Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what might also be interesting? Nancy Lanzo's internet history. Yes, she is a victim, but I wonder if she belonged to any online forums dealing with parents of mentally ill children or anything similar?

Personally, I don't care why he did it. The fact is, he did do it and the reasoning behind it is completely meaningless to me. It should have never been done in the first place. Blaming it on depression issues or mental illness is not going to make me and the rest of the world hate this guy any less. There are many people who live in this world who have severe depression or mental health issues and are just fine. They don't go killing innocent children. There is NO excuse for it, regardless of his emotional, behavioral or mental issues. The gun nonsense is irrelevant to me as well. If he didn't find the guns, he would have found another way to harm or kill. If someone has their mind set to pull off something like this, there ain't no stopping them. I also am sick of the media making this guy the celebrity he wanted to be. I appreciate that some stations are not going to mention his name anymore and will be focusing on the victims instead. However, some of these news stations consistently mention the guys name and it's just going to pull in some other loon to want to pull out a similar hateful act. They are making him a celebrity and it sickens me.

On another note, I am trying to erase the images of this unstable man from my mind and keep the victims in my thoughts. I cannot imagine the pain of these parents, especially so close to the holidays. I don't know how they will ever heal, or if they will ever heal. The woman mentioned in the article below is a true hero, may she and all the other victims of this tragedy RIP.

http://www.examiner.com/article/27-year-old-teacher-victoria-soto-died-shielding-students-with-her-own-body

Is it possible that even though Nancy quit her job to care for him, that she told him she had been fired, so as to not make him feel bad about her having to quit? That could have caused him to be angry at the school, especially if Nancy was sad or depressed about not working any more.

Just thinking in type.

I am not sure she ever worked at that school to begin with.

AL was a computer nerd, gamer, etc. There MUST BE an online footprint of some sort... dark web or otherwise. Could someone show me where to find this (his online history) if it has been previously posted? TIA!

Tuesday Dec. 8: A.L. Tries to buy a rifle at Dicks Sporting Goods
Thursday Dec. 13: A.L. has an altercation at school.

Interesting. The timeline for planning this, keeps rolling back, day-by-day. Something volcanic ready to blow.

Alleged internet post on Wednesday at 2218 hours (10:18 p.m.).

Personally, I don't care why he did it. The fact is, he did do it and the reasoning behind it is completely meaningless to me. It should have never been done in the first place.

I appreciate your viewpoint, however, if I were the parent of one of those slain in this horrific event, the "hows" and "whys" would be extremely important to me. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day. And, I think we as a society need to research and learn about the "hows" and "whys."

AL was a computer nerd, gamer, etc. There MUST BE an online footprint of some sort... dark web or otherwise. Could someone show me where to find this (his online history) if it has been previously posted? TIA!

I'm sure it is prolific, just like Luka Rocco's was.

You know what might also be interesting? Nancy Lanzo's internet history. Yes, she is a victim, but I wonder if she belonged to any online forums dealing with parents of mentally ill children or anything similar?

Yes. This. Victim Nancy Lanza was a teacher. She likely used the internet as a research tool regarding her troubled son and perhaps to find support from others dealing with similar issues with family members.

Investigators will probably glean much from her and son's computers.

I was wondering that too. Driver's license photo maybe? I'm almost positive if he has a record the media would have dug it up by now. They always do!

Oh, btw, welcome to WS!

Adam Lanza has no criminal record, no prior arrests.

You are right on the money! It's very important for them to know that this is a rare incident. That bad things happen to good people but generally most people are good! The anxiety is going to be horrible for all involved. It would be best to do some of the grieving at the school, memorial and such...let the kids go back into the building for other reasons other then school at first. In the end there is never the right answer..but I would agree, closing the school wouldn't be a good idea.

Just jumping off a post with the subject of the kids going back to school:

I agree letting the kids go back to the school for another reason because of regular classes. And if school is opened before Christmas break, I think it should be for grief counseling, non-curricular classes, and totally optional for those who aren't ready to go back. I think they should have a vigil/fundraiser to remodel the parts that this monster came through, where he hurt people. And for God's sake get rid of the glass right by the entrance. Just a thought, if the entrance was totally transformed, it may be easier to re-enter.
My heart breaks for thes families. And I can't seem to tear my crying eyes off the news channels. Sending God's blessings to all involved from WV.

ht_nancy_lanza_kb_121215_wblog.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/ht_nancy_lanza_kb_121215_wblog.jpg

2:30 p.m.: A photo of Conn. shooting victim [NL], the mother of [AL], has been released.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-conn-school-shooting/

Wondering about Nancy L...
If those were indeed her firearms, purchased for her own use (and not AL's hobby/entertainment), I question the purpose. Trying to navigate around this respectfully... For one's home security, a person might have a handgun, in a special "go to' spot in the home. I question the need for 4 (if correct) semi automatic handguns, and a BushMaster. Seriously, a Bush Master? And we all have a reference point for that company, don't we (was the weapon used in the Beltway murders). Bush Master ended up paying out $500,000.00 toward the settlement related to that lawsuit.
I digress. I am sensing some degree of paranoia. Something weird here, that is beyond one having some form of protection for a single mom, who lives in a nice 'leafy' neighborhood.

Is it possible that even though Nancy quit her job to care for him, that she told him she had been fired, so as to not make him feel bad about her having to quit? That could have caused him to be angry at the school, especially if Nancy was sad or depressed about not working any more.

Just thinking in type.

Maybe she was fired/let go due to "issues" with the son in the school system?
causing problems... too many days off visiting mom at the school etc?

I am anxious to learn more about the "homeschooling"

At the age he was when he quit school (if he was so smart and high functioning) why couldn't he do the school work on his own???
just my thoughts

From what's reported, both her and her husband had guns, and she was a gun collector.
Not a usual hobby for a school teacher, but I am not sure it points to paranoia or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine