Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some messages back, maybe in an earlier thread there was a post with a link about the Aurora theater killer's father and Peter Lanza both being in finance and being scheduled to testify aBout LIBOR scandals.

This article addresses that claim:
Newtown Conspiracy Hoax Spreads Fast Across Fringe
Benjy Sarlin December 17, 2012, 3:33 PM 32137

A false rumor spreading rapidly on fringe sites like Infowars and assorted Ron Paul messageboards ties the school murders to an existing hoax surrounding the Aurora, Colo. movie theater shooting. After that attack, conspiracy theorists fixated on the accused shooter’s father, Robert Holmes, pointing to media reports that he worked as an anti-fraud scientist for credit scoring company FICO.

Somehow, a rumor surfaced online that Holmes was scheduled to testify before the Senate on the Libor banking scandal before the theater shooting. It wasn’t true: no such hearing was ever scheduled to take place, nor is there even an obvious connection between FICO and the Libor scandal, which involved a number of high-profile banks misreporting interest rates on transactions. But imaginative commenters across dozens of sites exploited the phony connection anyway, concocting a theory in which the hearing was set to reveal a massive new fraud scheme before being deliberately derailed. Getting deeper into the weeds, some sites noted that The Dark Knight Rises — the movie playing during the Aurora shooting — featured a plot point revolving around financial fraud.

In the case of Newtown, Peter Lanza, the alleged shooter’s father, reportedly also worked in finance as vice president of taxes at GE Financial Services. Within hours, the same online forums were asserting as fact — again, 100 percent without evidence — that he too was supposed to testify before the Senate regarding Libor. Like FICO, GE has no obvious connection to the investigation, which has roped in various other financial institutions. And once again, there is no “witness list” that includes Lanza because there isn’t even a hearing on the issue.

“This rumor is 100% false,” a Senate Banking Committee aide, who asked not to be named, told TPM by email. “The Senate Banking Committee does not have any LIBOR hearings currently scheduled, and has never considered either of these men as potential witnesses.”

More: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/newtown-libor-hunger-games-theories.php?ref=fpb

BBM

From Nancy Grace's show (i know, I know. lol)

Richard Novia (the head of security until 2008 at Newton High School): Aspergers was part of it and there were other mental disorders that he (the killer) dealt with. I interacted with that boy for several years. I can testify to this.

I wonder why the head of security was interacting with the killer when he was a student.

"ASPERGERS" was a ruse IMO!!!

IMO this killer didn't have Aspergers...
misdiagnosed maybe but NO no no...

Head of security???
To keep a high schooler from being "bullied"???
And might I add a school psychologist to monitor him full time, guidance counselors, administrators...Flagged by school security chief....
problems more severe than most...
MOM was called to school to handle problems only a mother could???
(I'm sorry WHAT does this mean??? WAS he incontinent?
the same child that wouldn't let mom in his room when he was sick???)
***this story does not add up! no way no how!!
He was withdrawn from school because of the inadequate care and attention he was receiving????
(...... nevermind)
"He recalled meeting with school guidance counselors, administrators and with the boy's mother, Nancy Lanza, to understand his problems and find ways to ensure his safety. But there were others crises only a mother could solve."

"Adam Lanza "could take flight, which I think was the big issue, and it wasn't a rebellious or defiant thing," Novia said. "It was withdrawal."
(he could "take flight" to withdraw...)

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
am I even making sense?
this was "deep" seated issues... IMO
http://www.capitalbay.com/uk/283265...-babysitter-never-turn-your-back-on-adam.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/15/adam-lanza-pain-loner-teacher_n_2308641.html

IMO IMO IMO...

He was vegan because he didn't want to harm animals?

Cool! It is neuroscientist Dr. Fallon on Dr. Drew's show. He is a cousin of Lizzie Borden and has the same PET scan abnormalities as psychopathic killers that he has studied. He, unlike the killers that he has studied, had protective factors (a loving family) and although his brain is abnormal in the same areas as psychopaths, he can feel empathy.

Interesting. I would like to see a PET scan of someone like Jerry Sandusky, Casey Anthony, Lori Drew, Antoinette Davis, Fred Phelps, Melinda Loveless, Laurie Tackett, Hope Rippey, Toni Lawrence, etc. Not surprised that having a loving family is protective factor. Many infamous figures I have noticed did not come from loving families, which are dysfunctional and even abusive in nature.

We are hearing snippets of casual conversations between Nancy L and her friends; where she shares some of her frustrations and concerns about AL. Yet in no where within the context of these short ''snips' of dialogue, is there any discussion of something like, "Yes, we are going to meet with a new therapist, so I am hopeful", or "Well, we are starting a new medication, and it sounds promising". By her friend's account, Nancy seems quite willing to share her very personal concerns about her relationship with AL. Just seems odd that there was never any talk of his treatment. Seems like that would have been a rather routine topic of discussion. Perhaps more so than some of the personal aspects of her relationship with AL.

Kind of makes me wonder, if Nancy tried to 'go it alone', because she felt confident she really knew her son. Knew what made him tick. After all, she had been is care giver, teacher, mentor, all those years. She got him through his early years, middle school, home schooled him, had a successful interval at college - perhaps she simply continued to have faith in her ability to 'just do it'.

I just get the queezy feeling, that there was no mental health professional involved. Which makes me feel all the more sadness for that situation.

Only basing this thought on the little fractured bits of conversations that are relayed to us. So... just a thought.

I am actually a little upset the way they said things to my daughter at school. When I went to pick her up on Fri I was upset and when she asked why I told her a bad man had hurt little kids around her age at a school. She asked some questions and I answered them. I told her the bad man was gone and wouldn't be able to hurt her. I told her if anything ever happened at her school to listen to her teacher and follow her instructions. Somehow the gun debate came up and my daughters teacher decided to tell the kids guns were bad, now my daughter has never seen guns, but she does know her dad (my ex) was in the Army. I still keep pictures of him up in her room and of course he has them up at his house. I have always told her to be proud of her daddy he fought for this country. He has had some issues with PTSD and has had to go through treatment which has taken him away from her. They have been rebuilding and it has been going really well until tonight when she told me her daddy was a bad man because he used guns to kill people. It has been a melt down here for a couple hours. I know her teacher didn't mean to do it, but why couldn't she have added that some good guys use guns like police and military? We no longer live in a military town, but still I was upset and felt like it is common sense. I am one of those people who loves teachers, but in this situation I wish the teacher would have either let it be or not said bad guys use guns to hurt people without adding sometimes good guys use them too.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. If it were me this is what I'd do.

I'd talk to the teacher and tell her what my daughter related to me. (there is a possibility daughter misunderstood in the context of things, mine did often but that's another story).

Then I'd explain to the teacher how this affects me and her relationship with her dad. I'd then ask the teacher to sit with me and daughter and clarify what she meant.

Perhaps that's all it will take. I hope so.

Some messages back, maybe in an earlier thread there was a post with a link about the Aurora theater killer's father and Peter Lanza both being in finance and being scheduled to testify aBout LIBOR scandals.

This article addresses that claim:

BBM

The same conspiracy nonsense was perpetuated regarding Kevin Krim, father of the 2 babies that were murdered by the nanny in Manhattan.
Guess some people just have nothing to give the world but headaches.

This woman wrote a blog entry with the name of a recent mass murderer and said she was his mother. She directly linked her son with AL. What kind of self esteem or strength or state of mind can that kid possibly be getting there? The more I think about what this woman did, the more it just sickens me.

What is the likelihood that the kid is going to read the blog?? Doubtful very doubtful. Honestly I really and truly believe that she is trying to bring mental illness to light. There are a lot of people out there that don't believe that it gets this bad. People who don't have to live it everyday don't know what it is like.

I wonder since AL was planning to go to college and get serious about engineering studies..He already had a taste of college life at 16....I'm wondering if he got turned down from schools for having a possible diagnosis/disability or did'nt get a good recommendation from the schools he attended?

Going to college was a pretty big deal for AL and NL from the reports I've read...She would've moved wherever he was going to go, no matter how far away...Could this have led to the shootings?

I read as recently as this year AL and his Mom were really excited about the new transition of looking seriously into engineering programs in college...I'm wondering if this "huge" moment in their lives, a big step forward, came crashing down with Adam's issues, maybe the stress of a "big change"...

Maybe Adam got turned down recently from some schools and having such big expectations to become successful like his parents, other family friends, that the possible rejections from colleges was too much to handle?

Here's the story. He obviously was very bright to get into a college at 16 years old

The gunman in the Connecticut elementary school slaughter was a college student at the age 16, earning A's in computer science and American history classes.

Adam Lanza, 20, was enrolled in Western Connecticut State University from 2008 to 2009, officials at the Danbury school confirmed Sunday.

"He started in summer of 2008 when he was 16," college spokesman Paul Steinmetz told the Daily News.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2FMPdR5Uq

We are hearing snippets of casual conversations between Nancy L and her friends; where she shares some of her frustrations and concerns about AL. Yet in no where within the context of these short ''snips' of dialogue, is there any discussion of something like, "Yes, we are going to meet with a new therapist, so I am hopeful", or "Well, we are starting a new medication, and it sounds promising". By her friend's account, Nancy seems quite willing to share her very personal concerns about her relationship with AL. Just seems odd that there was never any talk of his treatment. Seems like that would have been a rather routine topic of discussion. Perhaps more so than some of the personal aspects of her relationship with AL.

Kind of makes me wonder, if Nancy tried to 'go it alone', because she felt confident she really knew her son. Knew what made him tick. After all, she had been is care giver, teacher, mentor, all those years. She got him through his early years, middle school, home schooled him, had a successful interval at college - perhaps she simply continued to have faith in her ability to 'just do it'.

I just get the queezy feeling, that there was no mental health professional involved. Which makes me feel all the more sadness for that situation.

Only basing this thought on the little fractured bits of conversations that are relayed to us. So... just a thought.

This tells us that he was possibly getting care at one point, because he had been diagnosed according to the Lanzas.

Marriage therapist and mediator Paula Levy recalled Monday that during about 10 two-hour sessions, Nancy and Peter Lanza were respectful of each other and concerned about their son's needs. She says the couple told her Adam Lanza had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism, and they spent considerable time talking about how to provide for his well-being.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ncy-lanza-didnt-like-to-leave-son-adam-alone/

I have actually met plenty of extreme animal rights activists who have stated they'd rather people get shot and killed than animals.

I agree. Certainly not lumping all animal rights activists together, but the movement does seem to attract some rather vocal misanthropes and provide an outlet for their hatred of humans.

I'm not saying all animal rights activists, just a particular sub-group.

I know this is probably far out there but I remember reading somewhere that NL was getting ready for doomsday? That's why she was building up her arsenal. Does anyone remember that?

If that's the case could AL have thought he was saving her and the children from disaster?........

Naw guess that doesn't make too much sense.

My understanding, if reports are true, is that she was preparing for a financial collapse.

Now, did that prepping, coupled with whatever mental issues AL was dealing with, cause AL to have been sensitive to the 12/21 "end of the world" concept and, as you questioned, "thought he was saving her and the children from disaster"? I have wondered that as well.

Hope we'll be given sufficient info about his suspected motivation/thoughts/gameplan.

There are some who practice religions that do not believe in seeking medical care. Do we know anything about their religion?

My understanding, if reports are true, is that she was preparing for a financial collapse.

Now, did that prepping, coupled with whatever mental issues AL was dealing with, cause AL to have been sensitive to the 12/21 "end of the world" concept and, as you questioned, "thought he was saving her and the children from disaster"? I have wondered that as well.

Hope we'll be given sufficient info about his suspected motivation/thoughts/gameplan.

How is he saving children by killing them?

When I worked in a psych hospital in San Diego,after the 72 hour hold,they had a hearing right at the hospital and then you could put the person on a 14 day hold. After that most people signed in voluntarily. As you probably know,most of the patients don't enjoy being paranoid,and hallucinating. They only go off the meds because of the side effects or in the case of someone who is bipolar,enjoy the early phases of mania.

Question for you Pensfan,in your experience did you ever feel like their were some patients who are truelly "evil",not crazy. I had one patient,who to this day,I think he was possessed,as crazy as that sounds. I get the chills just thinking of him,and I saw every kind of crazy,but their was something different about this one.
Yes and I don't think that is crazy to think someone is filled with evil. I had one patient that killed his family member and stated that he was experiencing hallucinations. He growled when he was displeased, but he didn't have any symptoms of mental illness. He had a long history of injuring people. He made me feel very anxious. He had two police officers stationed outside of his door 24/7 and all the staff were very grateful for this.

Dogs arrive in Newtown to comfort survivors
December 16, 2012
By Associated Press
CHICAGO — A team of golden retrievers made an 800-mile journey from the Chicago area to Newtown, Conn., over the weekend to comfort people affected by the shootings Friday at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Lutheran Church Charities sent about 10 of the dogs for residents who want to pet them while they talk or pray with the dog’s handler, said Tim Hetzner, president of the Addison, Ill., organization.

“Dogs are nonjudgmental. They are loving. They are accepting of anyone,” Hetzner said. “It creates the atmosphere for people to share.”

The dogs often visit people in hospitals, nursing homes and parks. Each dog carries a business card with its name, Facebook page, Twitter account and email address.

“The dogs have become the bridge,” said Lynn Buhrke, 66, who is a dog handler for a female golden retriever named Chewie. “People just sit down and talk to you.”

More: http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...2012/12/dogs_arrive_newtown_comfort_survivors
:hug:

When a person is ill, you call a rescue squad, not the cops.

JMO

And when the said ill individual gets violent with the rescue squad who do you call?? The police of course.

Also if he is in the hospital and he gets violent, most hospitals will call their security guards before the doctor even sees them.

Unless your in the shoes of a parent who has a mentally ill child, I would not judge them. It has got to be the most trying, hard, difficult position to be and I would not wish it on anyone.

And honestly this conversation is pointless, because it is taking time away from the horrible tragedy. This should be about the victims,and not about whether a women is doing a blog on the correct things. Honestly she was trying to bring a real issue to light, and I am sorry to those of you who can't understand this, and criticize her for doing it. You may not totally grasp how difficult it is to raise a mentally ill child in today's mental health system.

This tells us that he was possibly getting care at one point, because he had been diagnosed according to the Lanzas.

Marriage therapist and mediator Paula Levy recalled Monday that during about 10 two-hour sessions, Nancy and Peter Lanza were respectful of each other and concerned about their son's needs. She says the couple told her Adam Lanza had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism, and they spent considerable time talking about how to provide for his well-being.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ncy-lanza-didnt-like-to-leave-son-adam-alone/

I am surprised the marriage therapist would have released that type of information, or any information for that matter.

TBH and quite frank there truly is no "profile" of a person who collects and/or is interested in guns .. they come from all walks of life, all races, all socioeconomic classes, all levels of education, etc, etc.. there is no one certain type of person who collects or enjoys target or range shooting various types of firearms.. the spectrum is huge and people on every end of the spectrum and in between are the exact people who collect and shoot guns for enjoyment...

there honestly is no profile of what or who the people are that happen to for whatever reason collect and shoot firearms.. Even in my family and extended family alone those of us who own and shoot various different type guns do so for a wide variety of reasons or different interests and are from a wide variety of occupations..

Clearly you are a gun person, that's fine. I do, however, find it strange that a 50-something year old woman was in the possession of firearms and statistics would suggest that it is uncommon, at best. If you look at a statistical breakdown it is highly unlikely for a woman, in her 50s, in Connecticut to be a gun owner period, let alone a gun owner of THIS caliber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876