Cooper Harris - Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We frequently visit my SIL & BIL in Cobb County, Georgia, and I have not talked to anyone who thinks Mr. Harris deserves the time of day, let alone an expensive trial and life on their dime. JMO.

question on this one:

Juror #54: Male. A phlebotomist (a person trained to draw blood in a medical or clinical setting), lives in Powder Springs. Admits to “some” bias against defendant. European accent. Says she is completely impartial. Born in Ukraine, came to U.S. 15 years ago. Says she didn't understand how a parent could leave a child in a car, but also said, “How can you say he’s guilty if you don’t know what’s going on directly?”

First it says Male, but the pronouns are she??? which one is it? Male or Female?

Do we have a list yet of the seven more jurors added? A list like JerseyGirl posted above!

TIA!

Day 13 Tweets from Vince Sims:

Juror 57 strong statements. Says I only know, "God rest his soul a child died in a car while dad was sending d*ck pics." @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
Juror 57 says when asked if he can be impartial, "As a father of two boys it's unfathomable." @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
JRH Trial - Juror 57 says, "I don’t understand how a father can have his son roasting in his car." @cbs46 #hotcardeath— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
JRH Trial - says, "If he didn’t do it, he is going to live in hell forever, a personal hell." @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
Haven't struck him yet. That was all prosecution questions. Defense just now asking questions. By noon should know. https://t.co/25ZeQIaY2e— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
JRH trial Juror 57 says, “being a bad father is not a crime so I don’t know if he’s guilty of a criminal offense or not” @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
#CBS46JRH juror 57 ended with dramatics. Prosecution called him for not having certain financial certifications he claimed to have. @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016
#CBS46JRH juror 57 ended with drama. Prosecution pulled jurors drug arrest history with 1 1/2 lbs of weed seized in his house. juror denies— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016

http://www.wtvm.com/story/31828677/day-13-justin-ross-harris-courtroom-tweets

After questioning, For perhaps the first time, Evans returned to the prosecution table and sat down without thanking the prospective juror for his answers. When Judge Mary Staley told Juror #57 he could be excused, he abruptly left the courtroom.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/prosecutor-challenges-credibility-of-juror-in-hot-/nrCj6/

This is what I have broken down:

31 jurors
Male/Single = 5; Male/Married = 11; Male/? = 4
Female/Single = 1; Female/Married = 7; Female/? = 3

and the question I had above re male or female, I counted "it" as a male. :D

:waiting: for further list...

Day 13 Tweets from Vince Sims:

JRH trial begins with Juror 72 who is grandmother married to a police officer. She says she has no bias or prejudice. @cbs46 #hotcardeath— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 27, 2016

http://www.wtvm.com/story/31828677/day-13-justin-ross-harris-courtroom-tweets

Juror #72, a lab manager from East Cobb, was also questioned early Wednesday.

“Honestly, I don’t know how an adult can leave a child in a car,” she said. She said she believes Harris is guilty and said her opinions are so fixed she can’t put them aside and be fair and impartial.

The woman, who has two children and three grandchildren, is married to a police office who works for the Department of Defense at Dobbins Air Force Base. When asked what she remembered about the case, the woman said she thought Harris had searched on the Internet how long it takes a person to be in a hot car before they die and how to survive in prison.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/prosecutor-challenges-credibility-of-juror-in-hot-/nrCj6/

Thank you JerseyGirl for posting the tweets and for everyone else for your posts and links.

#JusticeForCooper
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do people ever insist adamantly that a defendant is innocent before a trial? Not just saying innocent until proven guilty, but adamant that nothing could convince them otherwise? I don't find it that shocking that many jurors think he is guilty since all the coverage over the past two years has been based on the prosecution sharing their case at the bond hearing. There's been a decent amount of jurors who have said they could be impartial.

I wonder if the media is trying to build it up just how many jurors think Harris is guilty so if he is acquitted, it will be even more shocking?

All three possibilities are likely equally true: the media is exploiting every possible angle to drive up ratings AND most prospective jurors have strong opinions about a baby's death AND many prospective jurors don't want to serve for a lengthy trial that will likely be traumatic.

Bad timing too, most people (potential jurors) take vacations in summer, are more active, no one wants to be sitting in a courthouse or even worst, sequestered.

Questioning of potential jurors is set to resume this morning.

The number of potential jurors qualified rose to 38 on Wednesday. Those involved in the case believe between 40 and 50 qualified jurors are needed before the jury is ultimately selected, though no set number has been announced.

Twelve jurors and an expected two to four alternates are needed for the trial. From the pool of qualified jurors, both the prosecution and defense will get nine “strikes” in order to eliminate individuals they do not want on the jury.

http://www.mdjonline.com/news/quali...cle_eb7b8874-0cf7-11e6-a5a2-9b9f39d74a93.html

Thinking about this case and being a juror, I think I could be impartial of the defense has enough evidence that this was an accident.
I am totally leaning towards guilty but I've also been listening to the podcast which I think is in favor of NOT guilty when it comes to JRH.
I watched a documentary about a juror who sat in on OJ Simpsons civil trial. She pretty much said it gave her PTSD and was more or less a awful experience.

Day 14: CBS46's Vince Sims is in the courtroom as potential jurors are questioned for the trial of Justin Ross Harris.
Updated: Apr 28, 2016 9:55 AM EDT

— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 28, 2016
#CBS46JRH #hotcardeath Back in court. Juror 77 being questioned. We have 38 qualified jurors so far. Need at least 42.

