Conway "civil suit behavior a publicity stunt"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who isnt these days? I highly doubt it has anything to do with Casey Anthony.

I am not saying its ok that the Anthony's acted like that. They were idiots, as usual.

Well, if you are in the Orlando area, why not go around to a few places that ARE hiring and put the name Zenaida Gonzales on the application and see what response you receive? I am sure that this has impacted her life, and on top of that we have these cruddy economical times, so she is doubly disabled, and it has everything to do with Casey Anthony.

It reminds me of a thing we used to tease and say in school-
Shame shame everybody knows your name...

It is thus with Zenaida, and she was not a famous person when this all befell her...and make no mistake, this fell on her like an ateroid falls from the sky-with great speed and

You know what? You're absolutely right. They were the ones that made it a huge publicity stunt... acting the way they did. It wouldn't've been a huge circus had they not acted that way. We probably wouldn't be really talking about it much anymore, but we do because it was just OUTRAGEOUS.

I never thought Morgan or Zenaida were pulling a publicity stunt... I just thought that the point was kinda moot because she was cleared by LE.

Ah, I'm disheveled this afternoon but thank you for your input and I hope we can just agree to disagree. :hug:

ETA: I wanted to say I have no ill feelings towards ZG and couldn't imagine what she has gone through, being dragged into this mess..... I just thought it was unnecessary, but like you said... I bet she and her children think this is very serious stuff. I guess I would too if some psychotic baby killer dropped my name out there.

That's why there are laws against slander and libel. They ARE very serious!

The only ones who should be criticized are the ones who defamed an innocent woman, trying to make a living and raise her kids.

if the As didn't want their butts sued, they would not have defamed the woman to the media. Period.

Ugh, I hate to say this but I sorta agree with conway (someone please punch me in the throat) I know Morgan has a job to do and I understand the videos had to be released but I found the civil suit rather frivolous. Everyone knew Zenaida wasn't the culprit.
That said, I still enjoyed watching the depos and watching the A's make themselves look foolish and unprofessional.

On a side note, I showed my boss parts of Cindys depo (He doesn't follow the case) and his mouth was to the floor at how she acted in a court of law. I mean who does that and talks to lawyers like that calling them aholes? Sigh

Was she looking in a mirror, when she said that? ;-)

i am so glad Morgan did what he did for his client, for many reasons

BUT, the most important is, that is will help the criminal trial against the KILLER

one less person they can attempt to hurl under the bus

speaking of hurling, whenever i see on the A's I WANT TO HURL
i couldnt help myself but its true[/:DCOLOR]

Now, I'd like to see JG file one against the As.

I agree that GA and CA are the ones who created the drama in the M and M depos! Sheesh.

Maybe BC will say it's simply a case of a "fraudulent friend" of KC's using the opportunity to "forge" public opinion against KC so that it will negatively affect the jury pool if KC is seen as a prior felon before her murder trial.

I mean, with all of the many other thousands of dollars KC has stolen from family and other friends who never said word one to LE about it, isn't this just "frivolous" of AH to press charges over KC clearing out her measly personal checking account when KC is sitting in her cell worrying about her very life - and her commissary account balance? Poor wittle KC - such a victim!

Well, KC's perjuries, thefts, slander and libel are not capital crimes, It's not like she's a mur.. OPPPS!

The civil suit may seem frivolous, but it is serious business. A woman who had nothing to do with this crime, the murder of a baby, had the misfortune to share the exact same name as KC chose as her phantom nannys name, and she also had the misfortune to be on the same premises where said child was allegedly abducted and at the same time. Her name was dragged through the mud. The question is still being asked Does anyone think "Zanny" did it? and the only Zanny that is associated with the case is living hard because of it. That is serious. Just google her name and there is your answer-not frivolous, justified and necessary so that this woman, this accuser, Casey Anthony, does not simply walk away free and clear while Zenaidas life was destroyed. Not frivolous...no sir ree bob...And although many who follow the case closely KNOW that Zanny did not do it, many still have questions, and those need to be cleared up and this woman and her children need to be compensated for the injustice that has been done to them. Casey should pay them, and dearly.

