Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS: body in house in Newtown is body of NL, mother of the shooter

Maybe they got another teacher since she obviously didn't come to work. That is horrible to be in the wrong place. So sad. jmo

Oh .... what an awful thought if that were the case.
There's no end to the sadness here...
The darkest day :(

so what brought him to the school? I thought he was there to kill his mother? This just gets more horrific by the moment.

Mel

Dr Drew points out just now on HLN

To kill every thing his Mother loved! So Sad!

She's not listed as a teacher at that school.

I think this is just one more of many complete inaccuracies in this story.

:waitasec:IDK, NBC New York is currently(5:30pm) scrolling across screen that Adam's mother(Nancy) was a teacher at school and was killed at school.
ce was blown o
ETA: NBC now reporting conflicting info because dead body in house face not recognizable.

:waitasec:IDK, NBC New York is currently(5:30pm) scrolling across screen that Adam's mother(Nancy) was a teacher at school and was killed at school.

Hm. I guess we'll know at some point.

CBS reporting Nancy Lanza was found in her home deceased. Mother of Adam Lanza.

Reporting Adam

Lanza lived with mother.

Parents were divorced.

Divorced father lives in Stamford.

I am so confused.

The Associated Press quoted an official as saying the suspected gunman drove to the school in his mother’s car. Another law enforcement source earlier told CBS News that a Sig Sauer, a Glock 9 and a Bushmaster rifle were found at the scene. Preliminary information showed that Lanza purchased the weapons legally.
http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2012/12/14/school-shooting-leaves-multiple-injured/

More questions, did the shooter buy the weapons or steal them from his mother's home?

Fox News Live, Report from Hoboken NJ: 24 year old Ryan Lanza, living in Hoboken, NJ., was taken out of his apartment in handcuffs this afternoon. Ryan Lanza's girlfriend is missing. Ryan Lanza is now in custody and is being questioned by Law Enforcement in New Jersey.

There wasn't a teacher named Nancy at the school, according to its website. Maybe she was a substitute or retired, but not a permanent teacher?

Matthew Keys‏@TheMatthewKeys

ABC News: Neighbors describe suspected CT school shooter Adam Lanza as "displaying characteristics associated with mental illness"

FWIW

Neighbors are not usually reliable diagnosticians when it comes to mental illness. But it's entirely possible that the shooter was mentally ill and also developmentally delayed, with autism or Aspberger's. He was an adult, so his parents and other family may have had very little they could do to control his actions. If he knew how to get guns, it is pretty likely that they could not have stopped him or that some of them died trying.

There wasn't a teacher named Nancy at the school, according to it's website. Maybe she was a substitute or retired, but not a permanent teacher?

That's a thought - retired or substitute.

Fox News Live, Report from Hoboken NJ: 24 year old Ryan Lanza, living in Hoboken, NJ., was taken out of his apartment in handcuffs this afternoon. Ryan Lanza's girlfriend is missing. Ryan Lanza is now in custody and is being questioned by Law Enforcement in New Jersey.

CBS2 Live:

Adam entered school all in black, knew layout of school and where to go to find mother.

Police looking for Adam's GF and another friend, who both are missing in New Jersey.

Whose girlfriend is missing?

So, if I got this right. AL killed his mom, the children, his dad and a girlfriend and a friend are missing. Why did he not go after his brother RL?

OMG.... reporter on CNN talking about how long it might take to ID all of the little bodies.... I'm so sorry I'm even writing that..... so much evil to take out so much innocence... speechless and hurting for everyone effected

Hartford Courant reporter:
Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari
Authorities to set up a temporary morgue on school grounds so they can photograph victims and bring photo's to parents to ID. #newtown
Dave Altimari ‏@davealtimari
it now appears that the shooting was confined to mostly two first grade classrooms. still unclear why gunmen targeted those rooms. #Newtown

Of all the sad days on WS, this may be the saddest day on WS.

I couldn't agree more. Simply put.

I am also fist-clenchingly angry. 20 babies who were just sitting ducks for some wingnut with a cache of firearms.

And trust me it will happen again. And again. And again.

I want to scream until I can't even speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence