Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec: CNN (Susan C.) reporting that Nancy Lanza was found dead in her home. So, who was in the classroom with the children? A substitute?

And if this was aimed at the Mother WTH go to the school after killing her and kill the innocent! So Mad here!!!!

The dad was found in the home with another deceased person. Nancy was very likely his new wife.

CNN AGAIN reporting that the mom was found dead in her home. so confused.

I saw a parent interviewed in the school parking lot. She said she knew all of the teachers at the school, and there was no one named Nancy Lanza who currently taught there. ????

You know I'm really proud of these kids that are talking on the news - they're so calm and brave. Especially that lil cute one that had bullets zoom by him when he was in the hallway.

I personally think it is disgusting that the parents of these children are even allowing them to be interviewed. These children have just been inside a school where 26 people were murdered. They were led past the office where multiple people lay dead in order to leave the building. These children should be talking to couselors trained in children dealing in trauma and not the media.

I don't understand parents these days. They should be cuddled up on a couch, with the televisions off, and reassuring their children right now. Not throwing their faces across National television. They should be at the church of their choice praying for the victims and their community.

I just don't get it.

MOO

:waitasec: CNN (Susan C.) reporting that Nancy Lanza was found dead in her home. So, who was in the classroom with the children? A substitute?

Maybe they got another teacher since she obviously didn't come to work. That is horrible to be in the wrong place. So sad. jmo

Last spring, my community college was evacuated because of a alleged threat of an individual on campus with firearms. We were not allowed to stay in a locked classroom. They made everyone leave and cancelled classes. While I was waiting 30+ minutes to get out of the parking lot, I couldn't help but wonder if the person had intended to do harm, here was a ton of students stuck in their vehicles in a traffic jam. As it turned out, the person was no longer on campus by the time the officials decided to evacuate, but I didn't think the protocall was the best solution even if the person was on campus. Does anyone else have the evacuate campus instead of stay in a locked classroom protocall?

I agree that this is not a good way to handle such a thing. I would bring it up with administration--you have raised an excellent point about people as sitting ducks in a parking lot.

So Mum was at home. :(

I really feel for LE trying to make sense of this mess and control the media mistakes.

So this picture was at 415est? Was that live? Does anyone know what time RL posted on his FB that he was in bus and it wasn't him that dud it?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Sometime just before that. So I wonder if they took him into custody as he arrived home?

I agree LE should have stepped in.
But since they didn't, it made more sense for the innocent guy to PUBLICLY say he didn't do it... rather than saying so privately.

Another guy with that name has... and in fact appears to be using it to his advantage promoting himself. :what:

Well, no - it made more sense to you. But you're not him, with his world in pieces round his ears and his friends abandoning him at a rate of knots. He may have suspected from what he was reading that his family were involved. I personally think I would have done they same - freaked out and locked everything down, tried to get the friends I had left to believe me. We also don't know how much time he had before LE came to his home.

Matthew Keys‏@TheMatthewKeys

ABC News: Neighbors describe suspected CT school shooter Adam Lanza as "displaying characteristics associated with mental illness"

FWIW

Matthew Keys‏@TheMatthewKeys

ESPN tells staff to stop tweeting about sports until Sunday due to Connecticut school shooting - http://deadsp.in/12e1BDz via @ethanklapper

The coverage in this case is just a big ole honkin mess.

Her name is not Lanza. She had remarried recently.

The website may be wrong, but there doesn't appear to be a Nancy on staff there, and I've looked through all classroom teachers and all other jobs in the school.

Plus, she wasn't killed at the school but at home -

Maybe she was a staff member but somehow not listed.

so what brought him to the school? I thought he was there to kill his mother? This just gets more horrific by the moment.

Mel

I cannot believe this. Would he really kill his mom and then go to a school and kill a room full of 5 yr olds? It is beyond belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnaNikiSB