Sandy-Hook-shooter-seen-video-1999.html
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

February 19, 2013 10:21 AM

Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza blacked out game room, bedroom

---- TEXT & VIDEOS ----

(CBS News) A blacked-out gaming room helped Newtown, Conn., shooter Adam Lanza descend into his own world, CBS News senior correspondent John Miller, a former FBI assistant director, said on "CBS This Morning."

"He takes that game room and completely blacks it out so you -- once you close the door, the only reality in that room was him and that TV screen with his tactical shooting game," Miller said, citing law enforcement sources.

"The second thing that happened was also interesting is he blacked out his own bedroom so that when he went in there and closed the door, even without the shooting game, all you had there was total sensory deprivation," Miller said. "So he was closing out the world around him to live within the world of this tactical shooting game."

As talked about in VIDEO at the link:

Lanza may have also been motivated by changes in his home life, particularly with respect to his mother, Miller said. "You had his mother -- who he had a very close relationship with throughout his life, but especially since the divorce because it was just them -- and she had just gotten a new boyfriend," he said. "This was the first serious relationship since the divorce. And he would even stay over sometimes. It's likely that that may have been looked on by Adam Lanza as a wedge, as a threat to his relationship with his mother."

More: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...ter-adam-lanza-blacked-out-game-room-bedroom/

Asked where investigators are getting their information, Miller said, "You can get computer information without the hard drive. One of the places those live is on other servers. That would include his e-mail server, that would also include anybody that he talked to on that shooting game in the chat feature that it has where you talk to other players. And of course, the good old-fashioned way which is interviewing people around him. One of the things they're learning is that when he played that game, the only way to get a point, was not to shoot the opponent on the screen, it had to be a kill shot to get a point. Certainly as he went on -- when he stepped out of his fantasy into that terrible reality, that was the way he was shooting in the school."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_...ter-adam-lanza-blacked-out-game-room-bedroom/

I notice Adam Lanza's eyes are large and bulging. He also looks cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member