Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clipboard01.jpg

Source: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/video/8721081-new-documents-raise-questions-about-adam-lanzas-mother/

==================

Newtown shooter Adam Lanza was a product of a freewheeling, fatherless household. The tele-experts have been mum about a mother who was weak and ineffectual. Nancy Lanza was filled with fear. She used a menacing gun collection to overcompensate for her parental inadequacies. A strong, caring male might have taught the troubled Lanza to handle firearms responsibly, might have helped diffuse the lad’s rage. A manifestly weak woman playing at make-believe manhood only added fuel to that fire.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/05/the-boston-bombers-boyhood-in-america/

Newtown panel: Tear down Sandy Hook Elementary

Friday, May 10, 2013

Associated Press, DAVE COLLINS

---- TEXT & VIDEO ----

NEWTOWN, Conn. -- A task force of elected officials in Newtown on Friday recommended tearing down Sandy Hook Elementary School, the school where 20 first-graders and six educators were killed in December, and rebuilding on the same site.

The group of 28 town elected officials voted unanimously in favor of a plan that would construct a new building in the same location.

The proposal now goes to the local school board, which has final authority.

The panel had narrowed a list of choices to renovating or rebuilding on the school site or building a new school on property down the street. Each would cost between about $48 million and $60 million.

The 430 surviving students are attending a renovated school renamed Sandy Hook Elementary School in the neighboring town of Monroe.

Officials had said that whatever choice is made, a new or renovated school wouldn't be ready by Aug. 27, the start of the next school year.

A study found building a new school on the existing site would cost $57 million.

Read more: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/northern_suburbs&id=9098402

Adam Lanza Had NO DRUGS in his system..

Toxicology tests show that Adam Lanza had no alcohol or drugs in his body when he shot and killed 20 first-graders and six women at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Dec. 14.

The tests were conducted as part of the autopsy by state Chief Medical Examiner Dr. H. Wayne Carver II. Sources said his final report has been turned over to state prosecutors and investigators.

Law enforcement sources familiar with the test results said that Lanza, 20, had no traces of alcohol or any illegal drugs such as cocaine or marijuana in his body. The sources also said that there is no trace of antidepressants or anti-psychotic medications.

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...dam-lanza-toxicology-20130513,0,1438425.story

I guess he was just Mentally Unstable....So Sad!

Dear God... Please Give Strength to the Sandy Hook Victims Families & Friends

Adam Lanza Had NO DRUGS in his system..<snip>
Law enforcement sources familiar with the test results said that Lanza, 20, had no traces of alcohol or any illegal drugs such as cocaine or marijuana in his body. The sources also said that there is no trace of antidepressants or anti-psychotic medications.

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...dam-lanza-toxicology-20130513,0,1438425.story

I have to wonder in this case, if prescription drugs and counseling (-guns) would have helped avert this tragedy. Thanks for the post, I'm looking forward to the final report.

At the peak of my curiosity, I went online and checked some things out. The woman mentioned is Lanza’s real lawyer [ed. note: Judy Clarke is also the criminal defense attorney for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Jared Lee Loughner and "Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski], but I couldn’t imagine it was really from that lawyer. Perhaps the person who sent it really hates her, or just hates lawyers in general.

What? AL is dead, why would he need a criminal defense attorney?

Toxicology tests show Sandy Hook gunman Adam Lanza had no drugs or alcohol in his system when he carried out massacre

Tests show there were no traces of either alcohol or drugs in Lanza's body when he carried out one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history

The results support the theory that his attack was focused and well planned

-------

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...drugs-alcohol-carried-Decembers-massacre.html
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thursday May 16, 2013

Newtown parents urge school security focus

by The Associated Press

The Associated Press

HARTFORD, Conn. - The moment Alissa Parker learned of a shooting at her daughter's school, she suddenly regretted not pointing out what she had seen as security gaps at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Parker, whose 6-year-old daughter Emilie was among 20 first-graders killed in the Dec. 14 massacre, had thought security could have been tighter, although she never could have guessed it would be tested by a gunman with a military-style, semi-automatic rifle.

"I have to admit, the minute that I received the phone call that said there was a shooting and it was at Sandy Hook, my mind went back to what I had thought and what I had known were the imperfections of the security at Sandy Hook, and I immediately knew my child was at risk," she said Thursday. "I immediately regretted not saying anything."

As parents who lost children turned to each other for support in the weeks following the tragedy, school security emerged as a theme in emotionally wrought conversations around Newtown's kitchen tables. Now, six Sandy Hook families including the Parkers are launching the Safe and Sound at Sandy Hook Initiative, a program to help communities improve their school security plans.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.com/News/NationandWorld/201305160242

I really, really wonder why he had no antidepressants or anti-psychotic medications in his system. Seems like he was really in need of those.

It seems like we have been waiting on this final report forever.

Something tells me that, when it comes out, it is going to be just about useless.

Hope I am wrong though.

I really, really wonder why he had no antidepressants or anti-psychotic medications in his system. Seems like he was really in need of those.

It seems like we have been waiting on this final report forever.

Something tells me that, when it comes out, it is going to be just about useless.

Hope I am wrong though.

Don't look so forlorn just yet, the final report wasn't promised till June!

The fact that there was no medications or illicit drug use is telling in and of itself. It would be so easy to blame drugs. I think it tells us he was sober and totally in control of his plan. To me that makes him more terrifying.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Cheshire couple donate to help autistic children

Published: Monday, May 20, 2013

By Luther Turmelle
lturmelle@nhregister.com / Twitter: @lutherturmelle

CHESHIRE – The subject of autism is enough to bring Matt Hall, a local attorney and former Town Councilman to tears.

The subject is an emotional one for Hall because his 7-year-old daughter Mari is autistic. But she doing well in mainstream classes at Highland Elementary School, having graduated last year from the town’s kindergarten, The Darcey School. Hall and his wife Lisa credit their daughter’s success in elementary school so far with work done at the Steven August Early Intervention Center (EIC).

That’s why the Mari Hall Foundation, which the couple founded in 2010 to help other children with autism, donated $10,000 to the EIC program on Monday.

“The difference between when she started in the EIC and now is like night and day,” Hall said. “This is a very special day for us.”

Minutes earlier, Hall had burst into tears as he talked of the devotion of Sandy Hook Elementary School teacher’s aide, Anne Marie Murphy, who died trying to shield six-year-old Dylan Hockley from Adam’s Lanza’s mass shooting at the Newtown school.

Both Murphy and Hockley, who was autistic, died in the attack, along with 26 others.

The money will be used to make improvements to the specially designed classrooms that the EIC uses as well as an adjacent outdoor classroom, said Ann Donnery, Darcey’s principal.

Read more: http://nhregister.com/articles/2013/05/20/news/metro/doc519ab7fff0cfd898828334.txt

Town Clerk Ignoring Law Over Newtown Death Certificates

Death Certificates To heck with statute, says the clerk

5:48 p.m. EDT, May 22, 2013

Newtown town clerk Debbie Aurelia is not just disregarding state law and years of tradition in withholding death certificates regarding the Dec. 14 Newtown massacre. In this ultimate act of arrogance, she is declaring that she knows best — she is the law.

Ms. Aurelia is refusing to honor requests to see death certificates of those who were murdered by Adam Lanza — even though death certificates by law or custom have always been open records.

The clerk has put her foot down out of concern for grieving family members, and the law be damned. She also apparently thinks that a death certificate isn't the kind of information that the freedom of information law was meant to protect.

Read more: http://www.courant.com/news/opinion...es-law-on-death-cert-20130522,0,2963014.story

CNN's Morgan bans St. Louis' Loesch over `glib' Tweet on beheading ( Terrorist attack in London, Uk. Machete attack in street - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community )

1 hour ago &#8226; By Kevin McDermott kmcdermott@post-dispatch.com 314-340-8268

519d3d55e1197.preview-620.jpg

ST. LOUIS &#8226; Liberal CNN host Piers Morgan says he has banned conservative St. Louis radio host Dana Loesch from his show, alleging she was &#8220;glib&#8221; in a Twitter comment about the beheading of a British soldier.

The soldier was killed in London by a machete-wielding assailant, officials said today.

Loesch, in an apparent comment on criticism of gun owners by gun-control advocates, responded by posting on her Twitter feed: &#8220;Was the guy with the machete a member of the NRA? Asking for a friend.&#8221;

Morgan, who is British, responded via Twitter: &#8220;You think the beheading of a soldier is something to be glib about???&#8221;

A heated Twitter exchange ensued between the two, who have appeared on each others' shows debating their opposing ideologies.

During the Twitter exchange, Loesch slammed Morgan for &#8220;calling me Nancy Lanza because I stood up for 2A rights,&#8221; referring to the mother of Newtown massacre shooter Adam Lanza. Morgan wrote that Loesch should &#8220;shut up with stupid political wisecracks&#8221; and &#8220;show some bloody respect.&#8221;

The exchange culminated with a Tweet from Morgan: &#8220;Can&#8217;t stomach @DLoesch goading Brits with her outrageous tweeting re beheaded soldier story. Unfollowed, and banned from my show.&#8221;

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_b8d82134-88e9-53b8-9f89-832210972f1d.html

Lawmakers Concerned About Newtown FOI Bill

By Christopher Keating On May 22, 2013

Some lawmakers are expressing concerns about a Freedom of Information bill that has been crafted in secret regarding the shootings last year at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

Top legislators say they are trying to strike a delicate balance between the public&#8217;s right to know and the privacy concerns expressed by the families of the victims of the massacre.

It was still unclear Wednesday about when the bill might be debated or which chamber would start the discussion. The measure would be a special act that is tailored specifically to Newtown and the tragedy on December 14, 2012.

Even before the formal debate, the bill was raising concerns Wednesday.

&#8220;We&#8217;re troubled to learn that exceptions to open government are being drafted and planned in secret,&#8221; said Sandra Staub, the legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut. &#8220;Regardless of the merits, if any, of the legislative proposal, there&#8217;s no excuse for creating new open records exemptions without a full public hearing. Good public policy is not made in the dark. That&#8217;s why we have freedom of information laws in the first place.&#8221;

Read more: http://courantblogs.com/capitol-watch/lawmakers-concerned-about-newtown-foi-bill/

Father of Sandy Hook Victim Faces Criminal Charges

By Associated Press, May 08, 2013

Read more: http://nation.time.com/2013/05/08/father-of-sandy-hook-victim-faces-criminal-charges/

==================

Away from the spotlight, Sandy Hook parent battles criminal charges

by John Pirro, Updated 10:04 pm, Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/policereports/article/Away-from-the-spotlight-Sandy-Hook-parent-4496775.php

Wait a minute, are we just posting whatever regarding the people attached to this case?

This guy's bad checks from 2011 really don't have anything to do with anything. Nothing to do with guns, his son's death or Sandy Hook period.

Or maybe I'm missing something? Other than this guy's child died that day, what does his legal stuff have to do with a mass shooting?

Newtown denied bid to postpone hearing on records

The Associated Press

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 04:00 PM

HARTFORD, Conn. &#8212;

Connecticut's Freedom of Information Commission has denied a request by Newtown officials to postpone a hearing on a request for records related to the gunman in December's school shooting.

An attorney for the town asked Friday for a continuance until after the state legislature adjourns, citing a pending bill that would leave release of some material up to the victims' families.

The Associated Press is challenging Newtown's denial of a request for records involving any emergency calls at the home of gunman Adam Lanza in the years before the shooting.

The commission said the hearing will take place as scheduled on June 3.

Read more: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/x514111604/Newtown-denied-bid-to-postpone-hearing-on-records
Follow us: @WickedLocal on Twitter | 119311408344 on Facebook

Education Department giving Newtown $1.3 million

Posted at: 05/24/2013 7:06 AM
By PHILIP ELLIOTT

(AP) WASHINGTON - Schools in Newtown, Conn., will receive $1.3 million in federal aid to recover after the shootings that left 26 students and educators dead last year.

Education Secretary Arne Duncan planned to announce the School Emergency Response to Violence grant during a visit to the state on Friday.

The grant to Newtown schools was designed to offset costs the district incurred after the December 2012 shooting as well as provide counseling and training for school officials.

Read more: http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3044580.shtml?cat=641

Piers Morgan: Now I see U.S. government tyranny

Anti-gun host finally admits firearm advocates might be onto something

Published: 05/17/2013 at 8:08 PM
Chelsea Schilling

Is British CNN host Piers Morgan finally admitting gun advocates have a point when they say the Second Amendment is to protect citizens from tyrannical government?

Morgan has made headlines for many months as he loudly trumpeted the cause of gun control, even to the detriment of his shows ratings.

Since the Sandy Hook massacre last year – in which Adam Lanza shot and killed 20 students and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn. – Morgan has made advocating for gun-control legislation a frequent topic of his program, clashing with former House Speaker Newt Gingrich or rocker and National Rifle Association board member Ted Nugent, for example, and calling Gun Owners of America’s Larry Pratt “an unbelievably stupid man” for disagreeing with him.

Following reports of his vitriolic attacks, a petition was started on the White House “We the People” website demanding Morgan be deported back to England – and it now has more than 109,000 signatures.

As WND reported, despite his avid criticism of guns, Morgan protects his own personal property with signs warning that it is guarded by “Armed Response Security Systems,” according to a recent investigation by self-described “guerrilla journalist” James O’Keefe.

And on March 11, Morgan insisted that, “people need the nanny state occasionally.”

Now – after learning of the Obama administration’s involvement in the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups and its secret seizure of Associated Press phone records – the CNN host admitted to guest Penn Jillette that perhaps gun advocates were right about creeping tyranny after all:

“I’ve had some of the pro-gun lobbyists on here, saying to me, ‘Well, the reason we need to be armed is because of tyranny from our own government,’ and I’ve always laughed at them,” Morgan said. “I said, ‘Don’t be ridiculous! Your government won’t turn itself on you. …

“But, actually, this is vaguely tyrannical behavior by the American government.”

Read more at: http://mobile.wnd.com/2013/05/piers-morgan-now-i-see-u-s-government-tyranny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine