Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from dinner and I don't see that anyone caught the part that he went to Dicks Sporting Goods on Tuesday or Wed trying to buy guns. Forgive me if already discussed. They refused to sell him guns. Was this because he was trying to use brother's id and it was expired???? Is that why he had it?

I believe he was planning this and thursday was a dry run or covert operation to plan Friday IMO. But why? Why this school? That is the big question.

Could this be a copy cat crime in it's self? Caused from the mall shooting or something similar that set the idea off in his head and he just thought a school would make his crime more notorious?

JMO- (no link)

there is a 14 day waiting period so he left.
BUT I do believe he was using his brother's ID.

On Miss Soto's teacher webpage, if you go to the newsletters portion, there are newsletters with the children's self portraits. They form a border around her frequent newsletters. We can match those names up to the children's names released and see how many were in there. Her aide, Ms. Murphy, is also listed.

Which leaves us with the long-term sub and an aide in another classroom, where it is likely most of the children perished. And, as I postulated earlier, he may have been looking for that "fourth person" they said wasn't at school that day. I haven't been able to find anything in any newsletters yet that would help determine which class that was.

I agree on the conflicting reports. I heard the same about her telling the gunman her children were in the gym. The parents of Aidan, a student in Miss Soto's class who escaped, were interviewed earlier on CNN but the audio was all screwed up. They said that they would air it again later. They said that he saw his teacher shot and the children rushed the shooter, running by him and out the door. Which is just nothing short of amazing!

Family, friends remember the brave, caring legacy of Sandy Hook teacher [VS], 27

soto.jpg

... “She put herself between the gunman and her students.” ...

... Soto had been teaching at the school for five years — and was adored by her students. She called them her “angels” and delighted the little devil in them by sometimes chewing gum in class, which all the kids knew is a no-no at the school. ...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/newtown-teacher-vicki-soto-remembered-article-1.1221004

On Miss Soto's teacher webpage, if you go to the newsletters portion, there are newsletters with the children's self portraits. They form a border around her frequent newsletters. We can match those names up to the children's names released and see how many were in there. Her aide, Ms. Murphy, is also listed.

Which leaves us with the long-term sub and an aide in another classroom, where it is likely most of the children perished. And, as I postulated earlier, he may have been looking for that "fourth person" they said wasn't at school that day. I haven't been able to find anything in any newsletters yet that would help determine which class that was.

I agree on the conflicting reports. I heard the same about her telling the gunman her children were in the gym. The parents of Aidan, a student in Miss Soto's class who escaped, were interviewed earlier on CNN but the audio was all screwed up. They said that they would air it again later. They said that he saw his teacher shot and the children rushed the shooter, running by him and out the door. Which is just nothing short of amazing!

I think reports of him arguing with four people are completely false. It was denied during the press-conference. He wasn't looking for anyone specifically. I did hear the parents say their boy run past the gunman after gunman shot the teacher (who I believe was Miss Soto). So some of these children managed to run past gunman and escape.

One more before I go to sleep.

I live near the area.
I tended a close friend this week and drove home today.
On the road a big white Mercedes SUV was all over the road.
When I passed her, I saw she was texting while driving. :twocents:

This is reality. :fence:

ABC, NY Times reporters go full-on vulture tweeting friends, family of Connecticut massacre targets

http://dailycaller.com/2012/12/15/a...iends-family-of-connecticut-massacre-targets/

Just got back from dinner and I don't see that anyone caught the part that he went to Dicks Sporting Goods on Tuesday or Wed trying to buy guns. Forgive me if already discussed. They refused to sell him guns. Was this because he was trying to use brother's id and it was expired???? Is that why he had it?

I believe he was planning this and thursday was a dry run or covert operation to plan Friday IMO. But why? Why this school? That is the big question.

Could this be a copy cat crime in it's self? Caused from the mall shooting or something similar that set the idea off in his head and he just thought a school would make his crime more notorious?

The story i read from about him going to buy the gun was that he did not wish to submit to a background check or wait 14 days, so he left with no gun.

http://times247.com/articles/lanza-refused-background-checks-denied-guns

Here is what I could get from listening again.

Brother James Champion.

Le is responding with any help they can give.

Sheriff Downey is speaking.

We share the grief of a community and the nation in the tremendous loss that we all share. Our hearts and prayers are with those that share in this loss. Family, teachers, staff and the students of Sandy Brook Elementary School and first responders and all others touched by this tragedy. ...

The family asks to respect their privacy.

Questions?

No comments about our response to ct le.

