Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to go into inpatient care when I was at my lowest and wanted to die (though I wouldn't have actually attempted suicide). They refused me. The best they could do for me was to get me an appt. with my regular psychiatrist. In a month.

WTF does it take to get these people to take this stuff seriously?? How did this system become so broken??

My 16 y/o was dx with depression. Meds helped for about 6 weeks then her bf broke up with her. She sat on the couch and cried day after day..couldn't eat, kept throwing up. Said she wished she were dead. I took her to crisis and they talked her out of being admitted. She's a very mainstream, good kid and they said the kids in the hospital would be very scary. In her case it was the right decision..we changed her meds and upped her therapy but it's a nightmare to try and get help. If I didn't have insurance we would be screwed.

ok... I gotta ask!
It sure sounds like mom got out of the house
pretty often. Playing Bocca ~or whatever it was
and then the bar.

How did mom go to "My Place" bar if her son had so many issues?
Sounds like she was there several times a year.
Was she able to leave him alone?

We have heard the high school employee say he had to
watch him or he could get burned and not know it...
?___________________________________________________?
We also heard lately he had been burning himself with lighters.

What happened after high school and before his killing spree?
How did he not burn the house down when mom was gone?

And I know some meds that treat disorders cause people to be "frail"
but this dude was "Michael Jackson frail" IMO (from the one gaunt pic I saw)
Will we ever hear anything about his autopsy?
height? weight?

I am not doing anything but asking questions here.
Asking for others OPINIONS ONLY....

Did he have a "sitter"?
Was this whole he will harm himself bull honky?

Was he just anti social and prefer to be left alone?
(that is what I think... He was left alone because he asked to be../)
I guess I have to wait for that answer

A young man was interviewed who said he was a friend of the older brother, and said he used to babysit for AL to keep "an extra pair of eyes on him".

However this was the same one who said NL went to Lowes and bought mittens for folks living in NY in September after 9/11, so take that as you will....

NY Daily News identifying him in 2 photos as "a man who identified himself as JL, the uncle of the shooter AL."

However, the same NYDN article quotes an AL and does not bother to distinguish whether or not these quotes are from the man who identified himself as the uncle in the photos.

Way to go, NY Daily News!

It took 3 "journalists" to write that article and not one could bother to confirm such an individual's identity.

SNEAKY wording. This is the WORST kind of reporting!

Thanks again everyone- that was some great team work and I could not have gotten it all offboard without those of you that alerted- sent me notes and posted info.

you are all deputized to keep this dude off the board. I promise you it will be posted again by someone that has no idea. So be nice- but let them know to remove and alert on the post.

Just spoke with the "city desk" at NY Daily News, and explained what was going on, and who JLR is. I asked him to contact the reporter, and let him know right away.

Dr Ludwig on HLN said mother/son spent TO MUCH TIME together.
Did he hate her for it? like smothering him? helicoptering over him? JMOO
Now smashing the family computers in the home..........
there must be ALLOT of info on them....IMOO that he wanted
no one to know.
Did AL really kill his hard drives???? or just smash computers?
AL was in a RAGE to overkill mother with 4 shots to her head.
Then have enough ammo to hurt allot of children.
Thank goodness he was stopped!

Was he just anti social and prefer to be left alone?
(that is what I think... He was left alone because he asked to be../)
I guess I have to wait for that answer

sbm. bbm.
I can't handle when someone does this. The term you are looking for is asocial which means quiet/introverted. His actions on friday were anti-social, but you are talking about how he was prior to his rampage in your post.

carry on!

The game is called Bunco and is a dice game that, if I remember correctly, she played with her friends. As far as getting out of the house and going to "My Place", so what? This was a responsible Mother who went out every now and then. Also, there was absolutely no signs that she and Adam weren't coping with what they had to cope with.

Adam Lantz was not ignored by his Mother. Nancy Lantz, by all accounts I have read, was always there for him. That said, there will be questions regarding Adam Lantz himself that will never be answered or answered enough.

jmho

I never said she wasn't responsible.
It just really sounds like he was
not as "needy" as I have heard.
He just chose to be left alone.

BBM
I agree NL was coping...

sbm. bbm.
I can't handle when someone does this. The term you are looking for is asocial which means quiet/introverted. His actions on friday were anti-social, but you are talking about how he was prior to his rampage in your post.

carry on!

touche' !
that is the more appropriate term
Thanks!

I wonder if he had a valid drivers license?
Maybe he took brothers so he could drive?

The human brain is extremely complicated and the science of psychology is little more than a century old. Some would say psychiatric treatment is more an art than a science. It just isn't that accurate, I'm afraid.

And as JBean wrote above, committing people right and left on the say-so of their relatives opens up an entirely different can of worms.

Please know I don't want to "commit people right and left" based on the relatives. I just want to believe that a parent (mother/father) wouldn't do that. Stupid on my part maybe?

Dr Ludwig on HLN said mother/son spent TO MUCH TIME together.
Did he hate her for it? like smothering him? helicoptering over him? JMOO
Now smashing the family computers in the home..........
there must be ALLOT of info on them....IMOO that he wanted
no one to know.
Did AL really kill his hard drives???? or just smash computers?
AL was in a RAGE to overkill mother with 4 shots to her head.
Then have enough ammo to hurt allot of children.
Thank goodness he was stopped!
Did Dr. Ludwig know Mrs. Lanza? If not, he needs to spend some time in a locked psych unit. Lots of patients are violent towards the nursing staff and psych techs and it isn't because they have spent too much time with the staff. There are people born with psychopathology or the predisposition to develop severe psychopathology and nobody "caused" it.

Injection therapy given by the community mental health center to the rescue! The first long-acting antipsychotic injection is always the toughest, but very necessary when the patient is noncompliant. These are especially beneficial to those experiencing their first psychotic episode, those with severe psychopathology, and those with comorbid substance abuse. Once the patient is not psychotic or violent, it is much easier for them to be encouraged to take their next month's injection. These must, of course, be given on schedule. There are currently five different such medications. The caretaker should also be provided with short-acting antipsychotic medications in case there are acute severe behavioral problems thare\\t occur at home.

So a mother can give an "adult" child these injections without any resistance? Thank you I had no idea. I had a friend who was an adult who absolutly refused to take his meds. He is no longer with us (thankfully he took no one else with him). I'm wondering if his parents knew they coud just give him a shot?

Guys I know your intentions are, as always, the best.
But please do not launch any campaigns for a mass effort regarding this or any other situation. (read letter writing or phone calls)
The newspaper has been contacted and hopefully the truth will shake out soon.

thanks again- you guys are awesome.

I'm not sure Anderson Cooper will get through the names. :(

Transcript of the President's remarks at Newtown tonight:

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Newtown_School_Shooting/59285836

“Let the little children come to me,” Jesus said, “and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”

Charlotte, Daniel, Olivia, Josephine, Ana, Dylan, Madeline, Catherine, Chase, Jesse, James, Grace, Emilie, Jack, Noah, Caroline, Jessica, Benjamin, Avielle, Allison, God has called them all home.

For those of us who remain, let us find the strength to carry on and make our country worthy of their memory. May God bless and keep those we’ve lost in His heavenly place. May He grace those we still have with His holy comfort, and may He bless and watch over this community and the United States of America.

"people" are already posting comments to "the article", indicating that the man in photo is JR.
Delete this post if appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member