Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN affiliate HLN is saying now that NL went to the hotel on Tuesday and checked out on Thursday. They did not say she had plastic surgery. They did say that friends have said in the last few years NL had felt comfortable to leave AL at home as she went on short trips. She would prepare meals for him in advance as she did not want him cooking. The woman reporter said NL trip was confirmed as reported contacted the Omni Washington Hotel in NH.

That is interesting that he had his own car. He took his brother's identification and someone else's car to the school to kill. He also wore a flak jacket. It appears as if he thought he might leave the school alive and unidentified.

AND had another firearm in the car. What was the plan with that?

If mom was trying to get conservatorship over AXXX, she wasn't doing this to get him admitted to a psych hospital. She was doing this to have him placed in a private residential psychiatric facility. I wonder if her "trips" were actually taken to check out private residential psych facilities throughout the US.

There is really no evidence she was trying to place him a psychiatric facility.
The article in fox news was based on hearsay - a young guy claiming somebody told him, but not even saying who did.
Other people claim she was trying to put AL into college for special needs students. Is there a college in Wa for special needs students?

If mom was trying to get conservatorship over AXXX, she wasn't doing this to get him admitted to a psych hospital. She was doing this to have him placed in a private residential psychiatric facility. I wonder if her "trips" were actually taken to check out private residential psych facilities throughout the US.
No faulting mom here...
It sounds like she was planning to downsize and sell her home...
That sounds to me like an adult wanting her adult son to leave the nest so that she could live a little.
Can't say I blame her... either way it sounds like he could be left alone.
Funny she didn't want him cooking, but left him there with the weapons.

Forest/trees ya know?

:blushing:
Yeeah.... probably that and her recent split with hubby. I can't ignore the timing tho...
Get divorced, have surgery, buy guns... seems ok.
Who knows!

Get divorced...feels vulnerable, buys guns. Starts to recover emotionally and starts to socialize a little more, gets surgery as she starts thinking about dating etc .. starts staying away from home and wants to sort out the burden of a son who doesn't look like leaving. I can see a progression here and I'm not criticising her one little bit. I think she was just going through rather normal phases of going from a married woman to a single lady in her 50's with a desire to build a new life for herself.

Only difference was with NL she had a son who was way more disturbed than she realized. And really, when he started to get a lot worse in late adolesence she was going through her own pain of divorce and an MS diagnosis to boot, so she probably wasn't in a space where she could have seen / acted with the clarity and determination required.

CNN affiliate HLN is saying now that NL went to the hotel on Tuesday and checked out on Thursday. They did not say she had plastic surgery. They did say that friends have said in the last few years NL had felt comfortable to leave AL at home as she went on short trips. She would prepare meals for him in advance as she did not want him cooking. The woman reporter said NL trip was confirmed as reported contacted the Omni Washington Hotel in NH.

Nobody is saying she had plastic surgery on Tuesday before she died. Nurse said she had plastic surgery-I presume some time back.

O/T sort of.

Anyone looking at bullet proof vests, be sure to do the research. Was listening to a radio show this a.m. about vests, backpacks, etc... for "preppers." A man that sells these things, only to LE, FBI, CIA, etc... said they only stop a pistol shot, not a rifle. For rifles you would need a very thick plate. Just what kind of plate he did not say.

Also said that the best online shops should ask for background checks so thugs and terrorists are not stocking up, and most shops do check. I'm certain ebay does not, but heck, it could just be plain old material you are getting on there and not Kevlar or whatever.

:blushing:
Yeeah.... probably that and her recent split with hubby. I can't ignore the timing tho...
Get divorced, have surgery, buy guns... seems ok.
Who knows!

Going to gun ranges might be a good way to meet men. I am just saying...

O/T sort of.

Anyone looking at bullet proof vests, be sure to do the research. Was listening to a radio show this a.m. about vests, backpacks, etc... for "preppers." A man that sells these things, only to LE, FBI, CIA, etc... said they only stop a pistol shot, not a rifle. For rifles you would need a very thick plate. Just what kind of plate he did not say.

Also said that the best online shops should ask for background checks so thugs and terrorists are not stocking up, and most shops do check. I'm certain ebay does not, but heck, it could just be plain old material you are getting on there and not Kevlar or whatever.

Bullet proof vests?
For who?
Are these people spending their time in the most dangerous areas of the country?

Herein lies the problem with most public school systems; too cookie cutter. Early in the education process a student is labelled either brilliant overall thus honor roll across the board or average or even dumb. The system is weak when helping to grow students with their individual strengths in mind. In general, the teacher teaches the subject their way and very few are perceptive enough or willing to bend in order to help a student who doesn't or can't get it as taught by them. Worse is that many teachers don't bother to find out what or why the student is a low performer in their class. That becomes the problem of the parent who is not in the classroom to figure it out. There's too much emphasis on grades and test scores imo. We all know it's easier to focus on the easy students/children, the ones who go with the flow and make us look good too versus the students who could use the extra attention and a helping hand. Those children are expected to seek out help on their own versus someone within the school noticing and approaching them and offering the help.

It's complicated and not all one cause or solution but I know not every person fits the same mold where they are able to write fluent essays and/or know how to or interested in creating a business plan at age seventeen.

Whatever had been going on with AL over the years is mysterious because the issues were/are hidden or denied. Why? Pride and/or shame?
Did NL have help? Did she ask for help? Was help available? Why did she make the decisions she did? Was her perception of reality off and how did it get that way? We don't know the truth of her/their journey but we know it ended tragically.

Hillary Clinton said that it takes a village to raise a child. What about that?

We need to know the answers to these questions imo. If AL had extreme mental illness and his mother (father and brother) hid it from their extended family, the community, and the world, is that acceptable? Where was her help? Are the systems in place that can help someone in her position? If so, was she willing to utilize them? What took her so long? Where's the village for people like Nancy and her son?

At the shooting range? :waitasec:
Nancy's village started at the public school, but she removed her child from the village deciding that he should be in college.

Psychiatrists usually refer families to caseworkers/social workers/therapists to help them find their way through the maze of mental health services, but one has to be OPEN and truthful while talking with the mental health caseworker. They are awesome, but not mind readers.

The mental health system is complex and most families need a guide to help them find everything that they qualify for and would benefit them. Once you leave your "guide" (the caseworker/therapist), getting referrals and knowledge about helpful programs becomes very challenging.

Bullet proof vests?
For who?
Are these people spending their time in the most dangerous areas of the country?

Doosmday preppers some stock up on food, water, necessities, first aid, antitbiotics,guns, bullets/ammo, and protective gear/vests. Me? I know economic collapse will happen, and suppose I'll just end up going with millions of others, or roam the streets until I drop.

Okay, now I am reading about parents who are buying bullet proof backpacks for their kids. Yup, because your kid will be wearing their backpack 24/7 at school. Ugh.

Nobody is saying she had plastic surgery on Tuesday before she died. Nurse said she had plastic surgery-I presume some time back.

Thank you for correcting me on that.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/exclusive-mind-newtown-killer-article-1.1223612

In the days before the massacre, the mother of Adam Lanza was pushing her loner son to leave the Newtown home that provided his refuge from reality, a family friend told the Daily News Wednesday.

“He sat in his room playing video games for hours and hours,” the friend said. “She thought the best thing was for him to get out of the house and into the world. To interact with people a little bit.”

But the 20-year-old rejected the idea and stopped speaking to his mother, the friend said. Nancy Lanza and her youngest son hadn’t talked for three days before he fatally shot her Friday morning and then murdered 20 children and six staffers at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Nancy Lanza had brought her son to a psychiatrist as he became increasingly anti-social — spending endless hours in his room by himself.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2FXRBfF1e

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2FXR7KOnA

I looked it up and there are colleges for special needs students (high functioning autism, Down syndrome, etc) with engineering programs. I think that is where she wanted him to end up.
Doesn't sound like he wanted to.
But I don't think she was going to lock him up in some psychiatric facility at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member