And to answer your question? Cindy and George Anthony do.

The civil suit is just as much a legitimate case as the murder case is. Both courts judgements are binding, and as we learned in the OJ case, often times the civil court is the best place to seek justice, if in fact, the criminal court cannot offer said justice. Zenaida was harmed and she needs to be compensated for that.

I know what I'd do if MY name turned up on a kidnapping complaint!:mad::furious: Or, in the papers, or the news channel.

Nice that the As took it back in the depo, but they've STILL been spilling the woman's name out of their pie holes to every media source they could find.

Who isnt these days? I highly doubt it has anything to do with Casey Anthony.

I am not saying its ok that the Anthony's acted like that. They were idiots, as usual.

So.. if your name was repeatedly mentioned to the media as a suspect in a major crime, it would be OK?

And, if your were fired from your job because your employer didn't want the attention, and you got death threats, no biggie?

And, if your children were harrassed, as were hers?

You know what? You're absolutely right. They were the ones that made it a huge publicity stunt... acting the way they did. It wouldn't've been a huge circus had they not acted that way. We probably wouldn't be really talking about it much anymore, but we do because it was just OUTRAGEOUS.

I never thought Morgan or Zenaida were pulling a publicity stunt... I just thought that the point was kinda moot because she was cleared by LE.

Ah, I'm disheveled this afternoon but thank you for your input and I hope we can just agree to disagree. :hug:

ETA: I wanted to say I have no ill feelings towards ZG and couldn't imagine what she has gone through, being dragged into this mess..... I just thought it was unnecessary, but like you said... I bet she and her children think this is very serious stuff. I guess I would too if some psychotic baby killer dropped my name out there.

Another angle to it that I haven't seen mentioned on this thread (unless I missed it):

This is also pre-emptive strike to attach any possible income Casey might make from this case before she's found guilty.

If Casey were to get some more money from pix, vids etc, at least some of it will be taken away in order to satisfy a judgement, if they win.

And that puts a small smile on my face. :crazy:

So.. if your name was repeatedly mentioned to the media as a suspect in a major crime, it would be OK?

And, if your were fired from your job because your employer didn't want the attention, and you got death threats, no biggie?

And, if your children were harrassed, as were hers?
Excellent post. Succinct.

How anyone can see that poor woman's law suit as frivolous is beyond me.

Excellent post. Succinct.

How anyone can see that poor woman's law suit as frivolous is beyond me.

Too true!

I mean, the convicted baby-killer's don't even want to go into gen-pop in the prisons---let alone being called a baby-knapper AND killer while having to walk around in the public INNOCENTLY with the finger pointed at you as such. Still, there may be some peeps who don't know this entire case and just may still fall for the path-liar's zanny the nanny story!

(and is that even short for Zenaida???)

Another angle to it that I haven't seen mentioned on this thread (unless I missed it):

This is also pre-emptive strike to attach any possible income Casey might make from this case before she's found guilty.

If Casey were to get some more money from pix, vids etc, at least some of it will be taken away in order to satisfy a judgement, if they win.

And that puts a small smile on my face. :crazy:
See, now I could see that really ticking the As off. Viable "angle" too...makes you look at those depos in a whole new light. Thanks, MM!

I find it odd Conway says it was a publicity stunt It sounds like M&M is much more well known why would he need publicity. The A's could have answered questions and been out of the in 1/3 the time if they left out all the stuff that they went off on.

Conway is probably embarrassed he had no control of his clients so he is putting it back on Civil case attorneys. I did feel bad for him quite a few times in that depo. CA lacks respect for anyone and she lets it be known.
GA calls it tuff and strength. Hogwash...GA is like a little boy he thinks he can't live on his own strengths so he is stuck to CA like glue.

