Conrad Murray Trial - Closing Arguments 11-3-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How does that remove the slit saline bag found?

I think Walgren pretty much knew what their argument was going to be so he will address them in rebuttal.

I don't like him making the case about the prosecution trying to hoodwink the jury though.

IMO

I hope he can clean this up in rebuttal.

The prosecutors in the Anthony trial did a masterful closing. Baez used scribbled notes on a shabby tablet. Enough said. The jury ended up liking the underdog.

True dat. I didn't trust Baez either, it didn't get me anywhere, did it?

Well Chernoff...I don't believe that your client knew he could hang the bottle. If he did, explain to us, please, why he cut a saline bag? I'd really like to know.

ETA: And while you're at it, tell us why he spiked the bottle?

*How do we explain the fact that Murray wouldn't have to do that?"

Good question, imo

Based on CM's expression, he doesn't seem to believe the DT's version of events either. :crazy:

How does that remove the slit saline bag found?

I think Walgren pretty much knew what their argument was going to be so he will address them in rebuttal.

I don't like him making the case about the prosecution trying to hoodwink the jury though.

IMO

I don't like it either. Instead of blaming the cops (as criminal defense lawyers usually do), he is accusing the DA, specifically Walgren, of all kinds of malfeasance. In fact, he seems to be accusing Walgren of suborning perjury, which is a crime. I don't think this will play well for this jury, which has seen Mr. Walgren working his butt off, day and night, at this trial.

I dont see much damage. The bottle had a ripped rubber stopper than can only come from a spike that is used with a drip.

IMO

Chernoff just addressed this by explaining that was a ridiculous theory from prosecution about the propofol in the saline bag. Just like that, taken care of.....excuse the sarcasm, I couldn't help myself.

I agree Thundar. I think this is the best closing I have ever seen.

:takeabow: <----- Walgren

I have not followed this trial at all.........but Mr. Walgren's Closing Argument was so easy to follow and easy to understand, that I feel like I have a crystal-clear picture of the case.

I think Chernoff is doing a lot of damage to the state so far. Sorry. But he worries me.

I think Chernoff is doing a lot of damage to the state so far. Sorry. But he worries me.

I see it as pretty routine. Blaming someone else. Even blaming the prosecutor. Now that one is an all time low but with this DT I am not surprised.

IMO

Perhaps, but if the jury follows the letter of the law, CM will still be found guilty. In a way, it doesn't matter really what happened prior to MJ's arrest, CM's response and deception was completely irresponsible and still amounts to criminal negligence.

Look at CM -- did he OD himself on lorazepam at lunch? -- he looks like he's been run over by a bus. Really. He looks like he is in shock. Short breaths. A slo-o-o-o-oow panic attack. He really looks sick.

Pity.:banghead:

No, expert witnesses DO take positions! That's why we have them. And Dr. Shafer never said he wasn't qualified, because he WAS qualified. Chernoff is a dirtbag. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back