Cooper Harris - Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Semi latecomer to case. Are they still in jury selection?

ETA-- How lazy can I get? Dawned on me just as I hit "post", Google is my friend. Sorry!

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 12m12 minutes ago Marietta, GA
Juror 60 in #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath trial days he had NO preset opinions, is impartial, and NOT biased - perhaps a keeper!

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 34m34 minutes ago Marietta, GA
Juror 59 in #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath case says he too DOES have bias against Harris and DOES have bias against Harris

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 59m59 minutes ago Marietta, GA
Juror 58 in #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath trial volunteers his opinion that #LGBT movement is "just wrong" -not sure how that's relevant

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 1h1 hour ago Marietta, GA
Juror 58 in the #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath case says he "resents the way he (Harris) acts" - "I'm on the prosecution side" he says

I kind of wondering if some jurors are exaggerating slightly just how strong their opinion is because they don't want to serve on the jury. It's six weeks, there's a possibility you could be sequestered, and you'll have to see autopsy pictures. I wonder if you asked some of these jurors who are like "I think he did it and nothing would change it!!!!!"...."Okay, why do you think Harris is guilty?" Would they provide all the reasons shown in the media so far? Would they be inaccurate about something? I am surprised there's been zero focus on people's actual knowledge of the case. Some jurors say they think he is guilty because no parent would ever forget their child in a car---so they think the hundreds of cases in the past are all premediated murders? I read an article saying the judge is even qualifying these jurors. I don't know if I necessarily agree with that (seems like it could risk an appeal later on) but that tells me that the judge must think their opinions aren't as set in the stone as they are claiming they are.

31 jurors, 11 to go...

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 6m6 minutes ago
Five more jurors qualified to serve on #RossHarris jury; brings us to 31 #hotcardeath

Here are more tweets by CBS46's Vince Sims as he sits in on Day 11 of the trial:

JRH Trial- Week3 coverage begins. Judge is looking for Juror 57. Said she will send sheriffs if he doesn't show up. @cbs46 #hotcardeath— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 25, 2016
Sims tweeted that one potential juror who was supposed to be in court did not show up. It was later determined that the man was in California and will arrive in Atlanta Tuesday morning.

JRH trial- Juror 58 is a retired engineer, married, with grown children. Says he thinks Justin Ross Harris is guilty. @cbs46— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 25, 2016
JRH Trial- Juror58 says, "The question is how guilty. I’d want to see the evidence to see how guilty.” @cbs46 #hotcardeath— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 25, 2016

JRH trial- #59 wrote statement, "you'd have to be sick to communicate with underage girls." @cbs46 #hotcardeath— Vince sims (@SimsCBS46) April 25, 2016

The number of qualified potential jurors is at 26. They need between 40 to 60 people so they can start selecting a jury of 12 and alternates.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/31807847/day-11-justin-ross-harris-courtroom-tweets

One of the jurors (born in France) is concerned that the trial could go on for a long time. Per comments upthread I agree that some of these people are exaggerating their feelings b/c they don't want to be stuck on the jury for as long as 6 weeks.

I think the first two prospective juror's (after lunch) will get accepted ( IT and EMT jurors)..BUT this 3rd one unlikely..She is adamant that Ross Harris is GUILTY!!

I sure wish this lawyer would blow his nose..every time he inhales..I hear that "Whistler" :shame: I'd be embarrassed if I knew it was so audible!! :blushing:

nice recap from myajc:

Juror #1 – Male. An ex-Marine who works as an independent contractor. Wrote on his jury questionnaire that he didn’t think anyone could mistakenly leave a child in a car. He said he trusts law enforcement and was more biased “toward the guilt side.”

Juror #2 – Male. Chief financial officer for a manufacturing firm. Expressed a desire to serve on the jury but fretted the trial would last a long time. He said he would not have any trouble being impartial and also said he believes police are “less likely” to lie on the witness stand.

Juror #3 – Female. Brother is a Cobb County police officer and she said she believes Harris is guilty. She also expressed concern about her emotional stability if she’s picked to serve on the jury.

Juror #5 – Male. An insurance adjuster, he initially said he could not be fair or impartial and was biased against Harris.

Juror #7 – Female. Acworth resident, four children and five grandchildren, works as a deputy court clerk. Once worked at a police department and a district attorney’s victim witness office. After Harris’ arrest, she began warning her children about not leaving their kids in the car. She also said she found it to be “nerve-wracking” to drive her grandkids in rear-facing car seats “because you can’t see them.”

Juror #9 – Male. Works maintenance for a nursing home. Married, two children, four grandchildren. Has prior misdemeanor convictions and a probation violation. One of his children is in jail in Douglas County, awaiting trial for allegedly committing a murder during a home invasion. Prosecutors tried unsuccessfully to have him struck for cause because he hadn’t disclosed those charges on his jury questionnaire.

Juror #10 – Male. Single with no children, lives near Kennesaw and works as a rehabilitation aide at a long-term nursing facility in Dahlonega. Gets up just about every morning at 4:45 a.m. and goes to the gym before making the 60-mile drive to work. Loves dirt biking and sky diving. Even though he’s a news junkie, he didn’t follow the Harris case.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/jurors-qualified-justin-ross-harris-case-through-m/nrBqt/

Juror #13 – Male. Las Vegas native, married, works for a communications company. Says the Harris case was an “anxiety trigger” for his wife because they were new parents at the time. His initial reaction to Cooper’s death: “Oh, my God, those poor people.” He said he and his wife made a “conscious decision” to disengage from Harris coverage as the case unfolded.

Juror #15 – Male. Single, works as a corrections officer. Has two grown children. Says he would have no problem being impartial. He said he was arrested while in the U.S. Army when he was 19. “I was in Germany,” he said. “It was Oktoberfest.” He thinks law enforcement officers are as capable of exaggerating as anyone else.

Juror #17 – Male. Driver for Frito-Lay, has a 3-year-old son with another child on the way. He also said that he has no bias against Harris and can be impartial.

Juror #19 – Female. A real estate law office paralegal. Single, no children, lives in Marietta. In college, she minored in criminology and child psychology.

Juror #20 – Male. Lives in West Cobb, works in the carpet industry and is married to a woman who works in real estate. Has four children, two stepchildren and one grandchild. He said he had not formed an opinion about the case and could be impartial.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/jurors-qualified-justin-ross-harris-case-through-m/nrBqt/

Juror #21 – Female. A business manager with a 4-year-old daughter. She said she worries about innocent people being charged with crimes. She said she recalls Harris opening the front door of his car at lunchtime and figures he would have noticed his son was there.

Juror #22 – Male. Likes online *advertiser censored*. “That’s why I’m single,” he said. Unemployed, he’s one of the few people who actually said they wanted to be on the jury. Says he can keep an open mind. He also said he can tell when someone is lying or not. “It’s a blessing and a curse,” he said.

Juror #23 – Female. Lives in East Cobb, married to a mechanic, two children. Asked whether she’d formed an opinion about the case, she said she had because of all the media coverage. Like Harris, she once worked as a 911 dispatcher. Her favorite TV show is “How to Get away With Murder.” She said she struggles with the sex charges against Harris because she has a 14-year-old daughter.

Juror #26 – Female. A nurse practitioner, married, 6-year-old son and 20-year-old stepson. Has a psychology degree from University of Michigan, is a news junkie who listens to NPR and says “To Kill A Mockingbird” is one of her favorite books. Thinks Harris is guilty and has told her husband that. “How does someone forget that his child is in the back seat?” she asked during questioning. “I don’t recall ever having left my son in the car. I don’t get it.” She also said, “I can follow instructions, but I’m going into this with a bias.”

Juror #27 – Female. Homemaker from Marietta, engaged to a construction worker, more than 31 weeks pregnant. Says she has no bias against Harris. Attended South Cobb High School, dropped out in 11th grade and then got her GED. Once worked as a waitress and in a store selling Western clothing and CDs. She said she thinks she can take this case on but worries about her medical condition.

Juror #28 – Male. Married with two children and four grandchildren. Says he only knows a little about the case. He’s a recently licensed private investigator who once investigated hundreds of homicides as a state trooper in Massachusetts. He said he would never leave one of his dogs in the car and when he once learned his son had done that, “I was very upset with him.” He said he knows police sometimes go after the wrong guy. “They all make mistakes, too,” he said.

Juror #35 – Female. Cobb County native and graduate of North Cobb High School, works for an Atlanta limousine service and as a waitress and bartender at a chain restaurant. Says she hasn’t followed the case very closely. On whether she has an opinion on the case: “Not really. … Given what I’ve heard, it would be kind of easy to sway one way, but I don’t know enough about the case to form a definite opinion."

Juror #36 – Male. Transplant from New Jersey, Cobb resident for 10 years. Attended college on a baseball scholarship as a pitcher. Has a 26-year-old son, four step-children and three step-grandchildren. Says he has not formed an opinion about the guilt or innocence of Harris and is impartial to both sides. Only remembers hearing something about the case from news reports the day of Cooper’s death.

Juror #38 – Male. Business manager of a call center who used to play football for the University of South Carolina. Single, two sons, lives with his oldest son, whom he coaches on a youth football team. Says he had not formed an opinion about the case.

Juror #40 – Female. Administrative assistant. Married, three chidldren, lives in Mableton. Extremely nervous in the jury box answering questions, because she does not like public speaking. “I guess I believed it when they said it was intentional.” When Harris’ lawyer asked whether she could set aside her opinions about the case, she replied, “I don’t know.” Questioned by the prosecution, she said she would try to be impartial and base her decision on the law and the evidence.

Juror #42 – Male. Works quality control for a chemical company. Married, has two grown children. Asked whether someone could leave his child in a car by mistake, he answered, “It’s hard to understand. You’d have to be out of your mind.” Noted that his wife once used to put the diaper bag in the front passenger seat to make sure she wouldn’t forget the kids in the back seat. Asked whether he could be fair to Harris, he replied, “It’s really hard, to be honest. It’s really hard. I believe in justice. I will try to do my best.”

Juror #44 – Male. East Cobb resident, worked as a FedEx courier for the past 28 years and. Married, with three children and one grandson. Says he kept up with the O.J Simpson trial and thought, “He was as guilty as you know what.” As for defense attorneys: “I think they’re a little shady.” Said initially that he had not formed an opinion on the case and only had cursory knowledge of it. Later, however, he questioned why Harris researched animals dying in hot cars on the Internet. On the sexting charges: “Well, when you drop your drawers and take a picture of yourself and send it through the Internet, yeah, I think that would be *advertiser censored*.”

Juror #45 – Male. Married, lives in East Cobb. Is a fundraiser for the Atlanta Mission. Says he and his wife have no televisions or Internet access, and he can be impartial. He has an undergraduate degree in psychology and two master's degrees – one in business administration, the other in divinity. Says he is fully aware this was a solemn court proceeding and said, “The Lord has really impressed upon me to pray for all of you.”

Juror #46 – Female. Married, three children, lives in East Cobb. Says she has no opinion about the guilt or innocence of Harris. She’s had top-secret clearance and works in base support, training at Dobbins Air Force Base.

Juror #49– Male. Former NBA basketball player. Father of twins – “I was a better basketball player than a father.” Says he knows very little about the case and being fair not an issue. Turned his life aroud about four years ago – “I was headed for destruction" – and now is motivational speaker. When the judge confessed that she didn't know who he was, the former ballplayer said, "I am nobody."

Juror #54: Male. A phlebotomist (a person trained to draw blood in a medical or clinical setting), lives in Powder Springs. Admits to “some” bias against defendant. European accent. Says she is completely impartial. Born in Ukraine, came to U.S. 15 years ago. Says she didn't understand how a parent could leave a child in a car, but also said, “How can you say he’s guilty if you don’t know what’s going on directly?”

Juror #55 – Male, mechanic, lives in Smyrna, born in Guyana. Big fan of crime dramas. Wife is a nurse who works with children with disabilities. Says he wouldn’t have a hard time being impartial; visits Reddit daily.

Juror #56 – Female. Works for Georgia Power, native South Carolinian, electrical engineering degree. Another big fan of crime dramas on TV. Said she has followed the Harris case but can remain unbiased. Familiar with broad strokes of case. Soft-spoken, believes she can keep open mind.

Juror #60 – Male. Single, no children, southeast Cobb resident. Works in sales across from Akers Mill Shopping Center, where Cooper Harris's death was discovered. Watched "The People vs. OJ" and says he is interested in the defense’s strategy. Active on social media and has met women online. Says he had "limited exposure" to the Harris case but also says he has some bias because it would be hard to forget leaving a child.

I see issues with quite a few of those jurors that would definitely be brought up in appeal if they make the final cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;724713573633675264]https://twitter.com/DuffieDixon/status/724713573633675264[/video]
I believe there are 5 defense motions waiting to be heard too. All the motions can be found here:

http://www.courtchatter.com/#!justin-ross-harris-trial-archive/cqbf

Thank you!

It will be very interesting to see if the judge allows the jury to visit CFA, Cooper's daycare, the Tree House, and the Aker Mills Square shopping center. I predict that on-site visits will deliver an immense below to the defense.

11Alive NewsVerified account ‏@11AliveNews 15m15 minutes ago
RT @DuffieDixon #RossHarris shows no emotion as Juror 66 calls him "disgusting...a psychopath" #11Alive

Duffie Dixon 11AliveVerified account ‏@DuffieDixon 51m51 minutes ago
Timing-Attorneys in #RossHarris murder trial say we're not starting this trial until sometime after May 5 (a Thursday)

Bill Rankin ‏@ajccourts 1h1 hour ago
Juror #65 in #RossHarris trial knows nothing about case - was living in Alaska at time of incident. He's a student in Army reserves.

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 18h18 hours ago
Juror 64: "A child died in a car. That's no an opinion." #RossHarris #hotcardeath

11Alive NewsVerified account ‏@11AliveNews 20h20 hours ago
RT @DuffieDixon #RossHarris attorney just said trial is expected to take 4-5 weeks. This after a juror says he's paid by the hour #11alive

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 21h21 hours ago Marietta, GA
Juror 61 in #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath says police may exaggerate testimony-defense theme continues to emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member