#CBS46JRH #hotcardeath Juror 77 is a grandmother and personal caregiver. She has an opinion of guilt from what she has seen on news. @cbs46

Juror 77 finished quick. Says she thinks guilty, but only from news. Doesn't know facts. #CBS46JRH #hotcardeath

Juror 78- merchandise planner, married, no kids. No bias. Husband works at Home Depot corporate office. @cbs46 #CBS46JHR #hotcardeath

http://www.cbs46.com/story/31839204/day-14-justin-ross-harris-courtroom-tweets

Thinking about this case and being a juror, I think I could be impartial of the defense has enough evidence that this was an accident.
I am totally leaning towards guilty but I've also been listening to the podcast which I think is in favor of NOT guilty when it comes to JRH.
I watched a documentary about a juror who sat in on OJ Simpsons civil trial. She pretty much said it gave her PTSD and was more or less a awful experience.

From all I've read, it's very common for those who serve on murder/violent crime juries to feel some degree of trauma, and almost universal for jurors sitting on DP trials to be traumatized long term, given the additional burden of deciding life or death.

In this case. Those perspective jurors have to know that if selected, at some point they are going to have to look at Cooper's autopsy photographs. To be honest, though I'm always eager and willing to do jury duty, I would do everything in my power to avoid serving on a jury dealing with the death of a baby or a child. As a parent, I refuse to even think about the actual details of Cooper's death--it is the stuff of nightmares. How much worse it would be to be forced to look at those photos, to have to think through what happened and when.

Don't blame any of them one little bit if they don't want to go through that.

Do people ever insist adamantly that a defendant is innocent before a trial? Not just saying innocent until proven guilty, but adamant that nothing could convince them otherwise? I don't find it that shocking that many jurors think he is guilty since all the coverage over the past two years has been based on the prosecution sharing their case at the bond hearing. There's been a decent amount of jurors who have said they could be impartial.

I wonder if the media is trying to build it up just how many jurors think Harris is guilty so if he is acquitted, it will be even more shocking?

There is the presumption of innocence until proven guilty, but that does not mean a person is ACTUALLY innocent.

Consider this, though: In the Casey Anthony trial, the judge made potential jurors state, "She is innocent."

Many said they thought she was guilty, some said they were sure she had lied, etc. None really saw her as innocent. But the judge said that as jurors they had to. And he made them say the words. He stressed it over and over and over again and any potential juror who didn't come in saying it went out saying it. Even if they still did not believe she was actually innocent, they said the words. I still SMH whenever I think of it.

From all I've read, it's very common for those who serve on murder/violent crime juries to feel some degree of trauma, and almost universal for jurors sitting on DP trials to be traumatized long term, given the additional burden of deciding life or death.

In this case. Those perspective jurors have to know that if selected, at some point they are going to have to look at Cooper's autopsy photographs. To be honest, though I'm always eager and willing to do jury duty, I would do everything in my power to avoid serving on a jury dealing with the death of a baby or a child. As a parent, I refuse to even think about the actual details of Cooper's death--it is the stuff of nightmares. How much worse it would be to be forced to look at those photos, to have to think through what happened and when.

Don't blame any of them one little bit if they don't want to go through that.

I agree, especially with the bolded part. I am sure some are shaking in their shoes over the thought of being selected as jurors in this case. Last year I was called for jury duty in a child sexual abuse case. Not an isolated incident, but multiple victims over a significant amount of time. I was so sure I would not be able to tolerate the testimony, photos, medical reports, whatever. I was highly relieved when I was not selected. I would have done it if selected, of course, but was so glad I did not have to.

Same with this case: I could do it but would with all my heart and soul prefer not to.

some tweets:

Justin Ross Harris doesn't look much at jurors. He looks down, takes notes, and talks with attorneys. @cbs46 #CBS46JRH #hotcardeath— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 28, 2016

Juror 78- merchandise planner, married, no kids. No bias. Husband works at Home Depot corporate office. @cbs46 #CBS46JHR #hotcardeath

Juror 78 says she is willing to sit on any jury because “I think everyone deserves a fair trial.” #CBS46JRH #hotcardeath @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 28, 2016

http://www.wtvm.com/story/31839204/day-14-justin-ross-harris-courtroom-tweets

hmm my antenna raises at Juror 78....

Day 14: CBS46's Vince Sims is in the courtroom as potential jurors are questioned for the trial of Justin Ross Harris.
Updated: Apr 28, 2016 9:55 AM EDT

#CBS46JRH #hotcardeath Back in court. Juror 77 being questioned. [We have 38 qualified jurors so far. Need at least 42.

re bold - does the AJC site have a list of the extra 7 from yesterday? You know a list of each juror, like you posted above? I'd like to add them to my list! :)

TIA! :wave:

re bold - does the AJC site have a list of the extra 7 from yesterday? You know a list of each juror, like you posted above? I'd like to add them to my list! :)

TIA! :wave:

No, I haven't seen any updates since. :(

some tweets:

Justin Ross Harris doesn't look much at jurors. He looks down, takes notes, and talks with attorneys. @cbs46 #CBS46JRH #hotcardeath— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 28, 2016

Juror 78 says she is willing to sit on any jury because “I think everyone deserves a fair trial.” #CBS46JRH #hotcardeath @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 28, 2016

http://www.wtvm.com/story/31839204/day-14-justin-ross-harris-courtroom-tweets

more on Juror 78:

At one point lead defense counsel Maddox Kilgore quizzed a juror about her husband donning the costume of Home Depot’s cartoon mascot, Homer. Juror 78, like her spouse, works for Home Depot, where Harris was employed until his arrest in June 2014. Juror 78, a graduate of the University of Alabama, as was Harris, said she hasn’t followed the case closely but wants to serve because “everyone deserves a fair trial.”

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/crime-law/as-selection-process-nears-end-more-questions-for-/nrDKh/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste