Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Lanza, 54, whom Adam murdered inside the home the two shared, reportedly had worked at Sandy Hook Elementary School. But more recently, she was taking care of her son.

“She needed to be home with Adam,” the family insider said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...disturbed-kid-article-1.1220752#ixzz2F6RLkfVA

If she couldn't work because she had to take care of Adam, she should have removed the guns from the home. The articles say Adam was troubled since age 5, why would a parent teach him to shoot a gun?

Maybe not to single him out as "not" normal?

It's so very late where I am, but I've stayed on-thread for most of the day, reaching, reaching, reaching for answers and comfort and justice. I have a feeling there will be unprecedented multitudes doing the same here at WS in the coming weeks.

No matter what topics we may find ourselves divided over, let's all continue to hold up Newtown. We've got to help shoulder their burden for them. The strongest among us could not do it alone.

Till tomorrow...

Piecing together what has been reported, this was a "fractured" family.

Mom and Dad divorced in 2008. AL would have been 16 and RL - 20.

Mom quits working to care for AL full-time (probably sometime in 09 or 10?)

RL has said that he hasn't spoken to his brother - AL - since 2010.

Dad is remarried and living elsewhere.

How did AL get RL's ID? Was it an old ID? And even thought RL hadn't spoken to AL - had he (RL) kept in touch with mom? RL had to have known that mom quit working to care for AL.

Dad and RL must have known AL suffered from "a condition" (I'll call it that since we have no confirmation) but yet not spoken to AL for 2 years?

Read that Dad had just seen AL in June - so what did Dad know or see (if anything).

They were an affluent family - with the size of the alimony payments. Mom didn't have to work; or had enough income to have AL "placed" somewhere - possibly for better care.

I can't wrap my head around all this. But this one thought just keep jumping at me about this family - they were "fractured" and it happened a few years back - what roll that all played in escalating these events, if any, I don't know.

JMHO

Nancy Lanza, 54, whom Adam murdered inside the home the two shared, reportedly had worked at Sandy Hook Elementary School. But more recently, she was taking care of her son.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...disturbed-kid-article-1.1220752#ixzz2F6RLkfVA

If she couldn't work because she had to take care of Adam, she should have removed the guns from the home. The articles say Adam was troubled since age 5, why would a parent teach him to shoot a gun?
Because you don't predict... you don't know... or expect... your child to ever be capable of something like this. I think. I can't imagine being wise to my own child's murderous capacity, especially if he hadn't been violent before.

one of the THs on MSNBC (van Zandt, maybe?) said that this shooter intentionally violated both of our strongest taboos: killing one's own mother and killing children

van Zandt also said 15 rounds in the cartridge and one in the chamber per each load/re-load. he said the guns don't heat up so re-loading isn't impeded by hot metal

I hope that he is referred to as the shooter/murderer much more often in the coming days/weeks, and that his name is printed/spoken much less often

let him be the fiend who isn't named

BTW, I don't want to come across as harsh, but I live only 25 or so miles from this tragedy. I only blame one person, the shooter. Period. The End. Period.

I pray, with tears, for all of those lost today, their families, and the responders. I have been glued to the TV news, ALL day. I cannot even explain in text what is in my heart. Prayers and love to you all.

But what does "Troubled" mean?

Having autism might mean he was troubled but it doesn't make him dangerous.
Aspergers would also be troubled but I know a kid with Aspergers who is in the Army in Afghanistan, the US government lets him be around guns...

I haven't seen any examples of how he was "troubled." But he was 20, living at home. Did he go to college? Did he have a job? At least right now we have not heard a thing about that.

This sums it up for me as I felt each of their expressions today. I had people at lunch talking about it, cashiers, dd's & I, dh & I and we are at least 2000 miles away. Our hearts are heavy, it is a problem, it needs corrected to save our older children from horrid acts to our own children and grandkids from these horrid acts. Too sad.

article-sandy-hook-shooting.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...disturbed-kid-article-1.1220752#ixzz2F5mUHTvo

But what does "Troubled" mean?

Having autism might mean he was troubled but it doesn't make him dangerous.

Aspergers would also be troubled but I know a kid with Aspergers who is in the Army in Afghanistan, the US government lets him be around guns...
yes, but there's also the possibility of a dual diagnosis: Aspergers plus a personality disorder or mental illness

my sister is developmentally disabled (mild to moderate retardation) and also has a personality disorder (borderline or narcissist)

we go back and forth on which one it is and no one is sure, but everyone agrees that there is a disorder. our local state-run mental health clinic had no experience w/ our situation and offered no workable solutions, but they found it fascinating

Some may disagree but the more you provide info to your schools in education of the mentally ill or odd people to young children, might help. Sad that in my town the first thing cut during a financial crisis is education to children. 10 school closings here, 200 teachers there...damn. Law enforcement is in the top 5 too. sucks & we ask why?

Pensfan's list of 50 needs to be learned by not only the children, but so many adults who haven't witnessed it first hand. jmo Thanks Pensfan! xoxo

We can never understand why our loved ones, and especially our beautiful children are taken from us, let alone in such a horrific fashion. I have had my children die, and I know that life is shattered, hearts are broken, and faith can be nonexistent.

I am not a “religious” person as such, and hope I don't offend anyone with my sentiments but ... at times I have found some small comfort in the following poem that was given to me after the death of my daughter:

I'll lend you for a while a child of mine, He said.
For you to love the while he lives and mourn for when he's dead.
It may be six or seven years, or twenty-two or three,
But will you, till I call him back, take care of him for me?
He'll bring his charms to gladden you, and should his stay be brief,
You'll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise he will stay; since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there I want this child to learn.
I've looked the wide world over in My search for teachers true
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes I have chosen you.
Now will you give him all your love, not think the labor vain
Nor hate Me when I come to call to take him back again?

I fancied that I heard them say, Dear Lord, Thy will be done!
For all the joy Thy child shall bring, the risk of grief we run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may,
And for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay;
But should the angels call for him much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand!

Thoughts and prayers for all the children and other beautiful people who were victims of this terrible tragedy today, and for their families who are left with only memories of their loved one.

:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Love your children with all your hearts and all your might.

Goodnight dear ones.

“Until we meet again, may God hold you gently in the palm of His hand”.

I have not read all the threads but does anyone know if the killer had a child at the school?
It was my daughters birthday and we spent they first half of the day crying are eyes out,she is 29 and she called me crying as soon as she heard asking how could anyone hurt children like this.I had not heard of it I had my TV off and had just sat down with my coffee to go online and read my newspapers. I had no words to comfort her, I could not speak just cried with her.So many peoples lives were changed forever today because of one persons actions.

I have not read all the threads but does anyone know if the killer had a child at the school?
It was my daughters birthday and we spent they first half of the day crying are eyes out,she is 29 and she called me crying as soon as she heard asking how could anyone hurt children like this.I had not heard of it I had my TV off and had just sat down with my coffee to go online and read my newspapers. I had no words to comfort her, I could not speak just cried with her.So many peoples lives were changed forever today because of one persons actions.

He did not have a child at the school. I am so sorry that your daughter's birthday was so sad. XOXOXOXOXO

No he was 20 years old, he did not have a child at the school.

I don't have the links but read reports saying he was a terror, had terrible tantrums at home, rambunctious as a teen, and talked of ufo's and blowing things up as an adolescent.

I don't have the links but read reports saying he was a terror, had terrible tantrums at home, rambunctious as a teen, and talked of ufo's and blowing things up as an adolescent.

I heard it reported that he was also overly interested in violent video games.

I know we only have a few names and faces right now...
We are supposed to get the rest of them tomorrow.
Here are the ones that we know right now.

Grace McDonnell - 6 years old

http://riehlworldview.com/2012/12/p...g-newtown-victims-also-grace-mcdonnell-6.html

Emilie Parker - 6 years old

emilieparker3.jpg

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23391882&ni...hose-killed-in-conn-shooting&s_cid=featured-1

Ana Grace Márquez Greene – almost 7 years old

anafe.jpg

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...ing-leaves-6-year-old-puerto-rican-girl-dead/

http://updatednews.ca/2012/12/15/connecticut-school-shooting-victim-lived-in-winnipeg-reports/

Vicki Soto- 27
- 1st grade teacher for 5 years, died shielding and hiding her students

vickisoto.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/tragedy-elementary-school-fallen-teachers-story-17980665

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...lementary-school/story-fnddckzi-1226537530317

Principal Dawn Hochsprung – 47
- married mother of two daughters and four grandchildren.

dawnhochsprung.jpg

http://newtown.patch.com/articles/newtown-principal-remembered-as-warm-selfless

School Psychologist Mary Sherlach – 53 –
1 year away from retirement, wife and mother.

marysherlach.jpg

http://westfield.patch.com/articles...g-victim-looked-ahead-to-next-stage-of-life#c

Nancy Lanza - 53 - mother.

I looked and looked for a picture but I could not find one confirmed to be Nancy. If anyone finds one, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71