Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just so very sad. My heart just breaks for these people!

Matthew Keys @TheMatthewKeys[Just in] CBS News reporting Adam Lanza is CT school shooting suspect; Ryan Lanza, his older brother, being questioned.

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Newtown_School_Shooting

Which, earlier it was being reported that as he was led off in handcuffs he screamed to the crowd, " I didn't do it!" and that is exactly what was written on that facebook page that belongs to a RL in the same area. We're not allowed to post it, etc... because it hasn't been confirmed, but I really think it is the same person and he may have been able to access his cell phone in order to update his social media status'.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323297104578179271453737596.html

Carrie Usher, a fourth-grade teacher at Sandy Hook, was having a team meeting with three other teachers while her class worked in the library. They heard gunfire and then the loudspeaker came on with "fighting and crying and maybe some screaming," sounds of chaos that she said were being broadcast throughout the building.

Ms. Usher is still uncertain what was broadcast over the loudspeaker. "I think it was fighting," she said in a phone interview. "I think it was the principal before she was killed put that out there to warn the teachers what was happening. I believe so. We don't know."

Fox reporting that death of Father may be inaccurate. Reports that Father may be alive.

Can't tell you how many times I've said that the kids today do not have as good a childhood as I did. All the electronics, games, and gadgets are great, but can't take the place of the freedom from fear that I had as a child. Never had to be scared to play outside or fearful that something like this could happen to me at my school.

Maybe kids weren't as fearful in the past, but unfortunately that didn't mean terrible things didn't happen sometime. The worst mass murder at an American school happened back in 1938: Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Evil has always been with us. :(

This is what happens when LE doesn't give media the answers. Everyone just has to guess.

I think someone is setting up phony fb and twitter accts under RL. If you look at the fb the friends and hometown where entered on the recent activity. I'm thinking today. He keeps responding that he's alive. I find no humor in this.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323297104578179271453737596.html

Carrie Usher, a fourth-grade teacher at Sandy Hook, was having a team meeting with three other teachers while her class worked in the library. They heard gunfire and then the loudspeaker came on with "fighting and crying and maybe some screaming," sounds of chaos that she said were being broadcast throughout the building.

Ms. Usher is still uncertain what was broadcast over the loudspeaker. "I think it was fighting," she said in a phone interview. "I think it was the principal before she was killed put that out there to warn the teachers what was happening. I believe so. We don't know."

OMG! to hear that over the loudspeaker.

AP reporting A as 20-year-old shooter; R as 24-year-old brother in custody

I'm so heartbroken, I guess because I am sane I cannot understand how you could look these poor defenseless babies in the eyes and kill them. They didn't do anything wrong. Why?!? I just don't get it. I'm going to hug my little one a little tighter tonight.

Of all the sad days on WS, this may be the saddest day on WS.

I agree. The last time I felt this devastated was when the little Powell brothers were killed by their monstrous 'father'...

Maybe kids weren't as fearful in the past, but unfortunately that didn't mean terrible things didn't happen sometime. The worst mass murder at an American school happened back in 1938: Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Evil has always been with us. :(

It was actually on May 18, 1927. Andrew Kehoe blew up Bath Consolidated School. It was the deadliest American mass murder until the Happyland Club Fire on March 25, 1990, which claimed 87 lives in The Bronx.

My head is spinning. Let me get the potential cast - if not their parts - straight.

Ryan Lanza 24
Adam Lanza 20
Peter Lanza - New Jersey
Nancy Lanza - Sandy Hook (dec)
Girlfriend - missing?
A N Other Friend - missing?

BBC are saying that Adam lived in Sandy Hook, Ryan in Hoboken.

Abc news here just said that the Mum may be the deceased at the house? Not the father.

Just gets even worse as news comes out doesn't it?

Newtown, Conn. School District Had Recently Installed New Safety Protocols

... had just installed a new safety policy designed to prevent situations such as what happened on Friday. ...

As usual, exterior doors will be locked during the day. Every visitor will be required to ring the doorbell at the front entrance and the office staff will use a visual monitoring system to allow entry. Visitors will still be required to report directly to the office and sign in. If our office staff does not recognize you, you will be required to show identification with a picture id. ...

Doors will be locked at approximately 9:30 a.m. ...

It is unclear how the shooter, reportedly armed with two semi-automatic handguns, gained access to the school or if he showed identification, or if he had entered prior to the 9:30 a.m. doors-locked mandate. It is also unclear how the shooter gained access to the school halls and classrooms. ...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12...-had-recently-installed-new-safety-protocols/

It was actually on May 18, 1927. Andrew Kehoe blew up Bath Consolidated School. It was the deadliest American mass murder until the Happyland Club Fire on March 25, 1990, which claimed 87 lives in The Bronx.

D'oh, thanks. 1927, and 38 killed. Clearly I can't read properly at the moment ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax