Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another train of thought to throw out there. The media is saying that the "female relative" in the home was shot in the face. If that is true, the location of that GSW could, theoretically, have been self-inflicted. There could be an entirely different angle to this story. I know that we'll likely get plenty of answers in time but one could speculate if he felt someone in particular at that school was responsible for that (if it were the case), that would explain why he chose that location as his target. JMHO

That said, yes, it does seem most plausible to me that he killed his mother at some point before going to the school.

Very interesting post. Definitely thought provoking.

Did you mean to quote some other post because I can't figure out how they relate?

When was she shot? Do we know yet?

Yes, I was intending to response to a post above yours.
:blushing:

Did you mean to quote some other post because I can't figure out how they relate?

When was she shot? Do we know yet?
I assume his body was found in the school with the pistols because the car was still at that school so he had to have shot his mom before. Not sure how long before though.

@WFGoDot: thanks for the post (#5) of the audio clip. I was looking for some indication of how A.L. gained entry. About 0.50 seconds into the clip, someone makes the observation that the front glass is broken. This sounds like it is an observation made from someone at the school, communicating to emergency dispatch. Thanks again, WFGD.

I think he left a note or a video or journal explaining what he was going to do.

I am of the opinion that it is premature to be pickng apart what Nancy Lanza did or did not do with an eye towards her failure to prevent or contibuting to this tragedy.

I find it in poor taste and I liken it to the subtle blaming society sometimes engages in with rape victims.

Not telling others how to post or what to speculate on, just clarifying my own take on that topic.

Is it possible that even though Nancy quit her job to care for him, that she told him she had been fired, so as to not make him feel bad about her having to quit? That could have caused him to be angry at the school, especially if Nancy was sad or depressed about not working any more.

Just thinking in type.

NBC apparently spoke with an Aunt that said the parents had issues with Adam in School and he was pulled out to be home schooled, when asked about the guns Nancy kept, she said Nancy had them incase they needed to protect themselves/survive should something happen.

BBM

:banghead:

And sadly, while we often fear what is "out there" most, the real danger is usually within our very own homes... JMO at this moment ~

Going by what we are hearing right now, Nancy Lanza was shot in the face. I also heard that the children were shot in the face. If true, I find this SO disturbing. Did AL want to see the expressions on his victim's faces just before he shot them? Did he enjoy watching someone's face explode? Or did he want to terrify the remaining children who had just watched him do this to a classmate? Very hard to think about.

He likely went to the school on Thursday as a reconnaissance mission and someone argued with him about getting off the school property. Ugh. Hindsight is 20/20, but imagine if they had called the police to check up on him.

live.cnn.com is showing a screen for a police briefing. Guess it is coming up? Or did I just miss it and they forget to turn the cam off? (No audio right now.)

I didn't read the details of Sandy Hook's security program - is that how it was? Everyone got buzzed in without question???

It's not like that anywhere that I know of. Here, we have cameras installed at the door and you must show ID and give your name and reason for the visit. Big sign next to the "doorbell" asking you to hold your ID up to the camera and then ring the bell.

I'd be surprised if the new security system they installed allowed for 100% access to anyone who buzzed - what would the point of that be?

We don't know. It's just that way in a lot of perceived "safe" communities. It could very well be that they verify people outside before buzzing them in. I've lived in 4 states with buzzer systems, and in each of the four I was usually let in without being talked to through the intercom. I doubt that's how they are *designed* to be used, though.

Tuesday Dec. 8: A.L. Tries to buy a rifle at Dicks Sporting Goods
Thursday Dec. 13: A.L. has an altercation at school.

Interesting. The timeline for planning this, keeps rolling back, day-by-day. Something volcanic ready to blow.

Does anyone have any source for a possible altercation between A.L & the school, a day or two ago? Thanks.

NBC was first to report.

Interestingly, their reporting on it has somewhat shifted with less certainty.

BBM

The motive for the mass killing was unknown, but officials told NBC's Pete Williams that they were investigating whether Lanza is the person who had an "altercation" with four staff members at the school on Thursday.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-tried-to-buy-rifle-days-before-shooting?lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine