Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...But, the reports of her taking the "boys" (plural) seem to be hearsay at this point.

Unless you personally witness her taking boys to the range, anything somebody says is hearsay.
Here is what NYT article about her taking her children target shooting.

“She had several different guns,” he said. “I don’t know how many. She would go target shooting with her kids.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/n...-his-first-victim-recall-her-as-generous.html

Great find! That would make the other classroom this one. And, she was has been teaching for 23 years. Wonder if AL had her as a teacher while he was there?

Below is the link to the last newsletter the teacher sent out. It makes me feel like vomiting to read this... Gingerbread houses and a class memory book. :(

http://myschooldesk.net/newtown/teachersite.aspx#site.7399_pid.31545_mid.166389

Bumping this since another parent said that they were decorating gingerbread houses in Miss Soto's class at 2 p.m. and that they thought all of the classes were doing it that day. The link I posted was to the only teacher I found that had posted anything on her class site. Wanted to correct this ASAP since it could have been another classroom instead of this one. My sincere apologies if the info turns out to be incorrect.

How do you know they didn't mention it?

I will re word.

From all of the interviews I have seen regarding the killer I did not hear anyone say AN could feel no pain at all.
moo

At this point, do we have any solid source that says she took both sons to the range? For example, anyone running a gun range who has confirmed this?

I certainly agree with the anger and alarm felt that a mentally unstable person was in a home with potential access to guns and potentially taken to a gun range. But, the reports of her taking the "boys" (plural) seem to be hearsay at this point.

This would seem to be most likely not true or not recently true if we believe the report that the older brother hasn't had any contact with AL in at least two years. So, maybe she DID many years ago. Perhaps that was before she realized the depths of his problems. Then again, if I had a child with the inability to feel pain, the last thing I'd do would be to have him in such a place.

Oh my, this father talking about his precious 6 year old who was taken yesterday... little blond hair blue-eyed cherub... Numb. Bless him, bless the family.

:waitasec: was that tongue and cheek?
either way...
Some are not fond of the man but he ♥ his kids I will say that! *from what I can tell... no I don't know him...
moo

Yeah I know what you mean...He has a 7 year old daughter and he seems so upset about it.

I don't think his school's district head of security made it up.

"If that boy would've burned himself, he would not have known it or felt it physically," Novia told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "It was my job to pay close attention to that."

http://www.ktiv.com/story/20353986/teacher-says-gunman-was-loner-who-didnt-feel-pain

Which would be reason enough to school your child at home! If she felt they weren't doing enough to provide the safety he needed (wow, that feels odd to say in light of the tragedy), she would have make some sacrifices -- including giving up her job to stay at home with him. I'd do the same for my kids.

Oh my goodness...the school psychologist who was killed graduated high school with my brother, same school we all went to. Small town in NY state. Her name was Mary Sherlach. He must have known her, I have not heard from him yet, although oddly enough he is there, back in the hometown, this weekend. Makes the world feel very small.

I'm so sorry this became more personal for you, and your brother... More sadness, more strength, more prayers.

I just stopped in to say my heart is broken all the way around. From this town....its school...the faculty...the tiny victims and their families...the other students who were also victims in their own way...
I even have compassion for the shooter. And I know that sounds absolutely crazy. But he was very sick to do this. Look at all the hurt and destruction he caused. How terrible.
I feel for his dad and brother...his grandmother. The pain that everyone feels must seem unbearable.
My love and prayers go out to all of these.

I don't think his school's district head of security made it up.

"If that boy would've burned himself, he would not have known it or felt it physically," Novia told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "It was my job to pay close attention to that."

http://www.ktiv.com/story/20353986/teacher-says-gunman-was-loner-who-didnt-feel-pain

wow! Thank you for that!

well, my mind just did a 180!
"allgedly"
Shooting his mom in the face
and
Shooting all those kids so many times...
and having NO IDEA what pain even feels like?

:waitasec: dunno what to say!

I will re word.

From all of the interviews I have seen regarding the killer I did not hear anyone say AN could feel no pain at all.
moo

"A longtime family friend told the New York Daily News that the killer, Adam, had a condition "where he couldn't feel pain."

“A few years ago when he was on the baseball team, everyone had to be careful that he didn’t fall because he could get hurt and not feel it,” said the friend."

http://www.news.com.au/world/feared-dead-in-school-shooting/story-fndir2ev-1226537283734

If we are going to speculate about mental illness, access to weapons, supervision, education and video games we might as well speculate about this alleged condition as well. :twocents:

Unless you personally witness her taking boys to the range, anything somebody says is hearsay.

That's a challenging logic argument. The quality of evidence, including hearsay, is always considered.

This report about the gun range, I believe, is from the landscaper who befriended her at the "bar." Haven't heard it from anyone else. It's something that's neither corroborated nor authenticated (though it could and probably will be).

I'm not saying the trips to the gun range aren't true. They very possibly could be, and I won't be shocked if that's the case in the end. But, I think we ought to give people as much benefit of the doubt as possible. One person having a conversation in a bar could potentially hear either "sons" or "son."

Either way - I feel for posters who are outraged about the potential of gun range trips and am sensitive to people here feeling pain over something which may or may not end up true - too soon to say.

He said another sentence before this they don't quote. I was listening.

What I saw and heard was as he was trying to leave. The reporter asked him the question, and he said 'No'. He said it matter of factly too. jmo

On that recording at 45 seconds: "The front glass is broken out, they are unsure why." That does not sound as though the responding units broke it for access.

By 2:30 the shooting has stopped. After that it is just cataloging the aftermath.

Obvious that AL/shooter broke the glass for entry to carry out his evil deeds. Safety Lock on a Glass entryway is an oxymoron. However anyone wanting to get access to school children could do so very easily at the bus stop or playground, etc. The front door buzzer & locks are simply a false sense of security, imo..

IMO here we have yet again more proof positive that this mother was fully aware of the instability and/or mental disturbances in her youngest son.. so, once more I am even more floored at her openly speaking of her love of collecting a wide range of extremely dangerous artillery as well as ammo in the very home that she shared with her son... MORE TELLING THAT SHE OPENLY EXPRESSED THE ENJOYMENT SHE RECEIVED FROM TAKING HER SON WITH HER TO SHOOT THESE GUNS!!....REALLY WTF?

These actions, words, and behaviors are in zero way consistent, nor in any way do they coincide with one another..in fact just the complete opposite in that her awareness of the severity of her sons problems completely is nonsensical in knowing that she kept such an arsenal of artillery/ammo in their home as well as practiced shooting the guns with this son...

I AM JUST FLOORED!!!

And while I absolutely believe and would hope that we would learn something from such a wide reaching magnitude of tragedy beyond belief...IMO I honestly believe that if NOT ALREADY KNOWN that a severely mentally unstable individual SHOULD HAVE ZERO ACCESSS EVER TO SUCH ARTILLERY/AMMO such as what was not only at this person's fingertips, but also he was basically taught how to do what he went in that school and did yesterday..

so my opinion is that IF the above major point of importance IS NOT ALREADY KNOWN TO ANYONE IN THIS SOCIETY ...well...then my best guess is that for whatever reason those individuals are totally incapable of ever grasping and understanding the importance of it...

jmo, tho.

ATF has looked into these statements, and even visited many of the local gun ranges. They have established that Nancy did NOT take her family to any shooting range within CT. This was aired on CNN earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez