Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to guess that the person in the social media posted on the other (now closed) thread is the older brother of the shooter (who possessed older brothers ID) and the guy that came out of the woods (now in custody) is probably the shooters friend. Just pure speculation on my part.

If either the AL on Twitter or RL on Facebook have found out this way that their mother, her whole class and possibly father have been killed, I really feel for them as well.

This is all so awful.

Editing to say: that's not to take anything away from the known victims of this dreadful situation, I just wonder if there is a case of stolen identity here which could mean that fake names have been given and the real people have just found out their mother and father are dead.

I just don't think it gets worse than this. So shocking and horrible, there really are no words.

Okay, this is confusing. First, they report that R is the shooter. Then, they report that A is the shooter and may have possibly had R's ID for some reason. Also reported that A's brother (R?) might possibly be in custody being questioned. BUT, why would R be on Twitter and FB updating if his brother was involved or if he was in custody? This isn't making any sense!

I can't imagine as a little bitty kid seeing someone around your school everyday dead on the floor.

:(

The survivors, even though they survived the shooting, will never be the same. They're victims too, just in a different capacity.

Ahh, thank you. :) Hard as I try, it's impossible to catch everything while I'm supposed to be working.

I am driving in my car and it just happened to be mentioned by Martin Bashir. No last name was given though so speculation about parents being divorced still a possibility.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

CNN - Lt. Paul Vance stating no LE shot their weapons. They immediately entered the school . . . . 18 kids @ school, 2 @ hospital, 6 adults plus shooter and another adult @ secondary location. They are trying to keep friends, family and relatives informed. They did a lot of work once they got info on the shooter. The 2ndary scene is very close to the school in Newtown (or very close). They are hoping no other crime scenes involved. They have crime teams there and they are checking on any and everything could possibly be involved. Preliminary estimate of shots fired (too tough to guess right now). ME will be doing autopsy of the deceased. LE is holding some sensitive info. CNN is speculating the Shooter came to the school for a primary target possibly his Mother - LE will not confirm right now. No confirmation of shooter being dressed in armor. The 2nd scene the neighbors were evacuated from the scene as part of error on side of precaution . . . just in case anything harmful there. Detectives will look into whether this shooter's history was something to be aware of. Only 1 injury. 3 weapons found @ scene - Bushmaster, Glock and Sig-Sauer handguns.

I just checked and was pleased to see that LMN is not airing the originally scheduled movie "Amish Grace" (about a school shooting) at this time. I hoped that programmers would think better of this in light of today's horrific tragedy.

So heartbroken today. So sad we live in a world where we have to lock our doors and stay in. Wish my grandchildren could grow up as I did, free to go to the movies, go to the mall and free to go to school, even free to play outside. Terrible world we live in today! Prayers to these families...

Can't tell you how many times I've said that the kids today do not have as good a childhood as I did. All the electronics, games, and gadgets are great, but can't take the place of the freedom from fear that I had as a child. Never had to be scared to play outside or fearful that something like this could happen to me at my school.

This is so wrong.

they told the kids to close their eyes as they were evacuating.....i love these teachers already......

It sounds like the teachers did all the practiced lockdown procedures that we are trained to do. As a teacher in CT I have taken part in many lock- down trainings.

Except the office admins possibly did not. Tripping the loudspakers is not enough....Usually in a lockdown there is a code word broadcast over the loudspeakers. In which case even the Mom- Teacher- Victim should have been protected by...if she followed it. Locking your rooms- and not opening them for anyone - even someone you know-- not for anyone except badge wearing LE.

:-( In shock - In the next town.

That is bizarre. So...they just wanted to make sure that the kids in their school were safe (on the other side of the country)? Or, was there an actual connection, like a plothatched on facebook or twitter or something?
(I know you don't know, wfgodot, just typing out loud).

My guess: When parents hear of something like this happening, they get scared for their own kids, even if the rational part of their brain tells them their kids aren't in any danger. (I remember phoning my parents on 9/11 to check they were OK, even though I was pretty sure Barbour County, West Virginia wasn't a major terrorist target.) So the school district wants to be seen to be doing something to relieve people's fears.

I just heard about this 15 minutes ago (other side of Atlantic, no TV). Logged on to Twitter and saw a load of tweets saying just, "Oh no." I'm still struggling to take it in. :(

If I 84 is closed, it will be a travel nightmare.

It will. It's already a nightmare on normal days...

Hate having my teens out and about while this is going on. They had a half day today... :sigh:

This has got to be the weirdest case ever. I'm afraid it's long from over....

They are saying they haven't established positive ID on anyone involved.
I wonder if the brothers intentionally planned to "pass the buck" on who they are?

They said they'll be back in 60 minutes with a presser .... hopefully more details.

I'm wonder if the brothers got together along with other friends and planned this whole turmoil as it unfolded? FB, tumblr, ID's all a huge game of some kind? It's hard for me to imagine the brother in custody still playing this game and LE can't determine who's who? Good Lord!

If either the AL on Twitter or RL on Facebook have found out this way that their mother, her whole class and possibly father have been killed, I really feel for them as well.

This is all so awful.

Editing to say: that's not to take anything away from the known victims of this dreadful situation, I just wonder if there is a case of stolen identity here which could mean that fake names have been given and the real people have just found out their mother and father are dead.

Yeah this is very possible.

This is tragic and unthinkable enough,.... whatever is going on with mixed up shooter ID and missing girlfriends and brother involvement and people in the woods is absolutely maddening and absurd. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps