Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion, who should be confined? At what point do we make that call? Just an honest question.
The person that should be confined is an individual with a history of persistent mental illness, a history of medication noncompliance, a history of day hospitalization non-compliance or failure, and a history of violence/rage/unpredictable frightening behavior.

Reminder
NO airtime to the protesting group that surfaces from time to time.
Also be sure to take any gun control discussion to the appropriate thread.
Thanks.

Yes but if you read the article it says they cannot confirm if NL brought AL there and even if she did they dont know if he shot there..... IMHO

Thanks, yes I did read that...my reason for posting this at all was I thought there was some discussion last night here that it had been reported none of the family had been to a range. Thanks again.:seeya:

Thanks for the link, Nana.. as Kimpage correctly mentions in above quoted post that this particular article does not state that mom had her son at the range shooting with her...however, we have more than one source(direct quotes from the sources) that mom was very open, uninhibited in expressing the enjoyment she received from not only being an avid gun collector, but more importantly enjoyment in taking both her sons to the range for them ALL TO SHOOT the firearms..

so, IMO I see no reason why the mother would be lying and saying she took her son(s) to the range to shoot guns from her collection if she in fact was not doing so..IMO, if anything, seems to me that one would be more likely to lie about HER NOT ALLOWING HER SON TO SHOOT THE GUNS(when truthfully she had allowed him to shoot)..I just find it IMO very likely that mom was truthful in her sharing with others the enjoyment she received from her and her son(s) shooting at the range..

jmo, tho, of course.

I had not heard this

60 minutes reporting that the computers in the mothers home was "smashed".

Mother was found in her bed,deceased.
yes, this is new info to me as well concerning the home computers were found to have been destroyed(or at least attempts to destroy) via smashing/trashing them in some manner..

IMO I honestly can think of only one logical conclusion that i come to in now knowing this info.. that being that obviously there IS SOMETHING on those computers that he did not want others to discover or know....

Now, what that SOMETHING could be is IMO anyone's guess as IMO the mindset of the individual we are speaking of was quite obviously not rational, logical, or any other healthy descriptor of a person's state of mind..jmo..and in that being the case that SOMETHING could be something absolutely irrelevant, unimportant, and meaningless to the case(of even meaningless in general)... or.... IMO it could actually be of some type importance to the case that could/would shed a better light on what or why this individual was determined to carry out such a horrific of epic proportions tragedy at the elementary school around the corner from his home..

moo is that theres a very good chance that the damage inflicted on the home computers may be actually more aesthetically damaging, rather than internally damaged...this hopefully allowing the investigators to still retrieve all of the computers data...at least that's my hope at this time..

jmo.

Or the destroyed hard drive is just a red herring. He knew they would spend so much time focusing on and trying to piece that back together that maybe they would be distracted from other things, or maybe he just did it for the thrill, knowing that a technician somewhere would live and breathe that hard drive until he got enough info extracted to find....nothing at all of any substance.

I know we're not supposed to post things that we know are erroneous or misleading or whatever. However, I'm hoping the mods will make an exception in this case. I feel like vomiting. I'm not going to share the link. However, there is an article in the New York Daily News that makes me want to vomit. You'll have to go find it yourself. Please, please, please don't be misled. JR is in Newtown and is posing as "Jonathan Lanza." He's made up an entire story about how he's AL's uncle. There's pictures of him there and everything.

Disgusted. Please don't give this guy any press. He's sick.

POTUS: "Let the little children come to me, Jesus said..."

POTUS now reciting the first names of the children..."God has called them home."

I know we're not supposed to post things that we know are erroneous or misleading or whatever. However, I'm hoping the mods will make an exception in this case. I feel like vomiting. I'm not going to share the link. However, there is an article in the New York Times that makes me want to vomit. You'll have to go find it yourself. Please, please, please don't be misled. JR is in Newtown and is posing as "Jonathan Lanza." He's made up an entire story about how he's AL's uncle. There's pictures of him there and everything.

we have linked him. If you can direct me to this being a scam I will remove the conversation regarding that article.

60 Minutes is airing tonight on the Sandy school incident

I really wished the media would just leave these people alone to process this scary ordeal and give them respect

They were interviewing the school nurse and you could tell she did'nt seem to want to be there tonight

Parents, just tell the media NO to interviews until you feel good and ready, if at all

I hate so much that it took a tragedy like this shooting for something to finally be done about crimes against children etc but THANK YOU President Obama for finally doing what needs to be done. This is why I love him. <3

Obama: "In the coming weeks I will use whatever powers this office holds&#8230;in an effort aimed at preventing more tragedies like this."

My gf tried to take her son into ER a dozen times or more when her son was suicidal. Every single time they would get there the doctor would say- are you going to kill yourself or are you contemplating suicide? He would say "no" and that was the end of it.
Often nothing can be done until it is too late or they have done something illegal. I can only speak for CA- but it is very difficult to get someone committed involuntarily. If they are not doing anything actively that is a danger to others- then the thought police cannot do anything at all.
Involuntary commitment is a slippery slope.
As you say, the men you worked with were already incarcerated- presumably because they did something wrong. Prior to that- unless they actively seek it out or agree to be hospitalized it is nearly impossible to get done on a hunch or a fear- even if founded. The resources are there but the MI have to get onboard and the catch22 is that they are MI and don't always get it.

I truly don't know what the answer is because I would not want someone to be able to commit me on the word of another person only. KWIM?

I wanted to go into inpatient care when I was at my lowest and wanted to die (though I wouldn't have actually attempted suicide). They refused me. The best they could do for me was to get me an appt. with my regular psychiatrist. In a month.

WTF does it take to get these people to take this stuff seriously?? How did this system become so broken??

Nancy Lanza Was Devoted, Loving Mother: Friends
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...cut-Devoted-Loving-Friends-Say-183720251.html

In fact, Nancy Lanza was so devoted to her 20-year-old son she was preparing to sell her home and follow him to college anywhere in the country he wanted to go, according to John Bergquist, who had known her for about two years.

"I just know she spoke very lovingly of him," he told NBC 4 New York Sunday.

If I am correct, he went to college already. Unless, he wanted to transfer to another college.

Adam Lanza would also go through crises that would require his mother to come to school to deal with. Such episodes might involve "total withdrawal from whatever he was supposed to be doing, be it a class, be it sitting and read a book," said Richard Novia, the tech club adviser.

At the My Place bar where Bergquist would meet Nancy Lanza about once a week, the bar's owners, brothers Mark and John Tambiscio described Adam Lanza as socially awkward.

"It was hard to interact with him. He was very fidgety and really couldn't make eye contact," said Mark Tambiscio.

Bergquist dismissed reports Nancy Lanza was a survivalist who was stocking up on weapons.

"I know she had firearms and enjoyed target shooting. She didn't hunt," he said. "She was the picture of a responsible gun owner."

I know we're not supposed to post things that we know are erroneous or misleading or whatever. However, I'm hoping the mods will make an exception in this case. I feel like vomiting. I'm not going to share the link. However, there is an article in the New York Times that makes me want to vomit. You'll have to go find it yourself. Please, please, please don't be misled. Jonathan Lee Riches is in Newtown and is posing as "Jonathan Lanza." He's made up an entire story about how he's AL's uncle. There's pictures of him there and everything.

Need some help here grasshopper. this story is everywhere. where are you getting your info?

Idk where Grasshopper is getting it, but the guy is known for filing lawsuits in which he had zero involvement. Thousands of lawsuits.

A few french fries short of a Happy Meal , he is. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please do not ask for a link, I do not have one because it was stated during a presser by Lt Vance. Someone specifically asked about a second person put into hand cuffs at the school possibly in camo pants and the LT said it was not true. It was false reporting period.

Not a direct quote.
From the coverage the day of the shooting. Notes below the URLs are mine.

Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School; Shooting Suspect Dead at the Scene.
Aired December 14, 2012 - 11:30 ET
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/14/cnr.06.html
Several mentions of the claim that someone in camo was handcuffed and held at the scene. No confirmation from LE that person had anything to do with the shooting or any information about him.

Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School; Shooting Suspect Dead at the Scene; Second Man Found in Woods Behind School; More Than 20 Casualties in Shooting, Mostly Children.
Aired December 14, 2012 - 13:30 ET
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1212/14/cnr.10.html
Mention of the man taken into custody but no additional information.

I didn't find any further mention of this man. He was probably cleared and LE does not want any repercussions to him being associated with the event.

ok I am going to remove everything related to this dude.
if it can be substantiated I can always restore.
better safe than sorry, because he is blasting information everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member