Nancy was a very kind and considerate, loving lady. She lived here a good part of her life. She was very lived in the community. She was very well respected.

Can you talk about the Champions in general?

Dottie worked as the school nurse many years. Jim worked for me for many years.

The whole family was traumatized by this event..

Chief saw nancy last year for her brothers retirement party. She moved in 1998.

I provided that link for a quick summary of 11 studies that were all named/identified. You can copy/paste the independent study name & researcher(s) into a search engine to view the complete files.

“Violent video games are like peanut butter,” said Ferguson. “They are harmless for the vast majority of kids but are harmful to a small minority with pre-existing personality or mental health problems.”

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2010/06/violent-video-games.aspx

Again, as I said previously... we do not know his mental health, we do not know any restrictions or precautions that were or were not taken with regard to his mental health - they can only be speculated.

The fact that weapons were kept in the home would suggest that there didn't appear to be much concern to a propensity for violence. Borrowing from the quote above - you wouldn't give someone with a peanut allergy a bag of peanut M&M's.

Thanks for the link from the American Psychological Association. That study by Markey is very interesting and helpful!

There was a Lanza family friend on CNN just now. He said that Nancy told Adam's brother and others who might be watching him to never leave him alone in a room, not even to go to the bathroom.

If Adam needed that much supervision, it seems to me that she really should have kept those firearms somewhere locked up where he couldn't get to them, like in a gun safe.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/father_anguish_jdXaaYbN4MG2AqPjzE5pBM
more at link

For little Jesse Lewis, a day that was supposed to be spent making gingerbread houses became the last day of his short life.

Grieving father Neil Heslin told The Post that before yesterday’s nightmare attack at Sandy Hook Elementary School he had been planning to go to his 6-year-old son’s first-grade class to watch the happy holiday tradition.

But now his son is gone.

“I dropped him off at school at 9 a.m. He went happily,” Heslin said.

“That was the last I saw of him.”

Jesse, who loved math and riding horses, was among the 20 schoolchildren whose lives ended in yesterday’s horrific attack, his dad told The Post

Great find! That would make the other classroom this one. And, she was has been teaching for 23 years. Wonder if AL had her as a teacher while he was there?

Below is the link to the last newsletter the teacher sent out. It makes me feel like vomiting to read this... Gingerbread houses and a class memory book. :(

http://myschooldesk.net/newtown/teachersite.aspx#site.7399_pid.31545_mid.166389

Why would he have been in an altercation trying to gain access to the school the day prior? He obviously didn't have weapons then or people probably would have been killed then?? Was he trying to get to a child? To kidnap? What in the would was he doing?

There was a Lanza family friend on CNN just now. He said that Nancy told Adam's brother and others who might be watching him to never leave him alone in a room, not even to go to the bathroom.

If Adam needed that much supervision, it seems to me that she really should have kept those firearms somewhere locked up where he couldn't get to them, like in a gun safe.

...like in another house! Does seem like an obviously bad combination doesn't it?

and comparing the virtual kill world of a obsessed gamer world to news reports says more about your knowledge of whats going on in that world than it does about that world. you dont know it, or you do and dont want to face reality, imo.

you didnt provide facts. you made an argument. and not a very good one at that.

RSBM & BBM...

You are entitled to your opinion of my intelligence & ability to discern reality from fiction. I'm fairly confident that I am a rational and logical person who prefers to make my assessments based on facts and research. I do not base them on broad sweeping generalizations, knee jerk reaction/fears or discriminatory bias. Not at all implying that you do - I'm clarifying that I do not.

I provided a link to the names of 11 independent scientific studies that were quoted supporting those facts. There are many, many, many more available - a summary was the most efficient means instead of copy/pasting each one individually.

Why would he have been in an altercation trying to gain access to the school the day prior? He obviously didn't have weapons then or people probably would have been killed then?? Was he trying to get to a child? To kidnap? What in the would was he doing?

Maybe "casing the joint"!

I was away from internet but did catch some HLN coverage early in the day. It was a somewhat harrowing day for me - helping a family member move - but my thoughts and prayers were continually with the Newtown community.

On our way home, DH and I listened to Mr. Parker's (6-year-old daughter, Emily)) interview on CNN. This compassionate, faith-filled man included the family of the shooter in his prayers! How many of us would be able to do that when we had lost a child to such violence? I wanted to reach out and hug Emily's father and tell him that his loving, reassuring words will touch many in this season of hope and beyond - even those of us who are not immediately impacted by this unspeakable tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08