Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was stated by Nancy's sister, according to a link provided earlier in the thread, that Nancy pulled Adam out of school because she did not agree with suggestions the school had about Adam. I wonder if Nancy was one of those that are way too concerned with public appearances? She obviously knew Adam had issues according to the man that was interviewed on CNN, but did she have a problem with other people knowing or even telling her of her son's issues? It's not denial so much as it is wanting to keep up the appearance of a perfect family?

I wonder if he killed his mother before trying to purchase another gun..

I think if she was killed 3 days ago that decomposition would have already started and LE would not make statements that she was killed prior to him going to the school yesterday. Now the night before?? I wonder if she was killed the night before and not that morning.

It was stated by Nancy's sister, according to a link provided earlier in the thread, that Nancy pulled Adam out of school because she did not agree with suggestions the school had about Adam. I wonder if Nancy was one of those that are way too concerned with public appearances? She obviously knew Adam had issues according to the man that was interviewed on CNN, but did she have a problem with other people knowing or even telling her of her son's issues? It's not denial so much as it is wanting to keep up the appearance of a perfect family?

Maybe she had the same issues that many people right here on this forum have with their local schools in trying to get a good IEP in place.
We have no idea.

.... his needing constant supervision doesn't fit with her being a regular at a bar either - but then we are listening to a story from a boy who is discussing Adam; aged 10 as opposed to Adam; aged 20. I'm sure the pieces will start to fall together on this one, dynamic between mother and child certainly seems to be a factor.

Him trying to purchase a gun might have been a false report as well. Why would he need to purchase a gun, considering his mother apparently had purchased a number of guns already?

well, he must have had access to at least one gun. so not clear that he needed to kill her for the cache of firearms. quite a conundrum, isn't it.

When I taught first grade, my students would sometimes say "I hate _______", (fill in blank with name of disliked food or current nonfriend). I would always tell them "Dont say that. Don't say that you hate something or someone, you should only hate something that is evil."

Well I would be at a loss to correct any child who hated this killer or the things he had done. I am grappling with it myself.

I know the excitement of a young teacher teaching first grade (I was once one) and the sheer joy and exuberance of the kids at this time of year. I would even buy bells to put on all my kids shoes so we jingled on our way to recess and lunch. I loved having my kids all gathered around me. I loved how they were so excited each morning to see me.

I can't even imagine the horror that the teacher's felt as they tried to protect their kids by hiding them, closing blinds, locking doors, putting them in closets. Even as I write this, I am trying to figure out what I would have done, where I would have hidden my children, what I would have told them.

In the end, all I can do is pray. I pray for the kids, the teachers, the families and all of the first responders and others who were and will be affected by this. This is so far reaching and devastating.

In regards to whether there was an altercation the prev day with AL

CNN says

http://blog.ctnews.com/newtownshooting/2012/12/15/report/

NBC News is reporting that Adam Lanza, the alleged Newtown school shooter, had an “altercation” at Sandy Hook Elementary on Thursday, the day before the shooting.

Law enforcement sources told NBC News that Lanza, 20, had the “altercation” with four staff members. Details of the altercation were not known.

Sources told NBC News that three of the four staff members involved in the altercation were killed Friday. The fourth staff member involved in the incident Thursday was not at the school that day, and is being interviewed by state and federal investigators, according to the report by NBC News’ Pete Williams.

NBC says;

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...an-forced-his-way-into-school-police-say?lite

The motive for the mass killing was unknown, but officials told NBC's Pete Williams that they were investigating a report that someone had an "altercation" with four staff members at the school on Thursday – three of whom were killed the next day.

:waitasec: So I don't think there is a clear answer. They're saying there was an altercation the day before per officials but they do not specifically say it was AL involved in the altercation. :waitasec: Do they have other people coming to the school having altercations???

It appears this was a false report, so apparently never happened at all.

Not a false report just not clear who they had an altercation with.

I dont think so. They said he killed his mom before going to the school.

He tried to buy the weapon on Tuesday iirc. Since he could not obtain one I believed he was going to steal his mother's firearms and if she saw him doing this I think she tried to stop him and that is when he shot and killed her and then stoled her truck and drove to the school to carry out his rampage.

this happened in my state i live in the central part of the state this was in the western part i used to live 2 towns over from where this happened but moved away when i was only 6. the whole state is in shock numbness, sadness, this person took innocent lives children who will never feel real emotion, middle and high school prom first car first date going off to college maybe to be just a office person or someone who wants to be the next super scientist. they will never get the chance to fall in love and get married have children of there own. parents and siblings Christmas will not be the same for them. we saw the presidential planes fly over my house this afternoon.

what is this world coming to i don't have kids but a few of my cousins have kids and one of them is in kindergarten. parents are thinking hey off to school see u in the afternoon not a phone call a few hours later saying get down to the school something bad has happened.

my heart is breaking for the families for the people who lived in newtown <3 RIP to all the angels who went to heaven yesterday way to soon

I too live in this state about 15 minutes away from Sandy Hook. This is something I never would of thought would of took place. What a sad thing. So, many lives have been altered and many will never be the same.

This only goes to show no town or state, no matter how tranquil is immuned to such evil acts.

During the morning press- conference, it was denied. I don't think there was any altercations the day prior at all.
What did Lt. Vance say this morning? I looked back to my thread notes and seem to have missed it, as I was also involved with spilling coffee at the time and very well might have. This afternoon, he said, "There have been no reports filed regarding any altercation at the school with the individual." Lt. Vance chooses his words carefully - he's been excellent I think - and the key words there would seem to be "no reports."

well, he must have had access to at least one gun. so not clear that he needed to kill her for the cache of firearms. quite a conundrum, isn't it.

We do not know how he gained access to the weapons that he took to the school. I wouldnt be surprised if she had a gun safe and they were locked up and that is why he tried to purchase a rifle on Tuesday. If they were so readily available in the home then why try to buy a rifle?

Imo I think he killed her because she most likely tried to stop him from taking her weapons when she may have seen or heard him breaking into the gun safe.

From what I have read the .223 rifle he used belonged to his mother.

IMO

What did Lt. Vance say this morning? I looked back to my thread notes and seem to have missed it, as I was also involved with spilling coffee at the time and very well might have. This afternoon, he said, "There have been no reports filed regarding any altercation at the school with the individual." Lt. Vance chooses his words carefully - he's been excellent I think - and the key words there would seem to be "no reports."

Exactly! This is what bothers me. If there was an altercation apparently if was felt that the situation was resolved with the individual leaving and thus no LE was called. Very disturbing if true.

He said another sentence before this they don't quote. I was listening.

He said there had been no report made on the altercation. He never said that there wasnt one and yes he does say his words very carefully.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member