Cooper Harris - Sidebar Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. I missed it. Had to drop my little monsters off with daddy. Do you know if/when they might replay it? TIA.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
11:00pm tonight.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thank you!! Catching it now. Coop was a beautiful baby. :tears:

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

To date, how many jurors have been okayed for the jury pool? It seems this information is rather elusive. Thank you!

To date, how many jurors have been okayed for the jury pool? It seems this information is rather elusive. Thank you!

They are still on hold at 26 from Thursday, because they didn't get to the part to qualify whoever they're going to qualify today (I think!). This guy predicts they'll be to at least 30 on Monday (from Friday's batch...I think!)

Philip A. Holloway
‏@PhilHollowayEsq
Predict at least 30 qualified jurors by Monday 4-25 in #JustinRossHarris #HotCarDeath case-today we saw ariety of people-many who'll make it

I'm reading that opening statements should take place a week from Monday.
Trial is expected to last 6 weeks so verdict should be here in mid-June.

:wave:

Really appreciate the tweets here! :yourock:

Nothing "new" from yesterday's selections?

:tyou: all!

back to :lurk: ing!

I haven't been able to read through all the posts, but is this trial going to be televised?

I know it will be live-streamed on the web but no clue if it will be televised.

I'm reading that opening statements should take place a week from Monday.
Trial is expected to last 6 weeks so verdict should be here in mid-June.
By June 18th? That would be great!

I can't remember where I saw it posted. Twitter or Instagram?? Anyway, Nancy Grace will be at the trial in Marietta.

“It’s safe to say that HLN will have the most extensive coverage of this trial than any other major news network,” an HLN spokesperson said Wednesday.

*http://m.ajc.com/news/entertainment/hlns-nancy-grace-to-cover-georgias-hot-car-death-t/nq8wn/

The article says "blanket coverage" by HLN but there's no quote by the actual HLN rep saying that. They simply say that they will give it more extensive coverage than any other network. Does that mean the entire trial will be shown live ala Anthony or Arias or that Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew will talk about the trial each day on their programs? I feel like HLN has not made a decision yet and if they do decide to cover the trial live, there will be a lot more shameless promo/hype around it than simply a line in an AJC article.With that said, I think it's highly likely they will cover the trial live--they are already in Atlanta and I think the Nancy Grace Investigates airing a show about the case a week before the trial is a good indication that's where they are leaning. I wouldn't be surprised if the HLN rep told the AJC reporter off the record that they will cover the trial live.

For example, this is what they had for the Andrea Sniderman trial:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/07/09/andrea-sneiderman-trial-promo-nancy-grace-hln

They made a trailer saying "See full coverage of the trial starting with jury selection on July 29, only on HLN." That was on July 23 so about a week before the trial started so we could be getting close to an annoucement. Isn't it interesting how because the trial never took place, the case completely faded away, whereas if HLN had covered it, it would've been considered one of the most high-profile trials? On a scale of 1-10, how well-known is Andrea Sniderman outside of Atlanta...compared to how well-known she would've been if she gotten the HLN 24/7 treatment?

It says the trial will fill the bulk of HLN's schedule during the day.

Once the trial phase begins, it will be the focus “for the duration” of Grace’s show, which airs weeknights at 8 p.m. In addition, trial coverage ***will fill the bulk of HLN’s schedule during the day, although the cabler still has the option of covering other big breaking news.

*http://m.ajc.com/news/entertainment/hlns-nancy-grace-to-cover-georgias-hot-car-death-t/nq8wn/

It says the trial will fill the bulk of HLN's schedule during the day.

Once the trial phase begins, it will be the focus “for the duration” of Grace’s show, which airs weeknights at 8 p.m. In addition, trial coverage ***will fill the bulk of HLN’s schedule during the day, although the cabler still has the option of covering other big breaking news.

It does look like they will cover the trial live. I expect next week, we will start to see more promo/hype from HLN about "tuning in".

When it comes down to it...why wouldn't they cover it live? It's taking place in Atlanta. There are a lot of people who are interested in this trial, and the case has a lot of elements that would draw the public in. The same factors that shocked the entire country almost 2 years ago will be back in the spotlight. It's probably easier to have one subject to talk about than have to travel around the country interviewing people for dozens of subjects each day. Lastly, their ratings are so low that the chance that their ratings decrease if they decide to cover the trial seems extremely unlikely.

They are still on hold at 26 from Thursday, because they didn't get to the part to qualify whoever they're going to qualify today (I think!). This guy predicts they'll be to at least 30 on Monday (from Friday's batch...I think!)

Philip A. Holloway
‏@PhilHollowayEsq
Predict at least 30 qualified jurors by Monday 4-25 in #JustinRossHarris #HotCarDeath case-today we saw ariety of people-many who'll make it

Thank you. I couldn't figure out why the number of qualified jurors had not increased since Thursday.

On a side note, the shopping center where he pulled over and removed Cooper from the car is a very strange choice. Since he was heading to the movie theater, he would have normally turned right at the street, Cobb Parkway/Highway 41, immediately before that shopping center. In effect, he drove past his "destination." However, there are plenty of places to pull over before that intersection and just as many options if he had turned right toward the theater. I just wonder where JRH was when he realized Cooper was in the car (assuming of course he didn't already know) and why he would have decided to pull over at that particular shopping center. Why pull over there when there were many other options that would have been on his way?

I've been to that movie theater a few times, and I don't think it's an entirely unreasonable route to go straight.

Cobb Parkway/Hwy 41 is a 4-lane street and though I don't know the traffic patterns that time of day, it's a main thoroughfare and no doubt can get busy. To get to the movie theater off Cobb, you have to take a left across two lanes of traffic without a light. Either that, or you go past the theater to the light, and take a left at the light, and then (I think) you can turn left into the theater off the side street (which could still be crowded).

But if you go straight, you get to that road at the top of your image. I forget the name, but it's typically much less crowded than Cobb Parkway. You take a right on that and go a few blocks, and you can take a right into the movie theater lot and not worry about taking a left without a traffic light.

I've been to that movie theater a few times, and I don't think it's an entirely unreasonable route to go straight.

Cobb Parkway/Hwy 41 is a 4-lane street and though I don't know the traffic patterns that time of day, it's a main thoroughfare and no doubt can get busy. To get to the movie theater off Cobb, you have to take a left across two lanes of traffic without a light. Either that, or you go past the theater to the light, and take a left at the light, and then (I think) you can turn left into the theater off the side street (which could still be crowded).

But if you go straight, you get to that road at the top of your image. I forget the name, but it's typically much less crowded than Cobb Parkway. You take a right on that and go a few blocks, and you can take a right into the movie theater lot and not worry about taking a left without a traffic light.

I thought about that route (can't recall the name of the side street either), but at that time of day, Cobb Parkway isn't super congested heading south. However, there are undoubtedly more lights on Cobb Parkway than the other road so maybe that's the reason. If JRH wanted to avoid Cobb Parkway, he could have just stayed on Cumberland Blvd. rather than turning on Akers Mill in the first place. It's just a very strange route to me, and I can't help but think that shopping center was the last "public" place to pull over before the theater.

On a somewhat related note, did you see that the prosecution has requested a field trip to see the CFA, Cooper's daycare, Home Depot's Treehouse, and the Akers Mill Square shopping center for the jurors? I can understand why they want the jurors to understand the relationship of these locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member