Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On this day, 14 December in 1993, a shooter entered a Chuck-E-Cheese restaurant in Aurora, Colorado, ordered a sandwich, ate it, then hid in the restroom until the business closed for the night, and then re-entered the main dining area and systematically executed five employees at point-blank range.

People are still waiting for justice in that case.

http://component.geolearning.com/co...tml/vspoverview/Rebecca Oakes testimonial.pdf

http://abcnews.go.com/US/auroras-ma...r-wait-justice/story?id=16847013#.UMvzIKzNmSo

In China, today, a man went on a stabbing rampage that left children and an elderly woman injured as they were walking to school.

Last year, a female daycare employee in Shanghai went on a rampage, injuring eight 3-and-4-year-old children with a box-cutter.

In 2010, also in China, a man attacked students with a 10-inch knife as they entered their school. Eight children died and five were critically injured.

http://www.ibtimes.com/school-stabbings-focus-attention-chinas-mental-health-care-system-938335

Let's not forget the horrid mass murder in Norway sometime ago.

Things have been escalating in recent years and I'm afraid we're only looking at the tip of the iceberg. Something is very wrong with people. Very wrong. So much evil.

About today's events, I give the media a big fat ZERO for their appalling coverage of the Newtown horror. From their terrible reporting, incorrect information, their desire to be "first", and their disgusting aggression toward those tiny little children and demanding statements from them, could anyone be more disgusting?

My oldest has Asperger's, and yes, they typically have high IQs. Very bright, intelligent children. She is top of her class at school.

Thank you so much for this response. I honestly do not know much about either. I just know that it has been reported that AL might have had one of the two disorders (is that a proper word?).

I agree with this and I don't mean to sound unreasonable, but if my child had just survived an attack (it was an attack) of this magnitude, my child would not be on television but getting any and all proper care he or she needed immediately after. My child would NOT be subjected to interviews by anyone who was not in a professional setting to deal with such trauma's. I'm sorry, but I just do not understand it. I can not agree with it. Again, I do not mean to sound unreasonable.

I cannot even begin to put myself in these parents shoes. I cannot begin to imagine what they are feeling, therefore, I am not going to pick apart their next move or their choices after they just found out that their child is alive. I pray for each family involved. It is easy for us to say what we would do, but we are not in their shoes at such a tragic time.

This is beyond horrific! OMG those poor children and their families in such a senseless tragedy! I am surprised too that the mother had guns in the home. This is not to debate gun control, it is just surprising to me in the early developments of this case.

I have read conflicting reports about the Mother of the shooter. One said, she may have been connected to the school where she taught. One said she was a teacher at the school, and one said she was a teacher's aide in either a paid or voluntary position. And how about the brother of the shooter being falsely identified as the suspect earlier in the day? Media really needs to work together to verify its data before its printed. This is so sad. Peace and prayers for all affected by this tragedy.

Satch

I do see that my opinion is upsetting people, so I will drop the subject. I do not want people here sitting on their hands. I also do not find anything in the responses to my posts disrespectful or in any way snarky. I am sorry if I have offended people. Again, I will drop it.

sig556-classic.jpg

I'm gonna go out here on a limb and say I have a bit of a difficult time believing this mother had this type of semi automatic assault rifle and ammo just laying around her home..

and this is coming from someone who owns multiple handguns, shotguns, and rifles as well as has a carrying permit and shoots often..but this above type weapon just has zero place IMO and certainly of zero use IMO to by and far the vast majority of women..including one's like myself who are extremwly familiar with many types of handguns, rifles, shotguns..

of course not at all stating its impossible this woman owned these type weapons jmo is its doubtful..again jmo.

It is interesting that the killer went into the principal's office first and shot her instead of walking down the hall to the room associated with his mom. I wonder if his mom had been called off work that day or why he directed his bizarre behavior at the principal.

Not sure. I suspect we'll know much more tomorrow. Except for "why."

and sometimes IMHO there is no reasonable, logical, rational "why" either wfg.

:sigh: breaks my heart

sig556-classic.jpg

I'm gonna go out here on a limb and say I have a bit of a difficult time believing this mother had this type of semi automatic assault rifle and ammo just laying around her home..

and this is coming from someone who owns multiple handguns, shotguns, and rifles as well as has a carrying permit and shoots often..but this above type weapon just has zero place IMO and certainly of zero use IMO to by and far the vast majority of women..including one's like myself who are extremwly familiar with many types of handguns, rifles, shotguns..

of course not at all stating its impossible this woman owned these type weapons jmo is its doubtful..again jmo.
Yep. That is a gun collector's gun. Men are more likely to collect such weapons.

It is interesting that the killer went into the principal's office first and shot her instead of walking down the hall to the room associated with his mom. I wonder if his mom had been called off work that day or why he directed his bizarre behavior at the principal.

We are now getting reports that the mother may have never even worked at the school. So, I don't even know what brought him there?

Again, I am sorry, but I do not agree. They stood there and allowed their children to be interviewed. I already admitted that I may be being unreasonable, but I still don't agree with it. I stand by that.

MOO
This would be about the 10th time you have stated your opinion on the subject. I happen to disagree with you. If the kid wants to talk, I say let them talk. Everyone is different. I imagine it could be cathartic for some. To each their own. It is up to the individual parent and their child. Not up to me to judge.

I do see that my opinion is upsetting people, so I will drop the subject. I do not want people here sitting on their hands. I also do not find anything in the responses to my posts disrespectful or in any way snarky. I am sorry if I have offended people. Again, I will drop it.

Hi Lola - to give you more insight into my opinion, unfortunately my family and I have been hounded by media before due to a tragedy when I was in grade school. The reporters that go after family are heartless and play on their emotions to get to them. It's really disturbing - but they screw with your head.

To one person it may be seen as "being subjected," to the children themselves and the parents it may feel fine (and perhaps even therapeutic) to talk about it. Obviously if a child won't talk then they're not interviewed.

One may properly assume the children are talking because they want to and have their parents' permission to talk. I see no harm in that as long as no one is being forced to do something they don't want to do. Talking is healthy. Kids don't view the media like adults do.

Thank you for this! I can't sit here with my two kids home safe and sound and pass judgement on these parents in their time of need. Why would any of us think we were in a better position to know what is good for those kids then their own parents?

This is not the time or the thread to be arguing parenting issues. Let it go for now. Discuss the case and leave the parents alone. I'm sure the majority of them were acting from a state of shock, grief, and deep pain and probably some relief that their child was not lost to them.

Let it go. This is not the time or the place.

Salem

Daily Mail:

'Units in the pool, I've got bodies here': Shocking audio reveals
gunman's shooting rampage that left 26 dead took only minutes

Mail link includes scanner audio. Harrowing.
The Associated Press ‏@AP
Around the world, shock and sympathy over shooting rampage that killed 26 at U.S. school: http://apne.ws/SXqluM -JM
Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
WNBC reporter: NBC News reporting parents being called in to positively identify children one-by-one

sig556-classic.jpg

Is this one of the guns that was used? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member