Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Rita Cosby say that NL had been at a hotel last week, not returning home until Thursday early evening. I suppose this is how the murderer had time to plan this all out. I can't believe this is the first time i have heard this. (maybe i am just tuning the name out) :(

I heard Rita Cosby say that NL had been at a hotel last week, not returning home until Thursday early evening. I suppose this is how the murderer had time to plan this all out. I can't believe this is the first time i have heard this. (maybe i am just tuning the name out) :(

That's interesting if true ...

"She checked into the Omni Mount Washington Resort at 12:10 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 11, and checked out at 12:27 p.m. on Thursday, HLN said."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/massacre_left_killer_adam_lanza_ryNR31OfvVKAMm6Aw1y8FO

"Nancy Lanza had brought her son to a psychiatrist as he became increasingly anti-social — spending endless hours in his room by himself."
"When the mother pressed the issue of moving away, “he didn’t want to leave,” according to the pal. “He didn’t understand why she wanted him to go out into the world. She told me she couldn’t reach him — and she was worried."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ewtown-killer-article-1.1223612#ixzz2FXLf0aaO

Do you know that all staff and teachers in Israel are trained and armed at all times?

Not once have they ever had a shooter come in and try to harm the chidren.

They also have one of the safest airports in the world. Why? Because the airport has armed security at every possible point.

IMO

Israel is pretty much in a war zone. There are things about the political climate that the schools can't control. I don't see what their policies have to do with the US.

Did the school have video cameras?? I know my small town does.

She is at an age where women who want to look younger go in for nip and tack.
So I wouldn't necessarily assume she went in for some injury to have plastic surgery.
:blushing:
Yeeah.... probably that and her recent split with hubby. I can't ignore the timing tho...
Get divorced, have surgery, buy guns... seems ok.
Who knows!

:blushing:
Yeeah.... probably that and her recent split with hubby. I can't ignore the timing tho...
Get divorced, have surgery, buy guns... seems ok.
Who knows!

She was a very attractive lady. But I imagine having a difficult adult son living at home can destroy ones dating life.

First time I have seen this stated...
"But most of the time she was taking care of Adam, helping to homeschool him as well as get his driver’s license a few years ago. “It was a big step for her,” said Tambascio. “He had his own car. She was very excited about it.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...a-destroyed-his-hard-drive-before-attack.html

If he had his own car and therefore his independence you would think that somebody would remember him outside the home.
What did he need a car for and where did he go?

If mom was trying to get conservatorship over AXXX, she wasn't doing this to get him admitted to a psych hospital. She was doing this to have him placed in a private residential psychiatric facility. I wonder if her "trips" were actually taken to check out private residential psych facilities throughout the US.

She was a very attractive lady. But I imagine having a difficult adult son living at home can destroy ones dating life.
Exactly. There are not too many males that would bond with their girlfriend's mentally ill, basement dwelling adult son.

He killed the only person who would have cared about his remains.

He has a brother and a father. Surely the father will arrange a cremation or burial.

Hey fer sure, lets go the Israeli way...that means their laws on guns too, right?

"Gun licenses must be renewed every three years and permits are given only for personal use, not for business in the firearms sale while holders for self-defense purposes may own only one handgun, and may purchase a maximum of fifty rounds a year, except for those shot at firing ranges."

Their interests are completely different from those of their peers and they prefer the company of adults or older children because they can relate to them in a better way. Giftedness is not evenly distributed throughout all intellectual spheres: an individual may excel in solving logic problems and yet be a poor speller; another gifted individual may be able to read and write at a far above average level and yet have trouble with mathematics.

http://www.asperger-advice.com/asperger-intelligent.html

Herein lies the problem with most public school systems; too cookie cutter. Early in the education process a student is labelled either brilliant overall thus honor roll across the board or average or even dumb. The system is weak when helping to grow students with their individual strengths in mind. In general, the teacher teaches the subject their way and very few are perceptive enough or willing to bend in order to help a student who doesn't or can't get it as taught by them. Worse is that many teachers don't bother to find out what or why the student is a low performer in their class. That becomes the problem of the parent who is not in the classroom to figure it out. There's too much emphasis on grades and test scores imo. We all know it's easier to focus on the easy students/children, the ones who go with the flow and make us look good too versus the students who could use the extra attention and a helping hand. Those children are expected to seek out help on their own versus someone within the school noticing and approaching them and offering the help.

It's complicated and not all one cause or solution but I know not every person fits the same mold where they are able to write fluent essays and/or know how to or interested in creating a business plan at age seventeen.

Whatever had been going on with AL over the years is mysterious because the issues were/are hidden or denied. Why? Pride and/or shame?
Did NL have help? Did she ask for help? Was help available? Why did she make the decisions she did? Was her perception of reality off and how did it get that way? We don't know the truth of her/their journey but we know it ended tragically.

Hillary Clinton said that it takes a village to raise a child. What about that?

We need to know the answers to these questions imo. If AL had extreme mental illness and his mother (father and brother) hid it from their extended family, the community, and the world, is that acceptable? Where was her help? Are the systems in place that can help someone in her position? If so, was she willing to utilize them? What took her so long? Where's the village for people like Nancy and her son?

At the shooting range? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member