Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nancy was travelling a lot. To find a good school for Adam.
Others say she wanted to put her son in a mental facility.
Maybe she didnt want to tell her friends that?
So she just lied a little, telling she would be looking for a school, when in fact she was looking for the perfect mental institute. Who would find out anyway if they were going to move away?

That would at least explain all the confusion in the different media reports.

In my opinion:
She knew something was wrong with Adam. She was probably scared of him herself. She wanted him to get psychiatric help. She probably did her research about the different facilities in private, without telling her son about it, because she knew he wouldnt like the idea.
Then she found a mental facility that she liked and told Adam about it just recently. He was furious, and in his disturbed mind he worked out the tragedy that happened last Friday.

Just my thoughts.
But I cant think of anything reasonable for him to kill children at Sandy Hook. He could have just shot his mother and himself, bad enough already.

:moo:

Hi guys.....before I start this, I want to say that I am not putting down your wonderful country nor do I want to get involved in your gun debate, which after reading quite a few articles, is causing heated discussions, however I thought I would give some info and statistics about here.

First of all no one I know in the city I live in, owns a gun, I dont think I have seen a real one. Saying that where I live is an area full of sugar cane farms, banana farms and cattle properties and I do know most of the people on those properties have a rifle mainly to kill snakes.

My best friend does live on a cattle property outside town and she has an air rifle to kill snakes.

I am 47 and have lived in this area since I was about 42 on and off while not travelling and I have never heard of a murder done by a gun. The city has a population of 200,000. There have been murders, mostly domestics and normally by stabbing or strangulation or similar.

I looked up the statistics on Queensland the state I live in....in 2012 there were 42 murders in the whole state..........a population of 4,500 000 people.

HOWEVER saying this in Sydney within the last 2 years there has been a significant rise in drive by shootings and shootings...........but still (at this stage) not many killed. This is scaring a lot of people as America has a massive influence on australia, especially with the young people and alot of their heroes, fashion, sayings etc come from american tv shows. So basically I think quite a few of us are a bit scared that with the increase iin gun crime in Sydney we may be at the start of following in your footsteps.

Saying this though, the shootings are mostly by bikie gangs which have been majorly overtaken by middle eastern crime syndicates and they have a lot of infighting...

Anyhow just for your information,......... I really hope you sought something out and speaking as an outsider I do understand that it is like a vicous cycle: all the baddies have them, so the goodies need them for protection from the baddies.......so what do you do?

A separate neighborhood source also told FoxNews.com that Nancy Lanza had come to the realization she could no longer handle her son alone. She was caring for him full-time, but told friends she needed help. She was planning to have him involuntarily hospitalized, according to the source, who did not know if she had taken formal steps.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/1...sed-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FRVjhLYF

Connecticut requirements for involuntary hospitalization:
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2002/rpt/2002-R-0848.htm
This is from 2002, I did not check if there's been any change to the laws but I assume it would be reasonably accurate since it's a gov site.

:waitasec: who came up with this possible theory first? WS or Fox news? :banghead:

I've thought for a while maybe "aspbergers" was what the family told people but there was a different diagnosis. Part of the keeping up appearances.

His symptoms as described fit with Asperger's. He might have developed other conditions on top of it. I believe police said they also contacted geneticist to see if geneticist can figure something out.

I'm really confused with this latest major MSM reporting of Nancy again volunterring at Sandy Hook..that she loved the students more than she loved Adam, and that she was friends with both principal and psychologist that were both killed execution style at the school..

I call BS...the only reason that the principal and psychologist were even amongst those killed was due to their courageously attempting to tackle the gunman.. its not as if they were hunted down and targeted...quite the opposite in that if they had sought cover in the room where they were meeting in when the gunfire erupted, they would have survived..

my point is IMO the large majority of the article IMO is absolute BS...untrue..and is irritating at this point in time that major news media outlets are willing to just go with such easily verified/or not information about this tragedy without even bothering to do so...ugh!..it pizzes me off..jmo.

Other sources claims she was looking for a college for him. So which one was it? Locked away or going to college? I am not sure people who are interviewed and provide this insight know much of anything at all.

Maybe she was going around checking out places where he could be institutionalized but told him and neighbors etc. that she was looking at colleges.

Warcraft III is not an MMO (World of Warcraft is) and not the game with the crafts like cooking.

oh ok I stand corrected.

In looking for a gaming profile for AL i stumbled across one with the last updated activity I could find as 11/12/12 with cooking/engineering as two professions this particular gamer was working towards. I have no clue who/about this Lanza profile except it had "cooking & engineering" and that was what was reported about AL in real life too.

Again I stand corrected thanks for the info.

Number one:
Let's assume that a school is Locked Down.
What about the playground
?
Would the whole school have to be enclosed in a gated type fortress?

All schools have lockdown procedures. All classrooms have specific procedures....lights out, lock doors, over windows etc.

All playgrounds have procedures to follow if a lockdown is required...
If your class is out on the yard at recess, we are to go next door to our church and proceed with lockdown inside the building.

!!!

I'd like to know how closely he followed James Holmes after the theatre shooting ..

yes, these are my thoughts as well.. tho, at this point I'm uncertain to what degree or rather what length of time went into the premeditation of this rampage, but am beginning to believe that its been in his mind for quite some time..

I'm really confused with this latest major MSM reporting of Nancy again volunterring at Sandy Hook..that she loved the students more than she loved Adam, and that she was friends with both principal and psychologist that were both killed execution style at the school..

I call BS...the only reason that the principal and psychologist were even amongst those killed was due to their courageously attempting to tackle the gunman.. its not as if they were hunted down and targeted...quite the opposite in that if they had sought cover in the room where they were meeting in when the gunfire erupted, they would have survived..

my point is IMO the large majority of the article IMO is absolute BS...untrue..and is irritating at this point in time that major news medias outlet are willing to just go with such easily verified/or not information about this tragedy without even bothering to do so...ugh!..it pizzes me off..jmo.

I think this can be applied to a lot of the articles that have come out of this tragedy.

I initially heard it was a parent who was responsible, then two gunmen, then it was RL who had killed his brother, his parents in NJ, his girlfriend was missing, etc. Then it was AL and there were crime scenes at the school, in town, and in NJ. How long was it being reported that NL was a teacher, substitute, volunteer, etc. at the school? Part of me wishes that LE would release all the info they have so these BS articles will stop.

His symptoms as described fit with Asperger's. He might have developed other conditions on top of it. I believe police said they also contacted geneticist to see if geneticist can figure something out.

Medical Examiner:

Also Tuesday, Carver said his office is consulting with a geneticist at the University of Connecticut with the hope of finding out "if there is any identifiable disease associated with this behavior."

Carver said he does not know whether Adam Lanza had Asperger's Syndrome — a possibility that has been raised — but he said Asperger's "is simply not on the menu, in terms of what is wrong with this kid. Asperger's is not associated with behavior patterns that are violent."

http://www.courant.com/news/connect...hook-school-shooting-20121214,0,6861962.story

I've thought for a while maybe "aspbergers" was what the family told people but there was a different diagnosis. Part of the keeping up appearances.

There might have been something else too but the security person from one of his schools apparently said that the school had documents saying he had Asperger's so I'm thinking he must have been diagnosed with that at some point during his school years.
A former director of security for Newtown Public Schools shed new light Monday night on the gunman, Adam Lanza.

Richard Novia said Lanza had Asperger's syndrome, based on documents and conversations with Lanza's mother, who was killed shortly before the Sandy Hook massacre.

Novia said that as part of his job, which he left in 2008, he would be informed of students who might pose problems to themselves or others.

He also said he received "intake information," which he said "is common for any students troubled or impaired or with disabilities." The idea was to keep track of and help students who may need it.

You can handwrite one, have a couple of trusted friends sign as witnesses and put in a very safe place. Not as easy as one that a law office does to work with, but it is still a will. (Look up some info in your state online.) If you do not have one, whatever state the deceased lives in takes control of everything, and any little ones fates.

Or go to NOLO.com or an office supply store and buy WillMaker, or use that online attorney site that advertises all the time.

Before each of my operations I've used WillMaker to update my will, write Advanced directives, living wills, patient advocate designations, etc. The legal papers may not be as good as ones custom written by an attorney, but at least there are some sort of instructions on what my wishes are. If I had tried to get to an attorney, they never would have happened.

Willmaker was nice since it 'walked' me through the various papers I might want and had steps with additional information on each part of each document. It created a cover letter to include with each document, instructions on how to sign, who should get copies, and so forth.

Even if I end up going to an attorney in the future, I can take these copies and use them as a jumping off point for them.

Out of the mass murderers notice how most wear a bullet proof vest, Maybe Al intentions was to stay alive one point.

OMG the man who lived near the school and took in the kids after they escaped is coming up on CNN. Poor man, he's crying. God Bless him. :(

The more I read about Adam, and other brutal killers from anywhere in the world, the more I realise its always the same character/personality you hear about afterwards.
Very silent, almost never speaking, showing little emotions, no friends, always alone, a little weird, no eye contact, socially akward - but not stupid, actuallly quite intelligent. And not unfriendly, willing to help. You always hear that one sentence: "I could have never imagined that he was capable of doing something like this."

Now my problem is my husbands brother. He fits the above description perfectly.
Are those considered warning signs? Just curious if anyone knows something about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28