Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS2 reporting sources tell them gunman is 20 yo Adam L.

.... God Bless all their little souls - may they reunite as a class of little angels dancing and singing among the stars..
....God Bless all their loving parents, family, friends and all of us who deeply care -and grieve the loss of such innocent and lovely lives...
...God Bless the poor Mom of the shooter and all the adults who tried to protect the innocent little ones...
....at a loss for words...
so very, very sad...

Adam Lanza was just named the shooter here on my local news (in Florida) and Ryan Lanza is in custody. Just letting others know what is being said from here.

so there are 3 crime scenes now.....father at his home, mother at her home, and school?

I found out about this while I was at school with my 2nd grader. His class was making cookies for the teacher's son who is stationed in Kuwait. It was loud, chaotic, messy, and all around crazy. I've never heard such beautiful sounds and been so happy to be somewhere in my life.

I don't even know all the details of this yet, but what I have heard is absolutely horrible.

Abc news here just said that the Mum may be the deceased at the house? Not the father.

Just gets even worse as news comes out doesn't it?

I thought she was supposed to have been among the victims at school. Do the brothers have the same mother?

CNN from Hoboken NJ where shooter may have lived. They have in custody 2 people who may have been roommates of his . . . do not believe the roommates were involved. 5 story building w/ 3 bedroom rentals. Neighbors in waterfront community do not recognize pics of shooter or his brother. This area was damaged by Hurricane Sandy. 2 blocks each direction blocked off. They are waiting confirmation to see if this is home of shooter and his brother. There is a FB page indicating Hoboken is where he lives and Newtown was his hometown but they cannot confirm @ this time.

No suggestions that the roommates had any role in this. FBI agents are on the scene . . . looking inside the home possibly @ a computer.

I didn't hear about this until after I finished my final at 1pm today. I thought it was incredibly sad, but I really lost it when I heard that parents were parking up to a 1/2 mile away and running to the school to find their kids. I can't imagine what they're feeling. I can't imagine what the impact of this is going to be on everyone involved; survivors, witnesses, families...

wow.....over 300 guests in here.....welcome ya'll hope you join this community

I've NEVER seen a case of wildy innaccurate reporting over anything in my life. The whole race to be first has gone beyond any conceivable proportions EVER.

You can't UNNAME someone, and if I see CORRECTION: in one more news feed Im going to scream.

Thoughts and prayers to the familys, school, community and first responders...may God Bless each and every one of you with comfort and healing.

Can't tell you how many times I've said that the kids today do not have as good a childhood as I did. All the electronics, games, and gadgets are great, but can't take the place of the freedom from fear that I had as a child. Never had to be scared to play outside or fearful that something like this could happen to me at my school.

And yet the worst school violence incident in US history happened in... 1927. I don't think murderous nutjobs are specific to an era, and the likelyhood of such an event happening at any particular shool is still quite low.

so there are 3 crime scenes now.....father at his home, mother at her home, and school?

Also talk of missing girlfriend too.

The news here said that instead of the dad being the victim at the house, it was the mother. :waitasec:

Absolutely Heartbreaking.

Heard this on the news when I was in the car with my Dad earlier, i'm certain he almost crashed when he heard it. We both sat in stunned silence the rest of the way home.

It reminds me so much of the tragic Dunblane massacre here in the UK, 16 years ago in a small village school in Scotland 14 children aged 5 and 6, and their beloved teacher were killed in the school hall by some loon who just walked right in to the school.

Ever since then all schools in the UK lock their gates during the day and you have to buzzed in to get into the school.

Quick Reference Guide for anyone confused.

Peter Lanza- Father. Unknown.
Nancy Lanza- Mother. Teacher at the school. Confirmed dead at the school.
Ryan Lanza- 24 year old son. In police custody being questioned, not being called a suspect at this time.
Adam Lanza- 20 year old shooter. Confirmed dead at the school (unknown if self-inflicted)

There is also 1 adult male found deceased at home. Some reports have said it's the father, others say it is the other brother (the 3rd of the 3 siblings).

Wolf Blitzer (CNN) just reported that any children who have been interviewed do so with their parents' permission and standing nearby during the exchange.

My head is spinning. Let me get the potential cast - if not their parts - straight.

Ryan Lanza 24
Adam Lanza 20
Peter Lanza - New Jersey
Nancy Lanza - Sandy Hook (dec)
Girlfriend - missing?
A N Other Friend - missing?

BBC are saying that Adam lived in Sandy Hook, Ryan in Hoboken.

Im just as confused as the next person. Heres what I just heard on foxnews
ryan lanza (taken in to custody in NJ) I think this i wrong
Adam lanza shooter/dead 20
nancy lanza dec in school
peter lanza alive
g/friend missing
another friend missing
body found in NJ home

The news reports have me so confused.

CBS 2

Reporting Adam L 20 yo is identified as gunman and is dead at school.

Reporting Ryan L, brother, is 24 yo and is in custody, not arrested.

Can't tell you how many times I've said that the kids today do not have as good a childhood as I did. All the electronics, games, and gadgets are great, but can't take the place of the freedom from fear that I had as a child. Never had to be scared to play outside or fearful that something like this could happen to me at my school.

This is so wrong.

Many childhood's were not free from fear. I was a child during the cold war and we had air raid drills, had to crawl under our desks, or trot down to the shelters. Every time I heard a whistling sort of sound, I tensed up, waiting for the bomb to fall.

I thought she was supposed to have been among the victims at school. Do the brothers have the same mother?

That's what I thought too. Our news is about to update again, I'll see if they say it again.

It doesn't make sense. None of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member