Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that he said that he had personally seen NL in November last year. That he hadn't actually seen the Lanza children since they left NH in 1998. I bet someone here has the footage and can clarify!

They announced on CNN that one of the adults killed was a long term substitute teacher who had recently been hired the month before. Ms. Soto, a full time teacher, was killed almost immediately when the killer entered the room. Some of the kids got out of the room and survived. OMG.

The intercom being left on was likely because someone went to announce a full lockdown and wasn't able to do so and the intercom was left on. Maybe that person was killed in the process of alerting everyone. JMO

6:12 p.m.: Rockingham County Sheriff [D] reads a statement from the Champion family, relatives of the Lanza family. “The family of [NL] share the grief of a community and the nation of we struggle to comprehend the tremendous loss that we all share our hearts and prayers are with those who share in this loss the families teachers staff and students of Sandy Brook Elementary school the first responders and to all others touched by this tragedy on behalf of[NL] ’s mother and siblings we reach out to the community of Newtown and express our heartfelt sorrow for the incomprehensible and profound innocence that has affected so many the family requests that you respect their privacy during this time of anguish and loss.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-conn-school-shooting/

They announced on CNN that one of the adults killed was a long term substitute teacher who had recently been hired the month before. Ms. Soto, a full time teacher, was killed almost immediately when the killer entered the room. Some of the kids got out of the room and survived. OMG.

The intercom being left on was likely because someone went to announce a full lockdown and wasn't able to do so and the intercom was left on. Maybe that person was killed in the process of alerting everyone. JMO

One of the parents said they were doing announcements when this happened. It might be the intercom was just on for the announcements.

I expect this is the room where many were shot.

I thought Soto was the teacher who hid her children in a closet and then faced the coward and told him her students had gone to gym? He shot her and moved on? If the accounts I've read so far are accurate, I'm not promising anything right now. eta- details are hazy, I guess.

I thought that he said that he had personally seen NL in November last year. That he hadn't actually seen the Lanza children since they left NH in 1998. I bet someone here has the footage and can clarify!
That is pretty much exactly what he said. Nancy had attended her brother's retirement dinner or celebration and that is when he (the officer speaking) last saw her. And... regarding Adam, the last time he saw him was before they moved in 1998.

I still think it's significant that the shooter had his brother's ID on his person at the time of the shooting. Regardless of his motives for initially acquiring it, I believe that having his brother's ID found on his body was part of the plan.

The shooter's father and brother were both successful in their careers and had little contact with him in recent years. Perhaps his dad had been distant for longer than that. The shooter, on the other hand, had at one time been pulled out of school by his mother and didn't graduate. Maybe he blamed his mother and the school system for his lack of success as an adult and isolation from the men in his family.

Obviously, there's no rational way to make sense of this, but a picture is emerging of a family that is not particularly close. It doesn't seem that the shooter or his mother had much of a support system within their family.

Teacher and victim, Victoria Soto's dog is wandering around her home searching for her. A labrador via CNN

I think Soto is the teacher who hid her children in a closet and then faced the coward and told him her students had gone to gym. He shot her and moved on. If the accounts I've read so far are accurate, I'm not promising anything right now.

I've seen the parents of one of the children say that the children run past gunman after he shot the teacher. I believe Soto was the teacher. After teacher was shot, children run past gunman and were able to escape.

Aww Vicky Soto's dog wandering around looking for her...:tears:

I don't necessarily disagree with your point of view, but it would be good to find sources of research not provided by theesa.com (The Entertainment Software Association).

MORE importantly, does anyone know of research done exploring a possible impact of these video games on mentally unstable people??? I think it would be very, very hard to get a study like that approved, of course.

The question we might be asking, though: Violent video games may have no real impact on normal function individuals, but what impact do they have on a child or adult who has mental illness, such as multiple personality disorder, anxiety, etc...?

I provided that link for a quick summary of 11 studies that were all named/identified. You can copy/paste the independent study name & researcher(s) into a search engine to view the complete files.

“Violent video games are like peanut butter,” said Ferguson. “They are harmless for the vast majority of kids but are harmful to a small minority with pre-existing personality or mental health problems.”

http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2010/06/violent-video-games.aspx

Again, as I said previously... we do not know his mental health, we do not know any restrictions or precautions that were or were not taken with regard to his mental health - they can only be speculated.

The fact that weapons were kept in the home would suggest that there didn't appear to be much concern to a propensity for violence. Borrowing from the quote above - you wouldn't give someone with a peanut allergy a bag of peanut M&M's.

I still think it's significant that the shooter had his brother's ID on his person at the time of the shooting. Regardless of his motives for initially acquiring it, I believe that having his brother's ID found on his body was part of the plan.

The shooter's father and brother were both successful in their careers and had little contact with him in recent years. Perhaps his dad had been distant for longer than that. The shooter, on the other hand, had at one time been pulled out of school by his mother and didn't graduate. Maybe he blamed his mother and the school system for his lack of success as an adult and isolation from the men in his family.

Obviously, there's no rational way to make sense of this, but a picture is emerging of a family that is not particularly close. It doesn't seem that the shooter or his mother had much of a support system within their family.
I've been contemplating if targeting young kids wasn't in part because that is where he saw his problems as starting.

I don't know about the brother yet, but I do think there was at least personal significance. Maybe even just to do exactly what he did to his brother. Make him look bad.

CNN is reporting this. That he tried to get into the school the day before and had an altercation with the assistant principal (who survived) and 3 others and they wouldnt let him in.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/15/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Just got back from dinner and I don't see that anyone caught the part that he went to Dicks Sporting Goods on Tuesday or Wed trying to buy guns. Forgive me if already discussed. They refused to sell him guns. Was this because he was trying to use brother's id and it was expired???? Is that why he had it?

I believe he was planning this and thursday was a dry run or covert operation to plan Friday IMO. But why? Why this school? That is the big question.

Could this be a copy cat crime in it's self? Caused from the mall shooting or something similar that set the idea off in his head and he just thought a school would make his crime more notorious?

Imo, the answer as to why AL was the school the day before the shooting may be the answer to the question that many of us have; WHY?

During the morning press- conference, it was denied. I don't think there was any altercations the day prior at all.

Muddy waters.

[Updated at 6:22 p.m. ET] Earlier reports that the suspected shooter, Adam Lanza, had an altercation with four adults at the school on Thursday have been investigated and are not accurate, according to a law enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation.

Lt. J. Paul Vance of the Connecticut State Police noted in a news conference Saturday that he knew of no reports about Vance being involved in any altercations at the school.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/1...-connecticut-school-massacre/comment-page-17/

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/father_anguish_jdXaaYbN4MG2AqPjzE5pBM
more at link

For little Jesse Lewis, a day that was supposed to be spent making gingerbread houses became the last day of his short life.

Grieving father Neil Heslin told The Post that before yesterday’s nightmare attack at Sandy Hook Elementary School he had been planning to go to his 6-year-old son’s first-grade class to watch the happy holiday tradition.

But now his son is gone.

“I dropped him off at school at 9 a.m. He went happily,” Heslin said.

“That was the last I saw of him.”

Jesse, who loved math and riding horses, was among the 20 schoolchildren whose lives ended in yesterday’s horrific attack, his dad told The Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08