Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said there had been no report made on the altercation. He never said that there wasnt one and yes he does say his words very carefully.

IMO

That was not all he said. They aren't quoting the whole thing.

Thank you, JodyMT, for your post of a Lanza Family friend's statement.

If the statement is accurate, Nancy's instructions to "never leave Adam alone", suggests that she did, indeed, feel that Adam would harm himself. Some may want to differentiate "harm" from violent behavior; feeling that the words 'violent behavior' is too strong. Violent behavior can be directed inward or outward. Roll the dice. Important that we learn from this situation.

IMO here we have yet again more proof positive that this mother was fully aware of the instability and/or mental disturbances in her youngest son.. so, once more I am even more floored at her openly speaking of her love of collecting a wide range of extremely dangerous artillery as well as ammo in the very home that she shared with her son... MORE TELLING THAT SHE OPENLY EXPRESSED THE ENJOYMENT SHE RECEIVED FROM TAKING HER SON WITH HER TO SHOOT THESE GUNS!!....REALLY WTF?

These actions, words, and behaviors are in zero way consistent, nor in any way do they coincide with one another..in fact just the complete opposite in that her awareness of the severity of her sons problems completely is nonsensical in knowing that she kept such an arsenal of artillery/ammo in their home as well as practiced shooting the guns with this son...

I AM JUST FLOORED!!!

And while I absolutely believe and would hope that we would learn something from such a wide reaching magnitude of tragedy beyond belief...IMO I honestly believe that if NOT ALREADY KNOWN that a severely mentally unstable individual SHOULD HAVE ZERO ACCESSS EVER TO SUCH ARTILLERY/AMMO such as what was not only at this person's fingertips, but also he was basically taught how to do what he went in that school and did yesterday..

so my opinion is that IF the above major point of importance IS NOT ALREADY KNOWN TO ANYONE IN THIS SOCIETY ...well...then my best guess is that for whatever reason those individuals are totally incapable of ever grasping and understanding the importance of it...

jmo, tho.

Maybe she had the same issues that many people right here on this forum have with their local schools in trying to get a good IEP in place.
We have no idea.

I was told by my son's school that even though he had a diagnosed disability & received OT he did not qualify for an IEP because "he wasn't failing any classes". I said, "Fine - the next time you hear from me will be through an attorney who is an expert in Federal education/funding & discrimination laws and through news organizations." Miraculously the principal called the next day with good news that he suddenly qualified.

From what we have heard about Nancy - she did not seem like a wallflower and probably would have gone all mama bear on them too.

JMO

Maybe she had the same issues that many people right here on this forum have with their home schools in trying to get a good IEP in place.
We have no idea.

You could be 100% correct. Maybe it was suggested that Adam be home schooled and Nancy took their advice. Maybe they suggested an alternative school and it upset Nancy. Who wants to know their child is being given up on? We don't know. All we have is statements made by those who knew Nancy personally. Which are very few statements to go on.

I feel nothing but empathy for Nancy Lanza and her family. Her older son. Sister. Brother. Ex Husband. Mother. The entire family. I do not like that I have to question things that were happening in Nancy's home life with Adam. A lot of my posts are simply open ended thoughts about what could have been going on.

I don't want to seem insensitive with my thoughts. I am truly just trying to make some sense... any sense... out of what happened yesterday.

That was not all he said. They aren't quoting the whole thing.
I'm quoting him directly from the afternoon presser. Not sure what the news sources have said. He may well have said something before it though. Wish I knew shorthand.

I'm quoting him directly from the afternoon presser. Not sure what the news sources have said. He may well have said something before it though. Wish I knew shorthand.
This doesn't have a direct quote but he did say several sentences and not just one quoted in the one article about no reports filed.

"Connecticut State Police, however, at a late afternoon news conference said the department had no information that a confrontation took place. As far as a motive for the slaying? "I don't have definitive information we're ready to publicize at this point,'' Vance said."

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/273802/34/NBC-Altercation-at-school-day-before-shooting

Geraldo on fox news is crying :please:
:waitasec: was that tongue and cheek?
either way...
Some are not fond of the man but he ♥ his kids I will say that! *from what I can tell... no I don't know him...
moo

Oh my goodness...the school psychologist who was killed graduated high school with my brother, same school we all went to. Small town in NY state. Her name was Mary Sherlach. He must have known her, I have not heard from him yet, although oddly enough he is there, back in the hometown, this weekend. Makes the world feel very small.

There was a Lanza family friend on CNN just now. He said that Nancy told Adam's brother and others who might be watching him to never leave him alone in a room, not even to go to the bathroom.

If Adam needed that much supervision, it seems to me that she really should have kept those firearms somewhere locked up where he couldn't get to them, like in a gun safe.

It is assumed by some that those statements are based on "mental health issues". However, it was also reported by one of his childhood friends that AL also had either a form of hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy or congenital analgesia - both of which would necessitate almost constant supervision to prevent a potentially life-threatening injury.

Hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Congenital insensitivity to pain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm following the theory, suggested by OceanBlueEyes, FLMom +... Yes, your scenario is a good one. I'm thinking that AL didn't have a car of his own. Nancy must have had to keep a tight reign him. Wonder how he managed to get the car, and drive to Dicks Sporting Goods, on his own? Perhaps that 'errand' might have seemed innocent enough, for Nancy to give him the keys. I'm wondering, what sort of things were happening in the home, in the few weeks prior.

It is assumed by some that those statements are based on "mental health issues". However, it was also reported by one of his childhood friends that AL also had either a form of hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy or congenital analgesia - both of which would necessitate almost constant supervision to prevent a potentially life-threatening injury.

ITA. Insensitivity to pain is actually a very dangerous condition because these children don't realize they are injured. They could also severely injure themselves because they don't feel pain and don't know when to stop.

That might explain a LOT... but it seems like that is something everyone would have known! Brother would have mentioned...friends too!
hmm

IMO here we have yet again more proof positive that this mother was fully aware of the instability and/or mental disturbances in her youngest son.. so, once more I am even more floored at her openly speaking of her love of collecting a wide range of extremely dangerous artillery as well as ammo in the very home that she shared with her son... MORE TELLING THAT SHE OPENLY EXPRESSED THE ENJOYMENT SHE RECEIVED FROM TAKING HER SON WITH HER TO SHOOT THESE GUNS!!....REALLY WTF?

At this point, do we have any solid source that says she took both sons to the range? For example, anyone running a gun range who has confirmed this?

I certainly agree with the anger and alarm felt that a mentally unstable person was in a home with potential access to guns and potentially taken to a gun range. But, the reports of her taking the "boys" (plural) seem to be hearsay at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx