Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is this type of crime doesn't just happen at schools. We had mall shootings, movie theater shootings, shootings at places of worship, etc etc etc

A little 9 year old girl lost her life outside the supermarket when a deranged guman wanted to assisinate Gabrielle Giffords.

The solution is not that simple, imo

Agreed. We also need mental health care to be more accessible, less stigmatized. But I'm guessing it's a start.

Thanks to all WS members for the great posts and keeping me up to date here in Italy.
My heart goes out to all the victims, all the parents and all the staff of the school.
Today I was driving in my car and a little girl about 6 years old was crossing the street with her mother. I stopped for them and the girl was smiling at me as she was crossing the road, though I didnt know her.
That made me think of the children of that school and I actually had to stop because suddenly I found myself in tears. How can a human being look into those innocent bright eyes of a child and just go along and kill it? 20 children?

This story reminded me once more how happy I am to not live in the USA (no offense).

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but is there any social media account for AL? Facebook, twitter?

Thanks again for the great coverage.
How awful it must be to lose a loved one this way just days before chrismas.

Licht_fuer_Dich_275x200.jpg

No. His parents were divorced and IIRC, his dad hadn't seen the shooter in over a year. That's what I remember hearing on HLN yesterday.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-world-...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

The gunman's aunt Marsha Lanza, of Crystal Lake, Ill., said her nephew was raised by kind, nurturing parents who would not have hesitated to seek mental help for him if he needed it.

"Nancy wasn't one to deny reality," Marsha Lanza said, adding her husband had seen Adam as recently as June and recalled nothing out of the ordinary.

And, on another note:
Joshua Milas, who graduated from Newtown High in 2009 and belonged to the school technology club with him, said Adam Lanza was generally a happy person but that he hadn't seen him in a few years.

"We would hang out, and he was a good kid. He was smart," Joshua Milas said. "He was probably one of the smartest kids I know. He was probably a genius."

I read somewhere that the mother had quit her job to stay at home to care for Adam. Why ?

I think that if this is the case we should re-open the mental institutions. Making certain that meds are being taken. And, well yes to "house" them.

I also agree that a no privacy in the home be a must especially if there is any mental problem present.

Just my thoughts

RIP to all the victims.
This has made me so angry. I feel like this should have been avoidable. I hope some changes to the law are made for the sake of everyone.

For years, Nancy Lanza, 54, whom Adam murdered inside the home he and his mom shared, worked as a teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School. But she stopped working in recent years and was taking care of her son.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ed-kid-article-1.1220752?pgno=1#ixzz2F5f0dXfp

I'm bumping this for those looking for the article about the mother staying home to care for for al. I spent a lot of time trying to find it among the numerous posts. After hearing the news I was stunned. I just cannot fathom how anybody can hurt a child. I have had situations in public places when I stepped in to confront a parent that was going overboard while disciplining their child. I'm not speaking of spanking. I spanked my children in certain situations. These were parents that had gone beyond that and were in the abuse range. My dd is a teacher. She has students with emotional issues sd well as what we see as normal. I worry about her safety all the time. She lives her school but it is not in a safe area. She tells me about the school going on lock down because they get a call from le that an arrest warrant if about to be served in the neighborhood.

I am so concerned for our country. It feels like every day we see more and more depravity among people.

There's still much confusion about whether Nancy Lanza was associated with Sandy Hook Elementary - whether she was a teacher there, had been a teacher there, was a substitute teacher there, or never worked there at all. Different news organizations have reported each possibility. Should be cleared up today, I'd think.

I will say this, as a former School employee and someone that who had to have access to enter secured areas I don't see how it can be stopped. People that are recognized by school staff (the button pusher) will just keep on buzzing the ones in they know, or think they know. And people that have access to secure areas will still allow someone to piggyback in on their access code. What a sad sad out come to these family's and this Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71