(bold mine)

Let me say this: I agree with you - I don't think Morgan attached himself to this case simply to stand in the spotlight. However, he is engaged in a business and I don't think he underestimated for a second the exposure the case would give him. You can't place a dollar figure on the free press he and his firm have received thus far. Good for him! I mean, Tiffany & Co is world-renowned, but I still get catalogues. They keep pounding the pavement for customers, even though they probably don't need to. Is that a bad analogy? :crazy:

I feel the same - I actually expected him to resign as counsel after the deposition fiasco. Wonder why he didn't? Cindy's behavior was brutal...

M&M are nothing but a "publicity stunt"? So what then are the Anthony's?

Just asking.

MOO

So true! And what about Jose Baez? He has created the biggest media spectacle of this case almost more than all the other cast of characters combined.

What about Brad Conway himself? He went on LKL and lied about there being hair on the duct tape. Before he accuses others of creating a publicity stunt in regards to this case, he should take a long hard look at his own behavior.

They acted like a bunch of childish disrespectful liars! He is now trying to spin the whole ordeal. I hope they have to go back and answer the questions they refused to.

They acted like a bunch of childish disrespectful liars! He is now trying to spin the whole ordeal. I hope they have to go back and answer the questions they refused to.
Agreed. They will have to do so. They both seemed like spoiled children. They will have to answer. The question at this point is when. When will they be accountable? If the issue demonstrates in any way that it will interfere with KC's murder charges, it will be delayed. Appropriately.

MOO

(bold mine)

Let me say this: I agree with you - I don't think Morgan attached himself to this case simply to stand in the spotlight. However, he is engaged in a business and I don't think he underestimated for a second the exposure the case would give him. You can't place a dollar figure on the free press he and his firm have received thus far. Good for him! I mean, Tiffany & Co is world-renowned, but I still get catalogues. They keep pounding the pavement for customers, even though they probably don't need to. Is that a bad analogy? :crazy:

I feel the same - I actually expected him to resign as counsel after the deposition fiasco. Wonder why he didn't? Cindy's behavior was brutal...
IIRC he was approached and asked to take the case...but I think I got that info here...in a sort of "subliminal" way.

ETA: I also don't think they would accept a case they thought they may lose.

PS- I was never a big fan of this suit either...not really a litigious kinda gal...but I've "grown" to believe that there is somehow a true connection between Casey and this ZG (the F an elaboration on Casey's part).

IIRC he was approached and asked to take the case...but I think I got that info here...in a sort of "subliminal" way.

PS- I was never a big fan of this suit either...not really a litigious kinda gal...but I've "grown" to believe that there is somehow a true connection between Casey and this ZG (the F an elaboration on Casey's part).

Morgan and his firm have always been masters at getting exposure or publicity - they did not need this case to catapult them anywhere (unlike JB and the other family defense attorneys involved).

If he reached out to take this case, I firmly believe it was because Morgan heard rumors that KC (through JB) or her family were out to turn this "kidnapping" story into a media cash cow for themselves. The longer any trial (and therefore conviction) was delayed, the longer that family and their reps had to make money off the tragic murder of a tiny, helpless child. I agree with Musikman about this - why else would JB have countersued unless it was to prevent the slam dunk win that would allow Morgan access to KC's or the Anthony family's (particularly CA's defamation involvement) new financial records?

The fact that KC refused to testify and her family depo's were a ridiculous combination of hostile or inappropriate behavior, conflicting statements, misinformation, or ill-conceived arguments, makes me think the Anthony family all knew there was more at stake financially for themselves than simply insisting they and/or their daughter had accused the "wrong" Zenaida Gonzales.

I recall that as well; there were some members here in contact with ZG at the time. One that I miss; lost touch due to some health issues on my end.

Also agree that they don't need the publicity and probably turn down 2/3 or more of the cases offered to them. Do they like it? Probably but they don't need it and wouldn't have taken the case for publicity, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett