Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loren Coleman blogs about the copycat effect and "twilight language," in addition to being perhaps the world's best known cryptozoologist.
Loren Coleman ‏@CryptoLoren
Anniv: December 14, 1993, 5 shot, 4 died at Chuck E. Cheese pizza parlor. Where? Unbelievably, #Aurora, Colorado. #Newtown, now same date.

It ticks me off that they showed him being put into a police car. They ruined his privacy and he had nothing to do with it. Now a lot of morons will think he had something to do with it. JMO

I have to agree with you and NURSE, and everyone else for that matter. This man is a victim. He was 1st called out as being the man who did this, now its his brother who is dead, and his mother is dead and there is no privacy for him. Unacceptable! IMO

I really do not think ANYONE, of any age, is able to comprehend what just happened. They are all in shock. Hell, Im in shock and I live in another country!!!!

I agree with this and I don't mean to sound unreasonable, <modsnip> Again, I do not mean to sound unreasonable.

Why THE HELL is the media calling the mother of the teacher???:banghead: She just found out her grandson killed his mom, 18 children and 6 adults?!?!?!

Because they don't care. They will be calling every family member they can find for a comment.

I am so far behind... And am trying desperately to keep up...

so if this is the totally wrong time and place...0please forgive me..

But could it be that Adam resented Ryan.... Instead of his mom?and Adam had Ryan's ID on him.... Possibly trying to pin it on Ryan... Or at least make things very uncomfortable for him... ( as it has)

He has killed all (most) of Ryan's family... And Ryan's GF is missing (from where I am at in the reading)....

I know that doesn't explain the massacre....

but a twisted mind does not always have logical actions...

Just some thoughts....

JMO

might be the motive?

bbm
This school apparently had a big glass window near the locked door. :shaking my head:
When my daughter was in kindergarten, you had to get buzzed in before they'd open the door, then go directly to a sign in desk straight in front of you, before going further. They also had cameras. This is going back 16 years too.
My other child's High School keeps all door locked when school is in session, except for one. And there are cameras there, with the same sign in protocol. This is the norm where we are, in New York suburbs. That's not to say this couldn't happen here, but it does seem like the schools here have pretty good security. In fact, upon driving into the High school here, you're stopped outside by a guard and ID'd before entering the parking lot. If schools across the U.S. don't have at least this much security, I think they should. This is not a high-priced area to live in either, so it's not that we've got big bucks here! Not at all.

I'm sorry, but I will not give the parents who are allowing their children to be plastered on National Television after 26 people were murdered in the school they attend a break. We are not talking about teen-aged children who are mentally able to comprehend what just happened, but Elementary aged children. I am 100% against it. I also refuse to watch it. No amount of daze can make me understand why these children are being subjected to this.

MOO

To one person it may be seen as "being subjected," to the children themselves and the parents it may feel fine (and perhaps even therapeutic) to talk about it. Obviously if a child won't talk then they're not interviewed.

One may properly assume the children are talking because they want to and have their parents' permission to talk. I see no harm in that as long as no one is being forced to do something they don't want to do. Talking is healthy. Kids don't view the media like adults do.

So if the perp`s mother is not connected to the school then he randomly chose to kill as many schoolchildren as he could just because? sigh.

If that's the case, it makes me think of that horrific mass shooting of Amish children who were at their own school in PA. I remember the shooter was older and had some significant life change as a "trigger", but he wasn't Amish. His choice of that school seemed random. It was ~5 years ago.

*sighs with you*

I'm sorry, but I will not give the parents who are allowing their children to be plastered on National Television after 26 people were murdered in the school they attend a break. We are not talking about teen-aged children who are mentally able to comprehend what just happened, but Elementary aged children. I am 100% against it. I also refuse to watch it. No amount of daze can make me understand why these children are being subjected to this.

MOO

These weren't parents who brought their children to the scene and encouraged an on air interview. This is a tragedy. It's not fair to judge parents who reacted differently than you feel they should.

That's just outrageous that the press contacted that poor woman! Just as bad as interviewing the children who survived this tragedy. Shameful behavior!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-...ting-suspect/?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=politics

A grandmother of the suspect – who is also the mother of the slain teacher – was too distraught to speak when reached by phone at her home in Brooksville, Fla.
"I just don't know, and I can't make a comment right now," Dorothy Hanson, 78, said in a shaky voice as she started to cry. She said she hadn't heard anything official about her daughter and grandsons. She declined to comment further and hung up

MOO

I agree with you and I have never understood the tendency for the relatives and friends of crime victims to go on TV as one of their first moves after the crime.

A missing person, yes, that I understand, get the word out as frequently and as widely as possible. But anything else, I'd be saying, "Get out of my face, I'm grieving here and the last thing I want to do is go on Good Morning America. Not only do I not feel like it, it is simply not appropriate."

Yet this happens all the time. I truly don't get it.

There was a navy seal on the news yesterday talking about how to survive something like a mall shooting. It might not help small kids or those trapped in a room, but I told my grandkids all his advice this afternoon. Of course the principals and teacher rushed out to help or get help, but it sounds like they they did the opposite of what the navy seal said.

What did the Navy Seal advise people do?

There was a navy seal on the news yesterday talking about how to survive something like a mall shooting. It might not help small kids or those trapped in a room, but I told my grandkids all his advice this afternoon. Of course the principals and teacher rushed out to help or get help, but it sounds like they they did the opposite of what the navy seal said.

Can you tell us some of what he said? I feel like I've prepared my children really well for situations that make them uncomfortable- but how do you prepare your kids for tragedy such as mass shootings?

Matthew Keys &#8207;@TheMatthewKeys
RT @daowens: NewYork City has sent medical examiner box truck. Temporary morgue being set up. #newtown

MOO

I can guarantee they approached as concerned, caring people maybe even saying "I'm a parent too and it would help the nation to understand more if your child shares his story" and the emotional parent just gives in. Don't be too quick to judge a situation you don't know the whole story about.

I do not know much about Autism (Yes, I am ashamed for that) or Asperger's (sp?), but are they typically honors students?

My oldest has Asperger's, and yes, they typically have high IQs. Very bright, intelligent children. She is top of her class at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak